Deleted

PVP Changes in 7.2 - patch notes

Player versus Player
    Players now deal 40% less damage to other players.
    Players now have 25% less Stamina in PvP instances.
    Players now have 20% more Agility, Intellect, and Strength in PvP instances.
    The honor requirements for leveling through the honor system have been reduced.
    The amount of honor required to advance from 1 to 50 at Prestige 0 has been reduced by 50%.
    In instanced PvP (arenas, battlegrounds, and Ashran), Artifacts now grant a minimum Stamina increase to all players. This minimum is equivalent to the purchase of 36 points, one of which is the trait which grants 10% Stamina.

Not looking good for classes that base their defenses on stamina/health-percent-based heals.

Warriors and locks will be effectively nerfed, to some extent hunters, as their healing ability is also health-percent based. Fury might be the most negatively impacted of all specs.
    Hybrids will be buffed as their self-heals will be better than before (20% primary stat buff) and not affected by total health.
    Tanks will be even more unkillable in world PVP due to the 40% dmg nerf.

Overall quite a strange way to address the problem. Should have simply reduced the dmg dps/healer specs take in world pvp imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    -40% damage but with +20% primary stat increase. How will this turn out?

Overall, I think it may be a buff to healers and DPS hybrid specs like Enh/Ele/Boom/Feral/WW/Ret/SP that has a castable heal based on their primary stat. Means they'll be healing themselves for more.

Classes like Wars/DKs/Locks/tanks in general that have heals based on their total HP will be nerfed due to the -25% HP change.

Edit: Woops. Didn't read what you wrote in bottom and ended up repeating what you already said.

They might adjust the HP based heals to make up for it though. Like Furies could have their self heals % increased in PvP.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-02-16 at 05:52 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Current pvp problem: some classes got a huge toolkit while other have nothing.

Solution: tune damage.

PS: Has blizzard stated something about the 5th golden trait? Currently it is disabled in pvp, they said they would enable it on 7.2, i REALLY hope they don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    PS: Has blizzard stated something about the 5th golden trait? Currently it is disabled in pvp, they said they would enable it on 7.2, i REALLY hope they don't.
    They are removing it in 7.2 and giving classes a static 10% damage/armor/HP bonus in 1 point (which may be the reason why they are nerfing damage and HP in PvP). So everyone will be able to get it. They are also increasing Artifact Knowledge from rank 25 to 40 to make it even easier to get that 1 trait buff. So if they do make it work in PvP, it won't be so bad.

Now the question is shifted to will the EXTRA trait ranks work in PvP? Those will require AP farming. Someone did the maths and found out that at AK level 40, you'll need to run about 1k Maws to get the AP for those as opposed to 250 to get to 54 traits in the current system.

So basically, AP grind in 7.2 as it stands will take 4X longer than it does now to reach max rank...
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-02-16 at 06:10 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    They are removing it in 7.2 and giving classes a static 10% damage/armor/HP bonus in 1 point (which may be the reason why they are nerfing damage and HP in PvP). So everyone will be able to get it. They are also increasing Artifact Knowledge from rank 25 to 40 to make it even easier to get that 1 trait buff. So if they do make it work in PvP, it won't be so bad.

Now the question is shifted to will the EXTRA trait ranks work in PvP? Those will require AP farming. Someone did the maths and found out that at AK level 40, you'll need to run about 1k Maws to get the AP for those.
    Are the numbers final now? They said yesterday that the datamined numbers were not official. I think that artifact should have been a thing for the first patch (and they shouldn't have added the 5th trait), keeping adding boring talents that do nothing fun is a waste of time and veeeeery annoying. I just got all my basic traits and I can't be bothered anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Are the numbers final now? They said yesterday that the datamined numbers were not official. I think that artifact should have been a thing for the first patch (and they shouldn't have added the 5th trait), keeping adding boring talents that do nothing fun is a waste of time and veeeeery annoying. I just got all my basic traits and I can't be bothered anymore.
    I hope not.

If you only PvP then you don't need anything over 34th trait. But if you PvE, it makes a HUGE difference.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like it's the baseline "resilience" change they were planning to make wpvp less of a shitshow.
    Last edited by Livevil; 2017-02-16 at 08:22 PM.

dont forget guys in 7.2 we get bonus dmg from our artifact weapons + bonus stanima if you combine that with 20% stat increase, all together dmg output should not be reduced by much, one will need to do a napkin math to figure out exact number of our % dmg loss, but i recon it wont be much.

Healers wise, healing specs get buffed with these changed, while in 3s it is a good change i think, while in 2s... i am not so sure, or comps like 2x DPS hybrids will become more viable due to better of healing.

good. Warlock dots will be hitting for like 5-10k now.

Deleted
    There's no way they'll put this through.