Poll: How many Bosses per Raid do you like?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Filler raid between 3 and 4.

Main raid at least 8 or more.

I'd say NH is pretty much the perfect design, both for the amount of bosses but also the difficulty curve and ability to choose in the middle.

8, because I'm old now.

9-10

more than that and it kinda becomes a chore (like HFC)

less than that and it's barely a raid

For me 7 bosses is perfect - not too short , not long. 10 is ok , but anything above is too much imho. And I hate doing raids over 2days , unless it's progression.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

3-7 is perfect, with more than one raid a tier is ideal to me. Lets you finish a whole raid in one day while still having more to do.

7+ Year Old Account
    I personally like to have a raid, where it takes more then 1 night to clear unless you are overgearing. It advocates for more planned play and i really like that Also knowing that you are going into an instance to clean up or just focus on a few bosses makes for diversity in raid scheduling.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Now that we just had Nighthold, 10 seems like a good number to be honest. Long enough to feel epic, but not so long that it starts being a chore to farm (hello SoO and HFC). BRF had 10 bosses and was exactly the right length as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    WTH, you guys like 12 bosses in a raid!?

Those take so much time i almost die mid raid.
    Well...different people, different preferences

I failed so hard on the poll, i had no idea people were so different from me XD
    You didnt fail. Opinion is subjective, you can like whatever you like without having to be the same as everyone else.

For me, more bosses = more opportunities at upgrades so the more the better

No more than 8, no less than 2.

7+ Year Old Account
    i just want a raid that has 32 bosses in it

Lol these poll options. By this measure, Siege and ToT fall in same category as EN and HM.

I generally don't really like small raids (4 or less) because they seem to lack depth. That said stuff like ToV can be an alright surprise. Also having a piecemeal tier across 3 raids is kind of annoying (MSV, ToES, HoF)

I like the 7 and 10 opening tier they've done in wod and legion. I'd say 7 to 12 with a 14 max is the sweet spot. And it is good to have variety. Don't shorten or elongate raids to fit quotas. Just balance what makes sense and as many raid bosses as are inspired.

It's kind of like how many songs should go on an album...
    Last edited by elaina; 2017-02-17 at 03:17 AM.

8-10 is the sweet spot for me. Nighthold is the perfect length, easy to clear in a night, but enough bosses to feel like you have stuff to work on for more than like 2-3 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    7-10 I guess. 2-4 boss raids should be supplementary content like ToV. 5-6ish feels like it's just short of a solid raid experience. 11+ feels daunting.

I also prefer non linearity and options to skip things. ToT was a great sized and enjoyable raid, but you had to wade through the linear path every single time and it would have gotten old if the instance wasn't as short lived as it was.

Nighthold is pretty solid, though I think that they could maybe cut down on the trash a tiny bit. I like living instances full of actual occupants, but I also don't like wading through crowds upon crowds while navigating.

10+ Year Old Account
    around 8-10 bosses seems good, anythin below that just feels small, specially when its on farm

also shit poll
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    7-10 I guess. 2-4 boss raids should be supplementary content like ToV. 5-6ish feels like it's just short of a solid raid experience. 11+ feels daunting.

I also prefer non linearity and options to skip things. ToT was a great sized and enjoyable raid, but you had to wade through the linear path every single time and it would have gotten old if the instance wasn't as short lived as it was.

Nighthold is pretty solid, though I think that they could maybe cut down on the trash a tiny bit. I like living instances full of actual occupants, but I also don't like wading through crowds upon crowds while navigating.
    The only place in NH with too much trash is the bit going towards Botanist. Everything else most of it can be skipped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Strongly agree,

Personally 10 boss raids are my favourite, over that becomes a bit of a chore with farm.
    HFCs 13 was horrible for farm in a 6hr a week 2 day mythic guild.
    Same spot. We raid 5 hours 2 days a week and while i like more bosses for the place to feel "epic" farming heroic shouldn't take too much time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Absoul View Post
    You didnt fail. Opinion is subjective, you can like whatever you like without having to be the same as everyone else.

For me, more bosses = more opportunities at upgrades so the more the better
    Nah it was clearly my fail of the week
    People clearly enjoy a lot of bosses and i thought they only wanted a few per raid. There is clearly not enough options on the poll.

Thanks to @Darsithis for adding new options to the poll.

I guess i only enjoy a few bosees because i am a casual pure pugger of LFG and most people are in guilds.
    But like you said, more bosses = more upgrades so most people want more.

10+ Year Old Account
    12 boss minimum, should be a law...

15 would be great..

20 would be epic..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/