Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1i3t0 View Post
    Looking at 35+ talents AND set bonuses outlaw is in a whole different league. It's so far ahead that you can't even see other specs from where it is.

It's hardly any different from how it is right now: it doesn't become more controllable nor procs more often.
    Now it's procs from rupture as well + we know real proc rate instead of "sometimes". So it more like QoL change
    Last edited by Blazo; 2017-02-16 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenedan View Post
    Tier 20 Set Bonuses do not need to be competitive for Single Target DPS - We already have Tier 19 for that.

Let's clarify: With Emerald Nightmare, competitive guilds are still taking the time to clear Mythic for a chance at Titanforged loot. Assuming Blizzard allows it, why will Tier 19 not still be viable in ToS? Also, our Legendaries allow us be versatile depending on the fight / situation, followed with an exchange of trinkets... My point, what's stopping us from using 4-Set Tier 20 with 2-Set Tier 19 & Bracers with 2-3 Target fights (Think Botanist) that is clearly being dominated by other Multi-DoTing classes.

Tier 20 expands Assassination's toolkit further into controlled add fights, but still leaves us with the option of swapping to being the queens / kings of Single Target. I, personally, am looking forward to showing Shadow Priests that they don't own "Botanist-esque" encounters.
    Because unless the tier bonus is godlike the ilevel difference alone makes it unusable, were talking about a 30-40 ilevel difference on 4 itens.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-02-16 at 12:52 PM.

Straight suggestion how to make T20 bonus better:
    Item - Rogue T20 Assassination 2P Bonus (New) Garrote's critical strike chance increased by 10%
    Item - Rogue T20 Assassination 4P Bonus (New) Garrote generates 1 additional combo point each time it critically strikes and deals 20% increased damage

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Uhh, heroic Botanist is a cleave fight, not AoE.
    The terminology is just semantics... My reasoning for linking overall parses for Botanist was outlined in my previous post; in which, I referred to "Botanist-esque" fights ("controlled add") as being the target for our Teir 20 bonuses - An area where we have opportunities to now shine.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Because unless the tier bonus is godlike the ilevel difference alone makes it unusable, were talking about a 30-40 ilevel difference on 4 itens.
    I mean, did you even read the previous line? How is there an item level difference if the purpose of running the content is to specifically target higher Titanforged versions of the Tier 19 pieces?
    Last edited by Jenedan; 2017-02-16 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazo View Post
    Straight suggestion how to make T20 bonus better:
    Item - Rogue T20 Assassination 2P Bonus (New) Garrote's critical strike chance increased by 10%
    Item - Rogue T20 Assassination 4P Bonus (New) Garrote generates 1 additional combo point each time it critically strikes and deals 20% increased damage
    Thats pretty cool, how about 2P Garrote's critical strike increases the damage of your next Rupture by 2% stacks up to 5 times. 4P Garrote generates 1 combo point each time it deals a critical strike if a target is affect by your Rupture.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenedan View Post
    The terminology is just semantics... My reasoning for linking overall parses for Botanist was outlined in my previous post; in which, I referred to "Botanist-esque" fights ("controlled add") as being the target for our Teir 20 bonuses - An area where we have opportunities to now shine.

I mean, did you even read the previous line? How is there an item level difference if the purpose of running the content is to specifically target higher Titanforged versions of the Tier 19 pieces?
    You mean you expect ppl to get insanely lucky and titanforge all the way to the point the item will be usuble in a uper tier ? And unless you don't know how the system works there is an uper ceilling that is determined by the base ilevel of the item, right now only items of ilevel 880 up can tf to 925, what makes you think itens with base ilevel 900 will be able to tf to anywhere near the levels the Tomb of Sargeras items will be tfing ? So unless the tier bonus is godlike, ilevel difference alone make it unusable.

And its not semantics, Botanist is a sustained cleave fight not an AoE fight, its very different. Mythic Botanist is a straight single target fight with some minor add controll elements (adds wich you shouldn't even be looking at since there are 100 other classes and specs better at taking care of them). The 2 part bonus is pretty much useless, it offers negligeable extra DPS on cleave situations and nothing more. If its not a placeholder Blizzard is insane, if it does not get changed after it becomes clear as day it offers 0 DPS Blizzard is just trying to stealth nerf assassination.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-02-16 at 06:58 PM.

Hopefully the 2p/4p for assassination doesn't go live, because it'd just make everyone who fled Outlaw for Assassination at the beginning of the expac flee to Outlaw again. It's a shame because the T19 bonus is really pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamercus View Post
    Hopefully the 2p/4p for assassination doesn't go live, because it'd just make everyone who fled Outlaw for Assassination at the beginning of the expac flee to Outlaw again. It's a shame because the T19 bonus is really pretty cool.
    Outlaw captures ~5% of the playerbase right now. We could use some people back =/

It's the same with Sub ...
    But according to my experience about sets on PTR, it is often better to start earlier builds with a bad 2/4P than a strong one.

The 2-piece will get some single-target benefit. That said, part of the benefit of the bonus is the improved multi-target capability that Garrote has with a shorter cooldown.
    Interested to see what the adjust will be. Also I don't think the ability to keep garrote up on two targets deserves a set bonus, but w/e

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The 2-piece will get some single-target benefit. That said, part of the benefit of the bonus is the improved multi-target capability that Garrote has with a shorter cooldown.
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614933915

I hope they change assassination, its awful atm
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

I would like to see something like:
    Your garrote now stacks to two and has it cooldown reduced by 6 seconds.

Wouldn't that be awesome?
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-02-18 at 02:46 PM.

That Sin bonus has to be a placeholder or something. The 2p is literally a 0 DPS increase on ST. For a spec that is primarily designed to be a single-target master.

I get if they're trying to buff our cleave/AoE, but there's ways to do that without making our 2p completely worthless lol.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

Quote Originally Posted by Won7on View Post
    That Sin bonus has to be a placeholder or something. The 2p is literally a 0 DPS increase on ST. For a spec that is primarily designed to be a single-target master.

I get if they're trying to buff our cleave/AoE, but there's ways to do that without making our 2p completely worthless lol.
    They will add some minor ST increase and let it like this. They won't change it at all. At least I can farm NH like a madman for TF.

Deleted
    Wow... this sucks. BLIZZ really wants us to quit this shit. First the (still) totally unbalanced legendaries (have fun getting your BIS if you already have 6 - see you in 6 months), then this t20. I mean... shouldnt you be happy and excited for a new tier set? My feelings are just: "Man, I really need high iLvl stuff with my t19 to skip that shitty t20". And then again, some BLIZZ employee answering and confirming this garrote shit is going to persist. Wow... not that they already lost a huge playerbase because of their stupid game design. It continues and they dont give a f**k. At least we can say that they are consequent. Consequent in f**king us up. All the money must have made them totally mindless aids monkeys.

TLDR: For all ya stupid BLIZZ monkeys in one line:

No one gives a shit about Garrote
    Last edited by mmocb8ab3d640e; 2017-02-18 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post

IF they want to make T20 help with multi-target.... why not make it like this :

Garrote and rupture lasts 2x more in minions.

this would help way more with our aoe and the madness that is tabbing to keep the debuffs up.

lower CDs really dont solve nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

This might be too powerfull, specially coupled with the garrote damage increase of the 4 parts. Id like to see it do something like "Garrote now deals x damage when its applied, and has its CD reduced by 6 seconds", and make X a decent amount, that would sinergise well with the extra combo point generation of the 4parts and would give us some single target DPS and a reaosn to cast Garrote on CD.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post

Yay for super niche cleave 2set....

Assassination - Garbage all the way around.

Outlaw - good 2pc, decent/good 4pc

Sub - SoD is now 5 energy? Am i reading that right? That is NUTS. 4 pc is meh, decent.

With the exception of outlaw and sub 2pc, if i'm reading the sub one correctly, then as a whole these set bonuses are not that great. And if the stats are not that great for assassination tier (poor mastery), I see little reason to roll on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

and then you'd HAVE to run it with the t19 4pc :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by milkbonez View Post
    Assassination - Garbage all the way around.

Outlaw - good 2pc, decent/good 4pc

Sub - SoD is now 5 energy? Am i reading that right? That is NUTS. 4 pc is meh, decent.

With the exception of outlaw and sub 2pc, if i'm reading the sub one correctly, then as a whole these set bonuses are not that great. And if the stats are not that great for assassination tier (poor mastery), I see little reason to roll on it.
    it's like an extra 25% crit to shadowstrike (considering you can just use it on CD thanks to the 2pc)

that's like 5% dmg done which is roughly the same as it is now, and the less crit you have the better it is.

it does make the shoulders slightly less valuable tho

i wonder how much better shadowstrike relics will become they might even better than energetic stabbing if u got the ring
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-02-19 at 05:33 AM.