Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Natylyaz View Post
    Which is why I feel that the only acceptable solution for Crimea would have been independence from both Ukraine and Russia.
    Why exactly do you wish suffering on people there?

Is that the same reasoning as "the only acceptable solution for Syria is 'Assad must go'"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    well what the fuck were they doing in Ukraine then?
    Living there. Imagine Denmark all of the sudden giving Copenhagen to Ukraine, bam, now you are Ukrainian citizen. That's what basically happened with Crimea - it was always Russian, but mr Chruschev decided that it's not worth to keep these people fed and warm and instead of building infrastructure handled them over to other country
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It's also worth noting that the were Tatars in favour of rejoining Russia in the polls too (due in part to Ukraine discriminating against them after taking over Crimea).
    Polls? Didnt Brexit and Trump teach you anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    You are selectively ignoring parts of post. None of those cases any any relevant. Stop shitposting.
    Clearly, China should be able to annex parts of Eastern Russia, since the inhabitants would want to be part of China.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    There is no point in arguing with him. Whatever Putin does can never be wrong in his head.
    He did plenty of stuff wrong; Crimea isn't one of those cases however. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeponrage View Post
    Ukraine used force in order to suppress their rightful actions towards independence. Also, transfer of Crimea to Ukraine also wasn't done completely legit.
    As would any country with a region trying to break away. It was done within the Soviet Union by their leaders, did the court reject it or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Why exactly do you wish suffering on people there?

Is that the same reasoning as "the only acceptable solution for Syria is 'Assad must go'"?
    Well, since Assad has been causing a great deal of that suffering, keeping him there means that the suffering will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeponrage View Post
    Ukraine used force in order to suppress their rightful actions towards independence. Also, transfer of Crimea to Ukraine also wasn't done completely legit.
    Get off this. It was done by the fucken Supreme Soviet. You don't get more legit than that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, for starters, we have the actual Soviet Union, and continued threats of violence for leaving it. We have Chechnya... Russians really don't like to let people and land go.
    Soviet Union has nothing to do with it.
    Chechnya - go read history. Until you get basic education and facts straight, you are just shitposting.

You are selectively ignoring parts of post. None of those cases any any relevant. Stop shitposting.
    So you've got no counterargument other than "stop shitposting"

Deleted
    Clearly, China should be able to annex parts of Eastern Russia, since the inhabitants would want to be part of China.
    If that would be the case, I don't see why not. But its nothing but hypothetical scenario. Crimea isn't a hypothetical scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inhabitants and legal citizens are different things, you know.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Soviet Union has nothing to do with it.
    Chechnya - go read history. Until you get basic education and facts straight, you are just shitposting.
    It has everything to do with it. Russia did not want to let their little buddies go, did they. They were so butt hurt, they decided to fight quite a lot of battles afterwards to try and force them back under their thumbs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Inhabitants and legal citizens are different things, you know.
    So, you want to take away their freedoms, got it.

Deleted
    So you've got no counterargument other than "stop shitposting"
    Because your entire argument is based on completely ignoring everything and just posting for sake of posting.

Your Kaliningrad example: irrelevant because Germans don't live there. If Germans lived there and were majority, it would have been comparable to Crimea.

If that would be the case, I don't see why not. But its nothing but hypothetical scenario. Crimea isn't a hypothetical scenario.
    You are right, Crimea is a real scenario where Russia annexed land from another nation. Many of the people in that land did not wish to be a part of Russia.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    How about this, Russia openly admits to secure Crimea by force from until shit calms down in Ukraine and begin working diplomatic connections to give the Crimeans a referendum in the future.
    That would have produced an identical result...

10+ Year Old Account
    It has everything to do with it. Russia did not want to let their little buddies go, did they. They were so butt hurt, they decided to fight quite a lot of battles afterwards to try and force them back under their thumbs.

- - - Updated - - -

So, you want to take away their freedoms, got it.
    Chinese do not have freedom to go to russia as they please and live here, they have to get citizenship first, then live for 5 years, then vote for anything

Living there. Imagine Denmark all of the sudden giving Copenhagen to Ukraine, bam, now you are Ukrainian citizen. That's what basically happened with Crimea - it was always Russian, but mr Chruschev decided that it's not worth to keep these people fed and warm and instead of building infrastructure handled them over to other country
    I don't think our capital is a fair comparison :P Bornholm is probably our version of Crimea, frankly I wouldnt care if it were given to Sweden or Germany, Russians were moved to Crimea like they were to kaliningrad, correct?

Chinese do not have freedom to go to russia as they please and live here, they have to get citizenship first, then live for 5 years, then vote for anything
    Thanks for agreeing with me, you want to take away someone else's freedoms.

Deleted
    Ukraine was part of USSR as well as Russia. So USSR vs Ukraine nonsense is illogical.