Matchmaker changes

Yesterday I realized that my QM queue times have decreased dramatically. At the same time, match quality became absolutely horrible. Not that it was very good previously, but still. I'm getting 2 supports vs 1 support matches, matches where one team's avg MMR is like 100-150 lower than the other team's and so on.

Do you guys know if this is something that Blizzard did intentionally or it's some bug? Was there any announcement?

100-150 mmr can be just 4-5 wins, so im not sure what you're crying about.

10+ Year Old Account
    More than likely to current "For Azeroth!" event going on right now. Big influx of wow players doing the quest for the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Panquake View Post
    More than likely to current "For Azeroth!" event going on right now. Big influx of wow players doing the quest for the mount.
    I suspect this is the main reason for the faster queues and amount of absolutely terrible players at the moment aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    100-150 mmr can be just 4-5 wins, so im not sure what you're crying about.
    Since when expressing a concern is considered crying?

150 average team MMR usually means that one of the teams has either 1 absolutely terrible player or 2 mildly terrible ones. In both cases, games are pretty much uncarriable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Panquake View Post
    Good point, didn't think about that.

Those WoW players are farming AI games, so probably not the reason behind this. In general, after I came back to HotS after a year, I found wait time horrendous, even for a quickmatch it can be up to 4 minutes.

I would have put it on the event as well, but my queues have been close to instant even with Murky and Lucio. I have no idea what they did, but they definitely did something.