Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    House Natural Resources Committee Chairman Rob Bishop (R-Utah) wants to repeal it entirely, arguing that "it has never been used for the rehabilitation of species" but instead has "been used to control the land."

That's because you need to save habitats in order to save species, since habitat loss is one of the biggest factors, you utter imbecile of a representative.

Just your typical corporate republican just think of all the $$$ you can make by drilling for oil there

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    LOL! I don't give a FUCK if a bunch of turds on the interweb believe me or not. I am not going to do the work for you, you have google, etc.
    alright well, must be a great feeling, talking out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    This is my favorite quote about the administration, by far.
    Except it was already done to death years ago.... so edgy so fresh.

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter, civilization doesn't need most species.

Do your own fucking homework. What I said is FACT!!
    It's not his homework, it's yours. When stating claims, you back it up with actual evidence. As in data that supports your claim. That's how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

I thought species dying out completely was a fairly common thing.

Edit - Not counting for human intervention. Simply natural causes.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    It doesn't matter, civilization doesn't need most species.
    That's not how an ecosystem functions. You can't willingly kill off most species because Yolo.

Jesusfuck. Did they not teach the basics of ecology, and/or the food chains in high school that you trumpkins attended?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    I thought species dying out completely was a fairly common thing.

Edit - Not counting for human intervention. Simply natural causes.
    It's the rate of their dying off that's abnormal. The only time massive amounts of species dying off, in a short but rapid length of time, was followed by immense change in the environment. Like when that giant ass meteor slammed into the earth. Or one of the ice ages.

Posting from my phone is annoying.
    Last edited by Baneth; 2017-02-17 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Phone spellcheck
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

The reason this is being done is because in recent years the endangered species act has been used as a club to stop any and all development of land legally purchased. They have been putting species on the endangered species list that would of never made the cut when the law was first introduced. They have increased the numbers of an alleged endangered species, hence including species that are not even remotely endangered. This is being done all in the attempt to stop people from using their land as they want. People have purchased land and had the government come in and say sure you can buy it, pay taxes on it, but you can't use it, which is BS IMO.
    Bingo. But let's pretend it's about slaughtering bald eagles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    That's not how an ecosystem functions. You can't willingly kill off most species because Yolo.

Jesusfuck. Did they not teach the basics of ecology, and/or the food chains in high school that you trump kinship attended?
    Ecology... food chains....? That sounds like some elitist college edumacated talk. Screw you liberals you're not more smarter than me!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post

Jesusfuck. Did they not teach the basics of ecology, and/or the food chains in high school that you trump kinship attended?
    Actually you could kill off 99% of species, all you have to do is preserve a few thousand used in agricultural systems.

Actually you could kill off 99% of species, all you have to do is preserve a few thousand used in agricultural systems.
    Nope. Not playing this game. It's late, and I don't have the mental fortitude to deal with this. I'm going back to reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol wait wait hold up let me use my power of prediction here. Here's how this will play out

1)Argue back and forth about how asinine this statement is

2)Ask for proof

3)Get linked that 99% of the species that have ever existed on Earth since life began are extinct

4)Fall off the mental gymnastics trapeze and fall on my head and into a coma

Do you still think the Earth is flat, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    Next step put soda on plants! More jobs for everyone.
    It's got electrolytes. It's what plants crave. Go away I'm 'baitin.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    3)Get linked that 99% of the species that have ever existed on Earth since life began are extinct
    The percent doesn't actually matter. There is indeed a minimum fixed amount of species needed to maintain agriculture. There are over 5 million species on Earth, but humanity doesn't need nearly that many to function.

But how are the companies making the smogulous smoke and sloppity-slop going to do so if there's those darn rules in the way protecting the swammy-swans?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    The percent doesn't actually matter. There is indeed a minimum fixed amount of species needed to maintain agriculture. There are over 5 million species on Earth, but humanity doesn't need nearly that many to function.
    And again you vastly underestimate the importance of ecosystems and the balance that they bring to everything on this earth. You realize it's not just animals we need, yes? Sure go kill off the polar bears and kill off the bald eagles, we'll live. If industry is given the go ahead to tear it up because MONEY it's not just animals you have to worry about. Plants, water ways, and animals are all necessary to keep our ecosystem in balance.

Bullshit like this is a stepping stone to the others.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    And again you vastly underestimate the importance of ecosystems and the balance that they bring to everything on this earth. You realize it's not just animals we need, yes? Sure go kill off the polar bears and kill off the bald eagles, we'll live. If industry is given the go ahead to tear it up because MONEY it's not just animals you have to worry about. Plants, water ways, and animals are all necessary to keep our ecosystem in balance.

Bullshit like this is a stepping stone to the others.
    Yeah animals and plants are just two types of species. We also need micro-organism species that play symbiotic roles and ones that effect the soil. My point is that we need to focus on the species that matter, not about saving big animals like pandas because they look cute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah animal and plants are just two types of species. We also need micro-organism species that play symbiotic roles and ones that effect the soil. My point is that we need to focus on the species that matter, not about saving big animals like pandas because they look cute.
    You're still underestimating the value that these "big animals like pandas" do for their ecosystems. It's all connected. I'm not saying if the pandas die out we're all "literally dead" but all it takes is ignoring all these, what you consider, minor species and letting them die off and more and more of these problems keep piling up till we're in some real deep shit.

Our goal should be to conserve as much as possible and if that means some industry billionaires can't buy another helicopter I think we'll be okay.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Shameful.
    Etched in stone in the main rotunda of the MoNH.
    Bah, Teddy Roosevelt was a failing president and he made some failing parks and bullshit, also this quote is fake, he actually said MAGA. SAD.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it