Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Huh? Paul was just on TV today talking about ACA replacement...
    You mean the Freedom Caucus thing? The one where the GOP is being ripped in half because they don't have a plan, and Paul's plan is repeal without replacement, while cutting tax credits that even Ryan favors? I'll grant you they're talking about it, but I don't see a vote happening soon. I mean, this wasn't a surprise, right? They knew they'd have to come up with a plan at some point, right?

Also, didn't Trump have a plan? On his website and everything? Where'd that go? Paul's plan is certainly not that plan.

I'll reverse my opinion on "ground to a standstill" when any bill, even Paul's, goes up for an actual vote. Until then, the GOP is floundering on the subject they took such pride in for 6 years.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    Oh I agree completely, but things like Pacific and Mexico deals to export cheap labor and then import their goods for nothing are the first hurdle, and as much as people like Skroe cry about it, Trump is fixing that.
    "People like Skroe" are the reason we know Trump is such a fraud. Which he is.

Cheap goods are not the solution to America's job crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You linked the thread where I admitted not caring about him and Obama, or realistically any politician, simply talking with someone and that going for bullshit is how Obama kept Republicans looking like idiots and opened them up to Trump making them look like idiots.
    All you did, was shitpost about how everyone was calling Trump Hitler... blah blah blah.

"No, Trump does since he's the autocratic Hitler.

But okay. You get your monkey paw wish. You win seats and become the joke party."

"That would mean something if the counter campaign wasn't "ERMAGERD HE'S HITLER! HE'S GONNA KILL BROWN PEOPLE! HE'S GOING TO RAPE WOMEN!"

But, I wouldn't expect people that hated Obama being called Hitler and then mimicked it to be honest or consistent."

"Too bad everyone is a racist sexist Nazi now or else that would mean something."

"Yep yep. Zero talk about Trump being Hitler and the "rise of the neo-nazis" being claimed by media.

Remember, women are in danger because of "Grab em by the pussy". And "Brown people" are going to be killed and deported."

Now, you get to provide how we are the same, your turn.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Yes it is. Or, that's what pushing for automation and outsourcing is the goal of. Unless you think we make phones and clothes overseas and ship the product back to give other countries jobs.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You mean the Freedom Caucus thing? The one where the GOP is being ripped in half because they don't have a plan, and Paul's plan is repeal without replacement, while cutting tax credits that even Ryan favors? I'll grant you they're talking about it, but I don't see a vote happening soon. I mean, this wasn't a surprise, right? They knew they'd have to come up with a plan at some point, right?

Also, didn't Trump have a plan? On his website and everything? Where'd that go? Paul's plan is certainly not that plan.

I'll reverse my opinion on "ground to a standstill" when any bill, even Paul's, goes up for an actual vote. Until then, the GOP is floundering on the subject they took such pride in for 6 years.
    And anyone who paid attention knew this would be the case when they finally had to actually DO SOMETHING - rather than just bitch and moan and kowtow to their ignorant constituents ("I hate Obamacare - I just want to sign up for the ACA").

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is. Or, that's what pushing for automation and outsourcing is the goal of. Unless you think we make phones and clothes overseas and ship the product back to give other countries jobs.
    I already made the point of automation above - including producing goods that we currently buy from other countries. But that's not bringing cheap labor back - automation is creating skilled labor.

Cheap goods are, however, not the solution to the jobs problem in the U.S. Infrastructure and the adoption of alternative energy is the path to a booming middle class.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    Trump was a cleaning of the Palate,
    More like a cleaning of the throat.

I thought Russia wasnt a geopolitical threat? Isnt that why Obama blasted Romney with " the 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back"

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    All you did, was shitpost about how everyone was calling Trump Hitler... blah blah blah.

"No, Trump does since he's the autocratic Hitler.

But okay. You get your monkey paw wish. You win seats and become the joke party."

"That would mean something if the counter campaign wasn't "ERMAGERD HE'S HITLER! HE'S GONNA KILL BROWN PEOPLE! HE'S GOING TO RAPE WOMEN!"

But, I wouldn't expect people that hated Obama being called Hitler and then mimicked it to be honest or consistent."

"Too bad everyone is a racist sexist Nazi now or else that would mean something."

"Yep yep. Zero talk about Trump being Hitler and the "rise of the neo-nazis" being claimed by media.

Remember, women are in danger because of "Grab em by the pussy". And "Brown people" are going to be killed and deported."

Now, you get to provide how we are the same, your turn.
    I've even making fun of talking points since I was apparently a lazy negro for voting for Obama before I joined this place. If you actually study my post history, you'd find me calling Clinton a poor choice but the email shit was a time waster.

But thank you for finally quoting me, atleast. If you use those, okay. I wildly defend Trump.

Still think he's an idiot. Still didn't vote for him. Tired of hearing inane bullshit after 8 years of bullshit lobbed at Obama.

Indeed. The solution to America's job crisis is BETTER EDUCATION in industries that have growth. The software industry, for example... I know people who took a year of classes at night school and started new careers in it.

But nooooooooooo.... the snowflakes in the rust belt are soooooo special. Their old factory that made vacuum cleaners deserves to be re-opened! And their children should work in it to!

It's such a crock of shit really. What's with these deplorables. Are they the first generation of Americans who don't actually want a better life for their kids? That want their kids to live LIKE they do?

America is free market capitalist country. Everyone competes That is part of what makes America great. So whats with these deplorable snowflakes thinking they should be exempted from the laws of socio-economic gravity? If they can't compete, they should find ways to become competitive - better education, move, new career... whatever.

The most un-American solution I can imagine is expecting a Strong Man President, Donald Trump, to swoop in and save you. It's a complete rejection of Reaganism, which began with "The nine most dangerous words in the English Language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help". It's the rejection of individualism and competitive initiative. It's the stuff of Eastern Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well that, and as we're seeing with GOP town halls now, they're starting to figure out that they voted against their own self-interests. That's why the ACA replacement has ground to a standstill. It'll be a while longer before they find that Trump has taken actions to destroy their retirement funds, increase inflation, and can't bring back the jobs he promised.
    WHAT?! You mean a man with 5+ decades of paperwork showing that he's a major bullshitter turned out to be a bullshitter?!

Well, color me shocked and appalled.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The anti-Trump campaign by the establishment has been the most vicious and hateful thing I have ever seen in my life. These people aren't interested in engaging based on facts, only their precious subjective and easily-manipulated feelings. The people who just regurgitate the TV consensus, believe in the TV consensus' version of Trump and his supporters are essentially zombies.

1.) There were investigations into Clinton, so no different than Flynn there.

2.) People in government has some sort of facination with hating on Putin/Russia for some reason, so of course when the word Russia comes up they'll be all over it.
    Except there is actually fire here with Flynn. There was NOTHING with Clinton. They have the transcripts and recordings of the calls between Flynn and the Russians that show him basically breaking the law. Something they didn't have with Clinton. Which is why they had 8 fucking congressional investigations into Benghazi and nothing or the 2 or 3 for her emails and that showed nothing.

Hating on Russia is entirely rational. Since they literally target and kill civilians in Syria, passing legalized domestic violence against women and gays.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh? Paul was just on TV today talking about ACA replacement...
    You mean the replacement that is WORSE than the ACA? Yeah. Such bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    You say don't post stuff to proove your point then do just that.

I was responding to the stupid remark about Christians being intolerant, i didn't instigate that i was correcting an error.
    If Christians aren't intolerant, then why do they keep wanting to restrict the right to bodily autonomy and banning gay marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    I thought Russia wasnt a geopolitical threat? Isnt that why Obama blasted Romney with " the 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back"
    Obama was dead wrong, and his failure to take Russia seriously is a fitting denouement to a historically disastrous second term foreign policy.

In many ways, it's fitting Barack Obama had to hand the White House over to Trump. For his starry-eyed idealistic bullshit... for his turning a blind eye to Russia's aggression, the humiliation of turning over power to the living embodiment of his rejection, that came in part form the threat he didn't take seriously, is fair and fitting. It's just a damn shame the rest of the country should pay for it too.

But fifty years from now, there will be no complete telling of the Age of Obama, about how it ended in a catastrophic election where the President of the United States KNEW the Russian threat had arrived, and navel gazed and moralized, like he spent years doing on every foreign policy issue.

Seriously, fuck Barack Obama, the 44th President of the United States. It's a disaster that Trump is President, but in many small ways, it's good that Obama's reign of error is finally over and done.

And anyone who paid attention knew this would be the case when they finally had to actually DO SOMETHING - rather than just bitch and moan and kowtow to their ignorant constituents ("I hate Obamacare - I just want to sign up for the ACA").

- - - Updated - - -

I already made the point of automation above - including producing goods that we currently buy from other countries. But that's not bringing cheap labor back - automation is creating skilled labor.

Cheap goods are, however, not the solution to the jobs problem in the U.S. Infrastructure and the adoption of alternative energy is the path to a booming middle class.
    Refresh me. I recall Obama bringing up infrastructure back in the day. Trump didn't say a word, if anything. Did Clinton or Sanders mention infrastructure?

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    And since that point in time, Russia has bombed civilians and is now testing the waters to see what they can get away with this dumbass in the whitehouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    And this is why nearly 11 million more Americans voted against Trump than for him.
    If voting was simply for or against this might be true. 11 million people voting for someone else isn't necessarily voting against Trump.

To put that in perspective lets say that instead of a 2 party system we have 10 viable worthy candidates for the presidential election. Lets say its a losing tie between the defeated 9 member each at 9%, and the winner with 19%. You might say (as the author has here) that 81% voted against the winner. That isn't correct, they simply preferred someone else. Likewise if we simply had a vote today 2.16.17 that was "for or against" leaving the possibility of either having a president or not having one at all, I think you might still not have that 11 million against despite his low approval rating.

This is just 1 of the many liberal slants and skewing of facts present in the article. Present facts, not feelings... you could still paint him as unfit without the slant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverb256 View Post
    These people aren't interested in engaging based on facts
    You don't get to say that after "alternative facts". Sorry, that ship has sailed.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Refresh me. I recall Obama bringing up infrastructure back in the day. Trump didn't say a word, if anything. Did Clinton or Sanders mention infrastructure?
    Both Hillary and Trump brought up infrastructure. I don't recall Sanders mentioning it, but I would be surprised if he didn't. It's the key to jobs growth and economic stimulation - and all the work is right in our backyard.

Deleted
    What's so bad about Trump? I think he's doing a pretty good job. And I'm European.

Besides, the alternative was worse. WWIII and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Obama was dead wrong, and his failure to take Russia seriously is a fitting denouement to a historically disastrous second term foreign policy.

In many ways, it's fitting Barack Obama had to hand the White House over to Trump. For his starry-eyed idealistic bullshit... for his turning a blind eye to Russia's aggression, the humiliation of turning over power to the living embodiment of his rejection, that came in part form the threat he didn't take seriously, is fair and fitting. It's just a damn shame the rest of the country should pay for it too.

But fifty years from now, there will be no complete telling of the Age of Obama, about how it ended in a catastrophic election where the President of the United States KNEW the Russian threat had arrived, and navel gazed and moralized, like he spent years doing on every foreign policy issue.

Seriously, fuck Barack Obama, the 44th President of the United States. It's a disaster that Trump is President, but in many small ways, it's good that Obama's reign of error is finally over and done.
    I'm curious what you think he should have done differently. It's pretty clear that our European allies were not interested in armed, open conflict with Russia, so sanctions were sort of the only option. All things considered, Crimea has probably been a net negative for Russia, since it is a land locked resource drain whose annexation made the general public aware of Russia's goals. With how much modern warfare has moved online, I think it's difficult to judge now (until documents are de-classified) how much or little Obama took seriously the Russian threat.