Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    So you're saying only a good mcree or 76 should be able to?

My point proven.
    Good Ana/Mccree/76/Widow all deal with her.

If the Pharah is bad the hitscan hero doesn't need to be that great either.

She has a terrible ultimate.

Basically needs Mercy or you're going to fuck over your own Ana because she'll have to scope up, unless you want to constantly fly to health packs.

I think I main pharah, at least I play her pretty frequently, and I still don't get why they buffed her movement so much. It seemed fine before.

Also don't forget that the Bastion changes mean there's yet another hitscan hero to deal with her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    This is the main issue I have, Pharah is the only character that requires a dedicated counter. All of the other characters can be dealt with but you absolutely need a hitscan to zone out pharah.
    What both of you are saying isn't correct at all, or even close.

Most of the cast require a dedicated counter, Pharah is no different and has more hard counters than most of the other heroes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    What both of you are saying isn't correct at all, or even close.

Most of the cast require a dedicated counter, Pharah is no different and has more hard counters than most of the other heroes.
    Not to forget the fact that a godlike McCree or Widow can render a Pharah completely useless. There's a lot of counters to all heroes in the game ofcourse, but some can still function even when their hard counter is in the game. Let's say a McCree versus a Tracer or a Genji. It'll be tough, but unless he gets his flashbang in on you (With its tiny range) you can still play these heroes against a good McCree. Not so much as a Pharah. I get tilted so much when I'm up against a McCree that never misses or a Widow I just can't get close to due to her good teammates.

Pharah doesn't need a nerf. People who main Pharah know the Pharah life can be really cruel. But damn can it be fun when you have no direct counters

Now regarding the console thing. I still don't understand how people can deal with playing FPS on a console. I wouldn't willingly handicap myself by using a stupid controller. But maybe that's because I've been around playing FPS since UT99.
    Last edited by mmoce27e1d5bc4; 2017-02-18 at 03:38 AM.

I'm sorry but if you think Pharah is overpowered you are probably not as good as you think at this game.
    Hi Sephurik

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many of you actually play console...

*crickets*

Yea, anyone saying "pharah is fine" probably doesn't play with the sticks. Not to be rude but your opinion means very little to me if you are a pc player, you just don't know the struggle.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2017-02-24 at 07:44 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

She's so damn hard to hit in the air, she needs a larger hit box. Pre-nerf Turb turrets weren't even close to as annoying as pharah is currently. It was fine before she could play from half the map away. Hell, I would even settle for a larger hitbox only while flying.

She just ruins the game for me, I never feel like I get OWNED unless its by a pharah. If I'm not playing hitscan and the enemy team has a pharah it seems like it is a guaranteed loss.

I'm sure a lot of PC players will say "git gud" and all that, but unless you actually play console I don't think you have any idea how frustrating it is.

I'm on the verge of abandoning all my friends on Xbox to play solo on PC.

EDIT: PC players need not reply, this is about console.
    become decent at widowmaker and only pull her out when you need to counter pharah

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    It still is, it was only reduced. Pharah is not even playable 90% of the time on PC ranked. Unless you are ranked very low under 3000. Pharah is only played when there is enough opportunity for enviroment kills at that point. Like Two maps on tower and one map on nepal.
    >.> I've seen plenty of Grandmasters on PC playing Pharah in the high 4000's and not just because of environmental kills.

Heck, Seagull uses her all the time and he is one of the top 500 (#119 to be precise as of last time I checked) players (he is over rank 4500). You just need to be good at flicking to get her shots. When you land nearly every shot as a direct hit, then Pharah is very effective. She is his third most played hero in Competative matches. And he is just one example, there are others who use her at that tier and are effective. Seagull is just one of the more well known players. SOOO yeah she is doing fine on PC in the right hands.
    `
    Honestly I would see her being HARDER to play on console (actually most projectile heroes probably are) since you can't really flick the analog as well as you can a mouse. She should be landing LESS direct hits on console vs PC and should be easier to counter with a Hitscan like Soldier or Widow (I don't have it on console so I really can't say for certain). But I really haven't heard much about her being a pain from my friends who DO play on console, and the OW community at large outside of this singular thread soooo....might just be a personal issue...
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Pharah doesn't need a nerf so much as she needs a more natural counter. Having a hitscan on your team isn't enough, you need at least 2. McCree doesn't count unless you have amazing aim that rarely misses as his damage drops off at long range and his shots are too slow. If you have only one soldier the only thing the opposing team has to do is kill that soldier and Pharah runs rampant on the team. If you have a pharah on your team your entire teams strategy should be to kill the one player on the opposing team that can kill her and you have one character guaranteed to steamroll the rest.

I'd like to see someone with another flight pack in the game, someone who has a shotgun and can jump up to get her where she is weak, it is hard to hit airborn stuff with missiles. Against everyone else they jump in and shoot faces, then try and jump away before they die. Maybe a 10 guage shotgun with slugs instead of spread shot.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-02-26 at 12:54 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    ...Now regarding the console thing. I still don't understand how people can deal with playing FPS on a console. I wouldn't willingly handicap myself by using a stupid controller. But maybe that's because I've been around playing FPS since UT99.
    I started playing FPS back with... Hexen (1995), Quake (1996), Quake 2 (1997)... but then I grew tired of the genre. It wasn't until the original XBOX released HALO: Combat Evolved (2001) did I even pick up a FPS again. I had always been a platform/ rpg type gamer and consoles just did it better. Once I played a story driven FPS on console it cemmented that love affair for a lifetime. I still have a gaming rig and I do own Overwatch on both. However, I find that I have more fun using a headset and controller with friends, while laid back on a my couch than doing the same hunched over my keyboard.

Hope this insight helps

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people talking about pc? This thread is about console, they are very different.

She's fine on consoles, she's fairly (pharly... get it?!) easy to counter. McCree/Soldier/Ana/Widow, bonus points if you have a Zen for discord. Heck, if you're halfway decent at leading, I've seen Mei/Genji/Hanzo/Zen all knock her out pretty easily. Best thing to do, is to bunker behind a barrier and shoot her while she can't hurt you. Going off on crazy flanks to kill her will only result in your death. Use your barriers.

If she's being pocketed by Mercy, you'll need multiple people focusing on mercy then on pharah to kill them both.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Pharah has no counter other than widow, everything else is a check, not a counter.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I counter her as good as I can with 76 and bastion. Not that hard of a deal. But then there´s also phara-mains, that just laugh at 76 and bastions and stuff. But can´t complain because they are just very good with their char.

Pharah can have a potential of 5-ish counters Soldier76, Mccree, Widow, Ana ,Bastion, Zen and now even Orisa can help. Torb turrents can also keep her busy but I wouldn't count him as a counter. You can have multiple of these heroes on a team to counter her she does not need a nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Ana and Widow can counter her as well, but let me get this straight. You're saying if people play poorly as a counter, it's Pharahs fault?
    The problem is they aren't counters. Counters imply that you ruin someone's day by playing halfway decent.

Pharah is in the clear against a majority of the hero base simply by being so high up in the air, there are 4 heroes in total that can still do anything to her, but between damage falloff and 180 damage rockets they don't "counter" her, they simply have a slim chance of dealing with her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockymonkey View Post
    Pharah can have a potential of 5-ish counters Soldier76, Mccree, Widow, Ana ,Bastion, Zen and now even Orisa can help. Torb turrents can also keep her busy but I wouldn't count him as a counter. You can have multiple of these heroes on a team to counter her she does not need a nerf.
    Like Pigy said, describing these as "counters" isn't really correct. A proper counter, in a 1v1 matchup between equally-skilled players, is going to generally win that matchup. A good Widowmaker, yes, that's a counter to Pharah; she'll get LoS and BAM, dead Pharah. Soldier and McCree, however, have HUGE damage falloff, and can't one-shot Pharah at any real range. So unless they've got their ults up, Pharah has just as much capacity to carpet bomb their location and force them to keep dodging as they have of plunking away at her. It's a game to see whether her rocket splash damage kills them before their shots kill Pharah, who's a difficult target at that range. If they're running for cover, they're not shooting back, and Pharah's winning, by forcing them to react.

Most of these supposed "counters" are just heroes that CAN shoot back, but are on pretty equal footing when they do so. A decent Pharah is just as likely to take out your Soldier 76 and keep raining death on your team as your Soldier is of being able to take her out first. This is true whether we're talking PC or console, though I imagine the issue's even worse on console.

It doesn't mean Pharah can't be countered. But your team really needs to provide more support than just demanding one guy go soldier/mccree and expecting that this will "counter" the Pharah. She won't have free reign any more, but that may just mean she has to focus down your hitscan before continuing to destroy your team.

We need more hitscan heroes, IMO. Ones with decent range. Orisa's a good option for tanking, but she's a good assist for taking down a Pharah, her spread is enough that she can't reliably connect at range, even before considering travel time. A tank with a "lancer" cannon or something that charges up for sniper-like damage might be a good character concept; low rate-of-fire but a strong capacity for getting picks, especially at range.

They don't have a mouse and keyboard option though. The only way to use a mouse on console is to buy http://xim4.com/ and for all the game knows, the input comes from a controller.
    That's not true. For the PS4 you can buy a TAC4 which is officially licensed by Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockymonkey View Post
    When a team needs to go all in like this to counter 1 hero its a problem. They nerfed the redesigned bastion for this very reason. If the whole team does this then they still leave the other 5 players on the pharahs team to just destroy, thats not a counter.