Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    just turn trait rewards to quest rewards and add 5 a week or so...

The Mechanar problem 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Not a chance I believe this;

I do my Cache, raid NH, LFR NH, run around 10-15 mythic pluses(+5-9) a week since AK25, AND IM ONLY at 43. If you are truly 880-885 geared, because you said you are raiding normal, and artifact 54, I'd like you to prove it. Because, I truly don't believe it.
    My character I am talking about is aarreder on dalaran check out my profile, I don't get why anyone would doubt that this was easily accomplished in fact within a week after getting my mainspec to 54 I got both alt specs to 35 again not grinding M+ dungeons, I basically throw all my tokens i get in normal gameplay to my second spec and am i think 38 or 39 on it now without trying as I did with my 54 on primary spec.
    Last edited by erinthea; 2017-02-16 at 11:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    This is just pants-on-head stupid. I've lost literally half of my raid size since the expansion started and almost all of those quitting the game put it down to artifact power burnout.

Making it even harder to get traits in this fashion won't help anyone other than the most casual of players. What on earth are they thinking?
    but casual players ARE the intended target audience of this expansion... so it's all working 'fine'.

this expansion is just culling the semi-hardcore players who want to raid, are capable of playing on mythic difficulty (nowhere near of wf race ofc but finishing it within the tier) but have no time to / don't want to do grinds... casual players are just happy they have something meaningful to do every time they log on and truly hardcore players will just do whatever they need to do to compete

at least that's what i see from mine and my friends' anecdotal examples :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Not a chance I believe this;

I do my Cache, raid NH, LFR NH, run around 10-15 mythic pluses(+5-9) a week since AK25, AND IM ONLY at 43. If you are truly 880-885 geared, because you said you are raiding normal, and artifact 54, I'd like you to prove it. Because, I truly don't believe it.
    I don't M+ very often, my highest i've ever done was a +10 the other night. Since I started playing, I try to do my AP WQs every single day, only missing the odd days. I hit rank 54 with under 50 m+ dungeons done ( according to wowprogress ) back on Feb 4th

https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...am/Phantomlink
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tomlink/simple

I started playing Legion a good week behind it's launch, so I wasn't one of the first people in my guild to hit rank 25 either. On a good day I'd get almost 2 million AP if I got a good mix of world quests, an AP item from an honour level up and daily dungeons etc
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope this change works out. The moment 100% raid attendance no longer became enough I started to lose interest in WoW. To the point I almost want to quit. I fucking hate AP.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    They should just not cap the Artifact Knowledge, so people having less time have options later to come closer to the higher ones, maybe just the balance of how much hours you spent until the next % increase comes in should be adjusted to something like a "cap per week" ... e.g. if I do something 10 hours a week and next week I just need 5 hours for the same reward. I guess there is enough mathematic around to get a graph pointing out what a good increase per week should be as well as how much a dungeon boss should return.

I still do not understand why a RAID boss still is less rewarding then endlessly doing the same shit... at least on mythic difficulty a boss should reward tons more AP then a complete M+0 run as a raid boss only exists once a week, needs strategy, a larger group, more preparation, and also takes for the first kills more time then these 10-20min M+X runs. I really would like to see this increased so a Raid gets the AP by raiding and not by farming endless shit... I even can not see dungeons anymore, and only 1 will come in the near future. I did more dungeon runs I did in LK + Cata + MoP + WoD together ( just guessing) - nearly 100 m+ on NL ... I can not understand why the game should reward boring stuff. A raider is forced to do this shit over and over again :-( does not really feel good.

I do not know anyone who likes the current system which is like an endless grind... and the next grind comes up... if this is the only method to keep players active, then maybe find more rewards then this... also that AP system breaks the feeling you have when "something" drops... its like "oh no again this ring" - just a roll higher would have been better... and again and again... and then this point when you get something after 100 m+ which is better as a fucking Mythic Endboss kill... WTF :-(

I don't feel it's balanced. The post sounds it's going in a direction to think about it, but it also sounds somehow like "you need to do even more to compete with others which have more freetime... (but less skill)".

Should've just capped it at 35 points and left it there tbh. I'm sick of grinding all this AP in multiple specs to feel the need to stay competitive. Seriously fuck the AP system.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Just how old are you? Pretty young I guess if you think the amount is the important part and not the value of the service what you get for that money...can you explain to me why is that 50 cent necessary for WoW? To put simply: Why do you pay? (No, you are not paying for servers..D3, Overwatch, HS, SC2, HotS running on servers as well and no monthly fee for them...for the updates and patches? Every normal game release fixes and hell even content patches for free...or in DLC form, but that cost a lot less than what we pay for an expansion and per month..)
    I'm 30, how old are you? Having been a legal adult for a bit less than half my life and handling my own economy since I was 15, I'm quite capable of realizing that WoW is one of the cheapest forms of entertainment there is. However, "value of a service" is subjective in itself when concerning something as subjective as entertainment, something you should know if you're an adult. If you're going to act superior, at least show some proof of actually backing your attitude up. I've been getting amazing value for my money from WoW for 9 years. YOU (or others) not seeing value in it is quite frankly fucking irrelevant to me.

And if you don't understand the difference between D3, OW, HS, SC2 and HoTS from WoW, that's an entirely different issue. If I enjoyed those very different games more than WoW, I would obviously play them instead. Meaning they have less value to me than WoW @ 50 cents per day. Not to mention that people can spend more money on games with micro-transactions in a month than they would on a subscription-based game, but if they think it's worth it I'm not arrogant enough to judge unlike some.

The fact that you (and others that I assume to be adults) try to make 50 cents per day out to be this ENORMOUS waste of cash because it's spent on something you might not enjoy however, is pretty damned alarming... How tight on cash must one be to think that the price of 1 month's WoW access is outrageous on principle and that only F2P with micro-transactions out the wazoo is viable...?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-02-16 at 11:51 PM.

I think it's a mistake on Blizzard's part to continue this artifact power grind. Here's how I think the system should work (as if what I think even matters):

1. Artifact power should be applied to all artifact weapons on a character, regardless of spec. Alternatively, 50% of the AP you put into your active spec should go into your inactive specs.

2. Artifact power should only apply to the first set of unique traits in a weapon, not to scaling bonus once traits are maxed. Have the % dmg/stam scaling be leveled via a maximum of 2 content-gated tokens (for 1% bonus) per week.

3. Make these content-gated artifact trait tokens come from optional sources (i.e. 1 from weekly M+ chest, 1 from final raid boss, 1 from winning 4 BGs, 1 from clearing 4 mythic dungeons, 1 from the weekly Dalaran quest such as timewalking, etc.). Want to get your weekly +1% dmg/stamina from 2 tokens? Go kill Kil'jaeden, go clear 4 mythic dungeons, go loot your Mythic+ weekly chest, or whatever you want to do. Do this weekly for 10 weeks and your character's artifact weapons will be maxed out.

4. Players still have titanforged gear to "grind" M+ for if that's what they want to do, but the infrequency of it relative to artifact power grinding would make it feel like less of an obligation and more of a choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredomIncarnate View Post
    Player will be so distressed that they will be driven to play Sudoku? THE HORROR!

(Just FYI, the word you are looking for is Seppuku. Sudoku is a puzzle game. If this is a joke I am not getting, ignore me.)
    I know Sudoku isn't the right word... Just a meme my man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithildine View Post
    This does not address the issue you still cannot rerrol without harming your main character.
    AP has to be account wide in a way or another, rerroling should no more be punished to have more tanks and healers in the queue.
    We have had a shortage of tanks and healers before Legion.
    That isn't the issue.
    See how guild recruitments are just the opposite, seeking DPS.

It being wider has a problem.
    On the one character, is it split and therefore worse off for those with more specs and better for those with less.

On multiple characters I would argue as a catchup it is faster than any we had before, such as the improvement to quest drops during WoD ring progression which were simply not on a scale remotely similar to the increase artifact knowledge can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by reid8470 View Post
    I think it's a mistake on Blizzard's part to continue this artifact power grind. Here's how I think the system should work (as if what I think even matters):

1. Artifact power should be applied to all artifact weapons on a character, regardless of spec. Alternatively, 50% of the AP you put into your active spec should go into your inactive specs.

2. Artifact power should only apply to the first set of unique traits in a weapon, not to scaling bonus once traits are maxed. Have the % dmg/stam scaling be leveled via a maximum of 2 content-gated tokens (for 1% bonus) per week.

3. Make these content-gated artifact trait tokens come from optional sources (i.e. 1 from weekly M+ chest, 1 from final raid boss, 1 from winning 4 BGs, 1 from clearing 4 mythic dungeons, 1 from the weekly Dalaran quest such as timewalking, etc.). Want to get your weekly +1% dmg/stamina from 2 tokens? Go kill Kil'jaeden, go clear 4 mythic dungeons, go loot your Mythic+ weekly chest, or whatever you want to do. Do this weekly for 10 weeks and your character's artifact weapons will be maxed out.

4. Players still have titanforged gear to "grind" M+ for if that's what they want to do, but the infrequency of it relative to artifact power grinding would make it feel like less of an obligation and more of a choice.
    1) Penalises any player that isn't a demon hunter with only two specs, unless you duplicate the result at which point it is unfair to anyone who isn't a druid.

2) Simply another cap with the expectation that you meet it.
    3) Though it offering some improvement with the variety of sources for each.
    For a capped system, that is one of the better ones I have seen.
    Even though I think inherently a cap has that issue I described.
    A cap will always be black or white, you meet it or you don't.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-02-17 at 12:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The whole....44 in three specs vs 48 in one is a shitty argument...It seems theyve completely forgotten about the legendary system they put in place. It's keeping you locked in a spec until you get all the current bis legendaries...which will eventually change...so you're better just keeping it locked to one spec. I would LOVE some resto legendaries, but that's never going to happen with this garbage system....I know they will have information soon enough with the new system they plan to implement, but honestly anything short of boa tokens(which would gimp your alts), them dropping significantly more frequently, or being tied to spec and not your character would be a failure to understand how bad the current system is.

Quote Originally Posted by Laciaty View Post
    but casual players ARE the intended target audience of this expansion... so it's all working 'fine'.

this expansion is just culling the semi-hardcore players who want to raid, are capable of playing on mythic difficulty (nowhere near of wf race ofc but finishing it within the tier) but have no time to / don't want to do grinds... casual players are just happy they have something meaningful to do every time they log on and truly hardcore players will just do whatever they need to do to compete

at least that's what i see from mine and my friends' anecdotal examples :P
    ...What?

I know overwhelming ignorance is par for the course in this community but I find it astonishing that you could be that oblivious. This expansion is in no way directed at casuals. You have your seemingly endless grind for Artifact Power, random chances at getting a Legendary which may or may not be utterly useless, you're forced to raid to progress your professions and even the appearances/alternate colors of your artifact weapons require a stupid amount of work. World of Warcraft has never been more unfriendly to casual players.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    ...What?

I know overwhelming ignorance is par for the course in this community but I find it astonishing that you could be that oblivious. This expansion is in no way directed at casuals. You have your seemingly endless grind for Artifact Power, random chances at getting a Legendary which may or may not be utterly useless, you're forced to raid to progress your professions and even the appearances/alternate colors of your artifact weapons require a stupid amount of work. World of Warcraft has never been more unfriendly to casual players.
    I would say there's a large proportion of casual players who are simply happy with anything that makes raiders upset, because they believe that fun in WoW is a zero sum balance and buy into the fiction of WoD having "catered to" raiders on hand and foot rather than simply raiders managing to not get screwed quite as hard as everyone else. Ergo if it makes raiders mad, it must be good for everyone else, right? Right?

Is this the typical blizzard "We know there is a problem but refuse to fix it" crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Is this the typical blizzard "We know there is a problem but refuse to fix it" crap?
    pretty much, the AP grind itself honestly isn't terrible. Yes the difference in throughput ended up being massive which should be fixed...The legendary game still to me is the biggest problem of this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They should have just made traits easier to acquire. This seems like they're changing the system in a way that will have absolutely no effect. Raiders will still grind maw, doesn't matter if the AP is less. Once they've exhausted raiding and all the one time AP sources they'll do maw runs to get even further ahead.

i love how they are STILL ignoring the biggest problem with legion , legendaries.

seriously just end the AP grind already, at least for those with 54 for their specs to free them up from their spec (torture chamber) n allow them to invest into the remaining 2 specs they might want to try out.

bring back valor upgrades if there is a need for players to feel slight power upgrade.

blizz is impressive at delivering no results n be completely ineffective , in the end this announcement and their future plan fixed exactly nothing and the problem will continue to persist.

I absolutely love how they improved their communication n presence but if they refuse to fix problems they acknowledged (looking at you, legiondaries), in the end its all fucking pointless.
    Last edited by JIMM-; 2017-02-17 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Hope this change works out. The moment 100% raid attendance no longer became enough I started to lose interest in WoW. To the point I almost want to quit. I fucking hate AP.
    Yeah, there have definitely never been other obstacles raiders have been obligated for other than showing up for raid. Goddamn Team 3!!!