Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Two hours is hardly enough time to get a real feel for the game.
    I'm sorry but I got to disagree with this.

It shouldn't take more then a couple hours to get a real feel for a game. You shouldn't need to (For example clock in 10hours) before the fun starts. I personally hate that mind set.

"Its better 5 hours in guys"

To be clear I'm not saying the game is bad (having played it yet). Going to pick it up soon after I finish a couple other games.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I'm sorry but I got to disagree with this.

It shouldn't take more then a couple hours to get a real feel for a game. You shouldn't need to (For example clock in 10hours) before the fun starts. I personally hate that mind set.

"Its better 5 hours in guys"

To be clear I'm not saying the game is bad (having played it yet). Going to pick it up soon after I finish a couple other games.
    There are plenty of amazing games that sucked/were slow for the first couple hours. (ex: FFVII was totally boring until you left Midgar imo) I'm not saying that's necessarily how it should be, just saying that if you give up on a game that early in, you could be missing out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Is there any point in using anyone except Velvet in battle? She seems crazy strong and versatile compared to everyone else in the party.
    magilou against casters, just spam RT and oneshot everything,

15+ Year Old Account
    Why diz game so fuggin gud? Magilou is love and life.

Last edited by Video Games; 2017-02-01 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    I'm not saying that's necessarily how it should be, just saying that if you give up on a game that early in, you could be missing out.
    I don't disagree with this, just sucks games can take awhile and its not a good excuse. They should catch you early, not 3+ hours in.

But this is also can very from person to person.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I think the question should be, should one play berseria before playing zestiria lol. Anyways, play both for sure. Berseria answers a lot of questions I had from zestiria. I thought there'd just be one or two things that, with knowledge of zesitiria's story, would make berseria more enjoyable. But there's so much more and it really ties everything together. That being said it's not crucial to understand what's going on.

Yeah there's so many connections. For example Loegres the capital is Pendrago from Zestiria. You also visit some places early on in their construction in Berseria that become important places in Zestiria. Heck you even get to interact/play as certain characters from Zestiria in Berseria such as Edna's brother which I'll be honest sorta made me sad knowing how his story turns out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    I think the question should be, should one play berseria before playing zestiria lol. Anyways, play both for sure. Berseria answers a lot of questions I had from zestiria. I thought there'd just be one or two things that, with knowledge of zesitiria's story, would make berseria more enjoyable. But there's so much more and it really ties everything together. That being said it's not crucial to understand what's going on.
    One should play Berseria and never touch the outsourced garbage that is Zesteria. Zesteria hardly even qualifies as a Tales game in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    One should play Berseria and never touch the outsourced garbage that is Zesteria. Zesteria hardly even qualifies as a Tales game in my eyes.
    meh opinions. I don't think symphonia is all that great. I couldn't even finish it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    zestiria was my first "tales" game, so i am not able to compare it to other titles, but i really enjoyed it. sorey was rather bland, but it didnt bother me. i'm near the end of berseria, and will probably play xillia + xillia 2 later too

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    zestiria was my first "tales" game, so i am not able to compare it to other titles, but i really enjoyed it. sorey was rather bland, but it didnt bother me. i'm near the end of berseria, and will probably play xillia + xillia 2 later too
    Have a PS3 I imagine if you're aiming for Xillia?

Get Tales of Symphonia. Actually it's on the PC too I think at this point? Either way, I would say that's my all time favorite Tales game.

My friend used to say he enjoyed Tales of Symphonia 2, because he, for some odd reason, played Symphonia 2 without playing 1. He now agrees 2 was complete trash.

Graces F is good too and that's on PS3 also. My personal favorite one. Actually if you plan to play them there's a nice sale on PSN right now were all of the Tales of games are 5$ each till the end of the week so yeah.

For anyone interested Tales is on sell at Gamestop for $50 new $40 used on ps4 since its anime week.
    http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/ta...erseria/132239

There may also be other sell's going on for it on other sites.

Edit: Amazon has it for $44.99
    https://www.amazon.com/Tales-Berseri...f+berseria+ps4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Have a PS3 I imagine if you're aiming for Xillia?

Get Tales of Symphonia. Actually it's on the PC too I think at this point? Either way, I would say that's my all time favorite Tales game.

My friend used to say he enjoyed Tales of Symphonia 2, because he, for some odd reason, played Symphonia 2 without playing 1. He now agrees 2 was complete trash.
    i own the xillia + xillia 2 bundle already. my plan was to play it before berseria comes out, but it didnt work out lol. iirc symphonia is on steam yes, maybe i'll buy it when its on sale^^

@Aruhen
    unfortunately i live in europe, we dont seem to have this sale

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    i own the xillia + xillia 2 bundle already. my plan was to play it before berseria comes out, but it didnt work out lol. iirc symphonia is on steam yes, maybe i'll buy it when its on sale^^

@Aruhen
    unfortunately i live in europe, we dont seem to have this sale
    If you want to sub to it, I think PSNow has a few of the games. You can check and see and its $15 a month sub.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm finna post more magilou. But also I played this for 71 hours which is the longest I've played a game since xenoblade/persona 4

10+ Year Old Account
    The English voice-acting is very hit or miss with me. The conversations are fine
    (although not sure on the actor choices for some of the characters), but good god,
    their "battle cries" and what they say/how they sound during their Mystic Arts
    sound HORRIBLE.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-02-18 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    The English voice-acting is very hit or miss with me. The conversations are fine (although not sure on the actor choices
    for some of the characters), but good god, their "battle cries" and what they say/how they sound during their Mystic Arts
    sound HORRIBLE.
    only one i had an issue with is laphicet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    only one i had an issue with is laphicet.
    Laphi is excellent compared to the other kid character the gang picks up later on. That little bitch alone nearly made me switch over to Jap.

I love how hammy some of the artes are in English though. Especially Velvet screaming like a madwoman during discord.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I put it on Japanese VA right away, but hearing Bienfu's voice in English when I checked a stream just reinforced that decision.