Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unhappy Re-Roll DH Due to Legendary drought?

I have had the unfortunate outcome of getting the worst legendaries for a dps, 4 so far. The time and work to farm that 5th legendary with a 1 of 6 chance to get another shitty one seems to risky. With the new catch up mechanics, i am tempted to re-roll a new DH and power him back up to Nighthold ready. This fresh toon should open the opportunity to getting BIS legendaries or even one. Is anyone else thinking this at this point or even done it? It's all RNG in the end.
    Last edited by Restitution; 2017-02-16 at 09:24 PM.

No. "It's all RNG in the end." Reroll and get the worst legendaries again. ggwp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    I have had the unfortunate outcome of getting the worst legendaries for a dps, 4 so far. The time and work to farm that 5th legendary with a 1 of 6 chance to get another shitty one seems to risky. With the new catch up mechanics, i am tempted to re-roll a new DH and power him back up to Nighthold ready. This fresh toon should open the opportunity to getting BIS legendaries or even one. Is anyone else thinking this at this point or even done it? It's all RNG in the end.
    "Unfortunate RNG"
    "4 legendaries"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

It really dosent take all that long to get back to NH ready. You hit 110 and youre at AK 20 already and level your weapon very fast. Buy a few of those 880+ capes, belts and whatever else on the AH and fill the rest with crafted 815 gear you're set to run heroics right after dinging. Queue as tank and have loot set to havoc. Hopefully you can drag a few guildies along and do a bunch of +'s and maybe a few normal and heroic EN runs, then you should be ready in a couple weeks tops.

These people who are saying stuff like rng is rng and whatst to keep you from getting 4 crap legandaries again dont really understand how frustrating it is. I have 3 garbage ones and 1 semi ok so I feel your pain.

The one per server restriction kills this for me, because I'd be pretty angry if they changed legendary items in 7.2 or 7.3 after I deleted a character to make a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Lol yea i was just bored and the idea popped up. I am sure someone has done this lol. If it wasn't for the server limit i would probably give it a shot just due to how easy it is to get to 880+ and 4 dragon weapon. I'll just go cry in the car ...or gear my rogue :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    The one per server restriction kills this for me, because I'd be pretty angry if they changed legendary items in 7.2 or 7.3 after I deleted a character to make a new one.
    The one per server doesn't mean jack considering most realms are merged with several others.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    The one per server doesn't mean jack considering most realms are merged with several others.
    well it does if you intend on raiding mythic...

Do we need another of these threads every day or something?

Quote Originally Posted by warmachinist View Post
    Queue as tank and have loot set to havoc. .
    Best advice. I did the same thing and got to 882 within a few weeks of casual -ish play. Had a bit of luck with 2x legendaries (Raddons and Kil'Jaedans)

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    "Unfortunate RNG"
    "4 legendaries"
    May well be that he was on track for 4, but you seem to be assuming everyone does the same amount of content as you (I'm nearly at 5 expected legendaries by average attainment, yet only just got 4th - this is widely considered unlucky in number of legendaries)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    May well be that he was on track for 4, but you seem to be assuming everyone does the same amount of content as you (I'm nearly at 5 expected legendaries by average attainment, yet only just got 4th - this is widely considered unlucky in number of legendaries)
    So you might as well dump them in favour of re-rolling for a chance at starting the lottery fresh again? It's just a stupid question and it highlights the extremist gear-or-die mentality of the modern playerbase.

I'm not assuming anything about anyone - the OP never stated how many he was on-track for. By all accounts he could be well ahead of the curve and just complaining. He ought to be upset that Blizzard made shitty legendaries, not that he only has four of them.

RNG is RNG and always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankstar View Post
    well it does if you intend on raiding mythic...
    You can raid mythic with people from merged realms, so no
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Never think of re-rolling. It could be even more frustrating if getting inferior legnedaries with your new character.
    I got 7 legendaries but no half-giant ring & belt, but I dont want to re-roll. Hope getting the ring soon :'(

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    By the time you level and re-gear just for the shot at 1-2 legendaries, you would likely have your 5th and 6th anyway.

These Legendary re-roll threads I constantly see are just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    By the time you level and re-gear just for the shot at 1-2 legendaries, you would likely have your 5th and 6th anyway.

These Legendary re-roll threads I constantly see are just plain stupid.
    Unless you are really lucky, legendary 5 will take as much as the previous 4 combined.
    Took me 2 months of grind, including mythic EN fully on farm, only to get prydaz in the end to add to my small pile of garbage that serves only to take space in my bags.
    In that time I could have another char at 110 with one spec AP capped and a chance at 3-4 more legendaries.

So you might as well dump them in favour of re-rolling for a chance at starting the lottery fresh again? It's just a stupid question and it highlights the extremist gear-or-die mentality of the modern playerbase.

I'm not assuming anything about anyone - the OP never stated how many he was on-track for. By all accounts he could be well ahead of the curve and just complaining. He ought to be upset that Blizzard made shitty legendaries, not that he only has four of them.

RNG is RNG and always has been.
    You pretended 4 legendaries was lucky and now you're backtracking.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Go for it! Delete your DH and you will get BiS legendaries!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You pretended 4 legendaries was lucky and now you're backtracking.
    No, I said 4 legendaries wasn't unfortunate RNG.

Truly unfortunate RNG would be 1 or 0 legendaries at this point.

No, I said 4 legendaries wasn't unfortunate RNG.

Truly unfortunate RNG would be 1 or 0 legendaries at this point.
    1 Legendary is very much on par depending on how much content you've done. This is exactly what I meant about you applying your own personal experience onto others.