Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Flying removes you from the game. There is no Warcraft in the air. The only thing that is really gone without it are screen shots. Also, flight paths are gold sinks, and gold sinks in general have almost entirely been removed from the game. (Which in my opinion has also negatively affected the game)
    Don't even bother with SirCowdog, he thinks he is the authority on flying just because he has been extremely loud about no-flying, and all he does is continue the same narrative over and over even though there have been countless arguments as to why its a negative thing for the game.

Also, he thinks the game is dying because he thinks that half the playerbase quit because of no-flying, which is lol laughable.
    @SirCowdog

Can I ask you directly just one question? Can you just accept the fact that pathfinder is the new norm for the game going forward? Whats the point in bickering about flying / no-flying at this point? Can we all just accept pathfinder and move on?
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2017-02-16 at 06:01 AM.

Flying removes you from the game. There is no Warcraft in the air. The only thing that is really gone without it are screen shots. Also, flight paths are gold sinks, and gold sinks in general have almost entirely been removed from the game. (Which in my opinion has also negatively affected the game)
    What you're describing is aerial combat, which no one is seriously asking for. However, that doesn't mean flying can't still be made into something interesting, or that flying players can't be challenged in various ways.

Also consider that everything you said about flight paths can also apply to flying, and vice versa. There is no wow on flight paths. Flight paths take you out of the game. Flying is a gold sink(thousands of gold just for training, not to mention purchasing new mounts).

Are you also advocating the removal or restriction of flight paths?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    ?Also, he thinks the game is dying because he thinks that half the playerbase quit because of no-flying, which is lol laughable
    At no point have I ever said or even suggested that wow is dying, for any reason, much less because of no-flying. What I HAVE said is that the way Blizzard is handling flying is harmful to the game, and that many people have quit over it(or have unsubbed until it's available again).

I don't even begin to think that I could persuade pro-flyers here to not want flying, nor do I have the time to lay out every single point and counter point I have. Sorry if I'm not going to respond to every question, it's neither me ignoring you or avoiding the question. I've played since Vanilla, and I always thought how cool it could be to fly, and I loved it in TBC. However, people change and I've come to believe that the game was better on the ground.
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2017-02-16 at 07:05 AM.

Flight has never removed anyone from the game. It gets someone from point A to B. People still have to land to actually interact with the world.

I miss getting my epic flying for free. Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    What you're describing is aerial combat, which no one is seriously asking for. However, that doesn't mean flying can't still be made into something interesting, or that flying players can't be challenged in various ways.

Also consider that everything you said about flight paths can also apply to flying, and vice versa. There is no wow on flight paths. Flight paths take you out of the game. Flying is a gold sink(thousands of gold just for training, not to mention purchasing new mounts).

Are you also advocating the removal or restriction of flight paths?

- - - Updated - - -

At no point have I ever said or even suggested that wow is dying, for any reason, much less because of no-flying. What I HAVE said is that the way Blizzard is handling flying is harmful to the game, and that many people have quit over it(or have unsubbed until it's available again).
    Are you being dense on purpose?

There's like ~6 flight paths per zone. You can't really fly outside of those. You still have to walk around and stuff and cant just land on the objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

There's like ~6 flight paths per zone. You can't really fly outside of those. You still have to walk around and stuff and cant just land on the objective.
    Yes, yes he is.

If we could use the hang glider toy at will (instead of 15-minute intervals), I wouldn't miss flying at all. As it is, I spend most of my time using the whistle to get back to flight paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

No, I'm drawing a comparison between the arguments that people use against flying as it relates to flight paths. Why is one ok, but the other is not? The arguments seem to be saying that it's ok to take yourself out of the world when you're on a flight path, but not when using a flying mount. It's ok for flight paths to be a gold sink, but ignores the fact that flying training costs thousands of gold also.

And, to be completely blunt, if flying allows players to "Just land on the objective", then that is shitty, halfassed, weak content design. That is NOT the fault of flying.

Besides which, I can currently, without flight, "Just run to the objective" and ignore everything else anyway. How is that actually, practically, different from what could be done with flying? Dazing and dismount can be ignored with a simple item buff. Available equipment allows me to virtually ignore any number of trash mobs that might not leash when I reach the objective. Gliding and/or emerald winds allows me to bypass terrain 99 times out of 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    If we could use the hang glider toy at will (instead of 15-minute intervals), I wouldn't miss flying at all. As it is, I spend most of my time using the whistle to get back to flight paths.
    Roll a demon hunter? And while you're at it, ask yourself why it's ok for one class to have that ability, but it's so broken in others that it needs a cooldown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    Yes, yes he is.
    Actually, all I'm doing is repeatedly showing why all the reasons given for removing or restricting flying don't follow good logic, or don't make practical sense in light of what else is currently possible in the game. Just because you disagree or dislike what I'm saying doesn't make me "dense". It just means you lack arguments to make, and so resort to insulting me personally instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    As you probably know people have different humor. The pleasure of hundred thousands players depend upon flying and you are making fun of it. So excuse me if I return the favor.
    Holy hell, this is either an extreme case of delusion or you need to reevaluate why you play the game. Probably both.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    No, I'm drawing a comparison between the arguments that people use against flying as it relates to flight paths. Why is one ok, but the other is not? The arguments seem to be saying that it's ok to take yourself out of the world when you're on a flight path, but not when using a flying mount. It's ok for flight paths to be a gold sink, but ignores the fact that flying training costs thousands of gold also.

And, to be completely blunt, if flying allows players to "Just land on the objective", then that is shitty, halfassed, weak content design. That is NOT the fault of flying.

Besides which, I can currently, without flight, "Just run to the objective" and ignore everything else anyway. How is that actually, practically, different from what could be done with flying? Dazing and dismount can be ignored with a simple item buff. Available equipment allows me to virtually ignore any number of trash mobs that might not leash when I reach the objective. Gliding and/or emerald winds allows me to bypass terrain 99 times out of 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Roll a demon hunter? And while you're at it, ask yourself why it's ok for one class to have that ability, but it's so broken in others that it needs a cooldown.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, all I'm doing is repeatedly showing why all the reasons given for removing or restricting flying don't follow good logic, or don't make practical sense in light of what else is currently possible in the game. Just because you disagree or dislike what I'm saying doesn't make me "dense". It just means you lack arguments to make, and so resort to insulting me personally instead.
    Every argument has been made and it boils down to you saying "NO DESPITE EVERYTHING I WANT FLYING BECAUSE I REALLY REALLY WANT IT LALALALA UR RONG"
    And it follows great logic, you just dismiss it because you want what you want. Which is why you're dense. Calling you dense after how many pages in so many threads isn't a personal attack.

Every argument has been made and it boils down to you saying "NO DESPITE EVERYTHING I WANT FLYING BECAUSE I REALLY REALLY WANT IT LALALALA UR RONG"
    And it follows great logic, you just dismiss it because you want what you want. Which is why you're dense. Calling you dense after how many pages in so many threads isn't a personal attack.
    It's pretty much the opposite.

Trying to explain to all people who keep belling "flying is bad" feels as hopeless as arguing with stupid rasists who insist in believing in the simple answer, it's all immigrants fault!
    But flying is awesome and is one of the main reasons I play WoW(or played), it's freedom, I can feel that it's actually me playing the game and I can choose where to go. I know that concept is hard for the was majority of linear thinking players who all just wants the game to play them instead so they don't have to decide for them selves where to go or what to do.

I hope they don't bring it at all next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Menz View Post
    I hope they don't bring it at all next expansion.
    Yeah they hopefully won't bring pathfinder in the next expansion. We will finally be able to fly right away at max level as its supposed to be, since WoW has just been like a huge disaster since pathfinder was introduced and they tried to remove flying completely in WoD.

Just remember, flying wasn't available to player characters in Lord of the Rings until the end of the third patch.

Imagine how interesting that story would have been if flying was around in patch 1.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    Yeah they hopefully won't bring pathfinder in the next expansion. We will finally be able to fly right away at max level as its supposed to be, since WoW has just been like a huge disaster since pathfinder was introduced and they tried to remove flying completely in WoD.
    yeah remember how vanilla was so good and you got flying right away... oh wait
    remember how wrath was so good and you got flying right away! oh..... wait.....
    remember how in cata it was so shitty and you dident get flying till max level that was fuc..... wait...

your logic is bad...

It's pretty much the opposite.

Trying to explain to all people who keep belling "flying is bad" feels as hopeless as arguing with stupid rasists who insist in believing in the simple answer, it's all immigrants fault!
    But flying is awesome and is one of the main reasons I play WoW(or played), it's freedom, I can feel that it's actually me playing the game and I can choose where to go. I know that concept is hard for the was majority of linear thinking players who all just wants the game to play them instead so they don't have to decide for them selves where to go or what to do.
    Lmao

"rasists"

Anyway thanks for proving my point where you and people like sircowdog say "LALALALALA I WANNA DO WHAT I WANT AND ONLY WHAT I WANT AND THATS TO TOTALLY IGNORE EVERYTHING RIGHT MEOW"
    You can still choose where you want to go. If you had a sliver, just a sliver of common sense you'd see that.
    You can still see all the huge vistas if you want to, as well, you just have to abandon the "linear thinking" that flying is the only way to accomplish that. There aren't any areas of the broken isles that you *need* flying to get to, either.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah remember how vanilla was so good and you got flying right away... oh wait
    remember how wrath was so good and you got flying right away! oh..... wait.....
    remember how in cata it was so shitty and you dident get flying till max level that was fuc..... wait...

your logic is bad...
    Right away "at max level" read what I type but anyways.

Remember how WoD was good because it didn't have flying... oh snap.
    Wrath had flying even before max level, what are you talking about and it was awesome.
    Cataclysm had flying right from the start and was even more awesome :O

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao

"rasists"

Anyway thanks for proving my point where you and people like sircowdog say "LALALALALA I WANNA DO WHAT I WANT AND ONLY WHAT I WANT AND THATS TO TOTALLY IGNORE EVERYTHING RIGHT MEOW"
    You can still choose where you want to go. If you had a sliver, just a sliver of common sense you'd see that.
    You can still see all the huge vistas if you want to, as well, you just have to abandon the "linear thinking" that flying is the only way to accomplish that. There aren't any areas of the broken isles that you *need* flying to get to, either.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Ok, its more like this.
    All of a sudden some people rather want to swim over the lake instead of using boats and there arguments grasp for all kind of excuses to why no one else should be allowed to use the boats either like, they need the exercise... or they don't see enough water...

the funny thing is blizzard only regrets putting flying into the game because it puts a bigger workload on them. not because of any retarded reason like "immersion". if your immersion is so fragile that its broken by being in the air instead of on the ground, you were never immersed to begin with. such a stupid argument. last time i checked mobs and bosses fly all the time. northrend was designed with flying in mind and its best zone in the game by far.
    P.S flying has always been part of the game. last time i checked flight paths ya know...fly, its kinda in there name. we just weren't able to control it until TBC.
    Last edited by globenstine; 2017-02-17 at 09:11 AM.

Right away "at max level" read what I type but anyways.

Remember how WoD was good because it didn't have flying... oh snap.
    Wrath had flying even before max level, what are you talking about and it was awesome.
    Cataclysm had flying right from the start and was even more awesome :O

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, its more like this.
    All of a sudden some people rather want to swim over the lake instead of using boats and there arguments grasp for all kind of excuses to why no one else should be allowed to use the boats either like, they need the exercise... or they don't see enough water...
    "all of a sudden"
    Lmao
    They have been gradually removing flying since cata. Tol'barad, Firelands(molten front), Isle of thunder, Timeless isle.
    The fact that you can say "all of a sudden" shows you how much attention you've been paying.

Plus, who wants to waste another zone like dread wastes (ironically named) that people flew over and didn't experience any of it the way it was designed?
    bet you do cus whines and entitlements etc etc

Blizzard has pretty much become an autocracy incapable of adapting its train of thought to the needs of the populace. Spare us your sermons about "emotional engagement" when it is your ability to infer the intent of a message that is completely fried.