Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont know, overwatch has that colourful cartoony pixar like art style that nintendo is known for. i think it would do well on the switch.
    Explains why WoW got ported to the Wii...

Oh wait.

The reality is 90% of overwatch players have already committed to the community they're going to play it on be it PC XB1 or PS4. There is not going to be another sales surge for it on the Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont know, overwatch has that colourful cartoony pixar like art style that nintendo is known for. i think it would do well on the switch.

only thing i could see being a problem is if nintendos online isnt good enough for blizzard to consider it.
    It also now has at least one openly gay character and for a japanese company that sees itself as "making toys for children" i could see them, backwards though it is, to see that and go 'no thanks, think of the children'.

Shit the only reason swapnote died and you will need to use a phone for the switch is their paranoia about child predators using their service as a grooming and entrapment tool. They think their primary market is still children for some reason and in a more right leaning, slightly xenophobic culture (calm down japanophiles you know this shit is true in business still) they would balk at it for 'reasons'.

Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers is getting a new first-person mode where you’ll get to use the Joy-Cons to perform Hadoukens as Ryu to take out enemies.

Skip to 2:57:08

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It also now has at least one openly gay character and for a japanese company that sees itself as "making toys for children" i could see them, backwards though it is, to see that and go 'no thanks, think of the children'.
    Birdo would like to have a word with you.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also I don't think Blizzard would enjoy people playing their game at a downgraded port.
    Yep, Like I said there is a quality blizzard likes to have with there games and The Switch wouldn't be able to give it. The Ps4/XB1 versions run nearly equal to the PC version on ultra settings. The Switch would be running on a low/med pre-set at best.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Explains why WoW got ported to the Wii...

Oh wait.

The reality is 90% of overwatch players have already committed to the community they're going to play it on be it PC XB1 or PS4. There is not going to be another sales surge for it on the Switch.
    Outside of if Overwatch is worth porting or not based on potential sales that's something Blizzard will determine once the Switch sales stabilized.

Using WoW as a counterargument howver is kind of silly..not like WoW got ported tot he Xbox or Playstation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And Blizzard definitely does not take people "playing their game any way they can", otherwise they would have attempted to port WoW to consoles.
    To be fair that could still happen, It would just have to be worth it to blizzard.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep, Like I said there is a quality blizzard likes to have with there games and The Switch wouldn't be able to give it. The Ps4/XB1 versions run nearly equal to the PC version on ultra settings. The Switch would be running on a low/med pre-set at best.
    Blizzard focuses allot on gameplay and not a graphics, they like art very much obviously but raw graphics has never been a major focus when they release a game.

edit

If the Switch can't handle overwatch in a way that doesn't effect the gameplay then by definition Blizzard won't port it otherwise it will just be a math thing.
    Last edited by ati87; 2017-02-16 at 02:31 PM.

Debating on whether I want to go digital or physical for games on my Switch. I'm 100% digital on my PC and PS4 - couldn't imagine actually buying a physical copy of a game and actually don't mind spending a little more for a digital copy just for the convenience and ability to have my entire library in one place . However, I'm unsure about Nintendo - I heard their digital system is kind of weird in that they're tied to your physical console and not your account or something? There's also the issue of space I guess - I would have to buy at least one 128gb card @ $40 to start off with and more down the road with more games. I have Amazon Prime and it seems like you always get a discount when you buy physical games, so there's that advantage for physical.

What's everyone else doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    I will not go digital on The Switch. The read speed of SD cards is slow compared to HD's and SSD's and the space is small.

For indie games I could see it but not for AAA titles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    3ds had its digital games tied to console not account. Don't believe we've head anything about how account management works on the switch yet.
    This as well....

Debating on whether I want to go digital or physical for games on my Switch. I'm 100% digital on my PC and PS4 - couldn't imagine actually buying a physical copy of a game and actually don't mind spending a little more for a digital copy just for the convenience and ability to have my entire library in one place . However, I'm unsure about Nintendo - I heard their digital system is kind of weird in that they're tied to your physical console and not your account or something? There's also the issue of space I guess - I would have to buy at least one 128gb card @ $40 to start off with and more down the road with more games. I have Amazon Prime and it seems like you always get a discount when you buy physical games, so there's that advantage for physical.

Not sold yet on the Switch since if I look at the Playstation Store the games their aren't often cheaper then what I can find online. Some games (Uncharted 4 right now) but most games that are worth it aren't.

The next game I will get FFXV is 5 euro's cheaper for me to get from a webshop + season pass online right now then getting the digital version with the season pass.

I'm not that bothered by discs and I like to have a touchable collection in some ways.
    Last edited by ati87; 2017-02-16 at 02:58 PM.

I will not go digital on The Switch. The read speed of SD cards is slow compared to HD's and SSD's and the space is small.
    So, digital games downloaded onto internal flash memory card, or flash memory game cartridges out of the retail box, what's the difference

10+ Year Old Account

For indie games I could see it but not for AAA titles.

- - - Updated - - -

This as well....
    Small space? My mini SD card has 128b and my SSD has 128gb. I don't know about speeds though, it may well be they are a bit slower but I don't think it will affect performance massively if my fire TV apps are anything to go by.

I'm going physical where it's possible.
    physical games (at least the popular ones) have a fairly good resale price, so if i ever decide that i don't want the game anymore, or simply bought a game that i thought sucked off the bat, then it's easy to sell it.
    you can't do that with digital copies. the convenience is great, but not great enough to warrant holding on to a 50 quid game that i played for a couple of hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Small space? My mini SD card has 128b and my SSD has 128gb. I don't know about speeds though, it may well be they are a bit slower but I don't think it will affect performance massively if my fire TV apps are anything to go by.
    a SSD can read up to 2500mb/sec and write at 1500mb/sec dependant on model and conditions (numbers based off samsung evo 950 pro)
    in perspective, the highest speeds a SDXC-II C10 U3 V90 card can achieve using a UHS-II bus interface is 312 mb/sec (and a SD-card with those specs are insanely expensive and most often only used in 8K recording).

consumer-grade sd card with UHS-I connectors will often be on-par with a good HDD 7200rpm in read speeds.

a 10.000rpm velociraptor HD read/writes at 50mb/sec on the low end and 150mb/sec on the high end.
    Last edited by freezion; 2017-02-16 at 04:44 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account

Nintendo needs to keep pushing for RPG/JRPG's, this and the Octopath Traveler both look really interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo's BOTW E3 booth

I am personally going all digital this gen, but I'm thinking going physical will possibly be better as the Switch's carts will probably be customized to be faster than most SD cards.

You will also need to save space inside the internal memory/SD cards for VC and digital only games as well.

You can tell from what we have seen its not on par with the Ps4/XB1 version. I also love how you ignored everything else that I said.

So yes we do know its not the PS4 version or even close to it.
    How many rational people actually think that it would have. I always thought the ES games looked like shit to begin with. But to play it on the go will be nice regardless of the graphical downgrade. That is the big draw of the system. You can play console type games on the go. Most rational people understand you will not have XB1/PS4 graphics in the Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    People in Japan are going to buy a Switch to play Splatoon 2 they give a fuck about Overwatch.

Also there is nothing for Nintendo to consider. Blizzard aint gonna bother with the port.

The only blizzard game I could see them porting MAYBE is Diablo 3 if it gets another expansion and the Switch has a good size install base.

- - - Updated - - -

Overwatch could run on 75% of the electronics in my house but it still ain't getting ported to the Switch.
    Man handheld D3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Also, I read an article the other day where Square was talking about DQ11 and how they had to develop 4 separate versions. 2d/3ds/Switch/ps4 and how it was very time consuming. Leads me to believe its not getting ps4 version, but not getting 3ds version either. Its for sure going to be MUCH closer to the ps4 version though.
    If they developed 4 versions, it will be a downgraded version of the PS4 version. I mean DQ Heroes looks pretty good on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the video of Street fighter first person mode looks fucking awful. Like early Wii awful (controls)

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    So the video of Street fighter first person mode looks fucking awful. Like early Wii awful (controls)
    Yeah, it was quite impressive, to say the least, to compare it to the controls for ARMS.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.