Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I don't think our capital is a fair comparison :P Bornholm is probably our version of Crimea, frankly I wouldnt care if it were given to Sweden or Germany, Russians were moved to Crimea like they were to kaliningrad, correct?
    Not really, people were moved from Crimea, mostly those who were supporting nazi germany, like Crimean Tatars and some Cossacks.

But you maybe right, USSR had horrible logistics and they wanted to fix it "by hand" (just throwing people at low-pop regions and hope that they'll build infrastructure)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-02-16 at 02:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I think they should have their opinions, I'm just not a fan of taking away the freedoms of innocent people.
    So you disregard opinion of those who do not support absolute freedom? As well as ascribe innocence or guilt without any proof?

How exactly can those people you claim Russians should listen to be innocent if you claim they were against freedom of innocent Russians to choose Crimean allegiance? Clearly you support oppression of Russians.

Another pile of hypocrisy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for agreeing with me, you want to take away someone else's freedoms.
    You literally make no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Thanks for agreeing with me, you want to take away someone else's freedoms.
    Now that's a shitpost if I ever saw one. Borders, visas and requirement to live in country for some years before being able to vote exists in pretty much every country. If you don't know that, you must have never traveled anywhere and/or lack basic education.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Because your entire argument is based on completely ignoring everything and just posting for sake of posting.

Your Kaliningrad example: irrelevant because Germans don't live there. If Germans lived there and were majority, it would have been comparable to Crimea.
    Your post

Did they live there before? Nope. Did that land belong to China before? Nope. Are they majority? Nope. Not a valid comparison.
    My answer

They live there know, that's what matters right? otherwise Germany also have a right to claim koenigsbourg if that's a criteria, parts of Russia have been parts of China before, tje majority they can change. So 50 years from now it's a go?
    I'm answering all your points, you said previous ownership matters, but apparently not in regards to koenigsberg, gg doublestandards. I suggest you drop the "omg dont shitpost" when your question is answered, otherwise replying to you becomes pointless.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    it was always Russian, but mr Chruschev decided that it's not worth to keep these people fed and warm and instead of building infrastructure handled them over to other country
    Not technically correct, Ukraine was part of the USSR at the time and the idea of it ever laving was unimaginable, the whole transfer of Ukraine thing was nothing more than a PR stunt as ownership in practice remained the same (hell it wasn't even legal in practice but it didn't matter, because PR stunt). It wasn't until the fall of the USSR that it ever became an issue for Crimea.

Ukraine was part of USSR as well as Russia. So USSR vs Ukraine nonsense is illogical.
    You wanted me to produce instances where Russia was not really happy about letting regions go, I provided those examples.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that's a shitpost if I ever saw one. Borders, visas and requirement to live in country for some years before being able to vote exists in pretty much every country. If you don't know that, you must have never traveled anywhere and/or lack basic education.
    If the sole justification for the annexation of Crimea, was that the majority wanted it, then why can't China do the same to parts of Eastern Russia?

Talk about double standards...

Well, since Assad has been causing a great deal of that suffering, keeping him there means that the suffering will continue.
    So clearly you support nuking Syria so that suffering will stop? No people, no suffering.

They might suffer even more without Assad - there are no Assad in ISIS strongholds after all. That's the only way to be sure.

Deleted
    Your post

My answer

I'm answering all your points, you said previous ownership matters, but apparently not in regards to koenigsberg, gg doublestandards. I suggest you drop the "omg dont shitpost" when your question is answered, otherwise replying to you becomes pointless.
    Its not "select one of requirements", its "match all of requirements". There are no double standards.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are right, Crimea is a real scenario where Russia annexed land from another nation. Many of the people in that land did not wish to be a part of Russia.
    Hahahhahahahahah...God....Nice joke man.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    That would have produced an identical result...
    The result isnt the issue, how fucking difficult is it to understand that Crimea may very well have become Russian with the world community accepting it, but we dont know do we? because you decided to invade with a "no not our guys" and hold a referendum while holding the OSCE out by force.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    So clearly you support nuking Syria so that suffering will stop? No people, no suffering.

They might suffer even more without Assad - there are no Assad in ISIS strongholds after all. That's the only way to be sure.
    Your comment is ridiculous. I support stopping people who are oppressing others. Nothing more... nothing less.

Deleted
    You wanted me to produce instances where Russia was not really happy about letting regions go, I provided those examples.
    Russia != USSR

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    As would any country with a region trying to break away. It was done within the Soviet Union by their leaders
    The Soviet Union allowed Ukraine to break away, and many other SSRs in the early 90's.

did the court reject it or something?
    No Ukraine just sent in the military, took over control of Crimea, deposed the president/government and dissolved the constitution.

Its not "select one of requirements", its "match all of requirements". There are no double standards.
    So you support the Kosovo independence?

Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    Hahahhahahahahah...God....Nice joke man.
    Are you saying that every single person in Crimea wanted to be a part of Russia? If not, then there were Crimeans who did not. Their opinions and freedoms were ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The Soviet Union allowed Ukraine to break away, and many other SSRs in the early 90's.

No Ukraine just sent in the military, took over control of Crimea, deposed the president/government and dissolved the constitution.
    See the bold, SU was not a country.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Get off this. It was done by the fucken Supreme Soviet. You don't get more legit than that.
    Except he didn't have the authority to do it, hence why Crimea demanded a referendum so they could block it. As the whole thing was just a PR stunt though the complaining voices were eventually silenced (read into that what you will, it was the USSR after all).

Russia != USSR
    Which country was the one forcing the USSR to stay together? Was Moldova holding all the cards and nuclear weapons? Was Estonia threatening to destroy any country that left?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    See the bold, SU was not a country.
    Yes it was, in the same way the USA and the UAE are.