Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Why? It wasn't remotely hard to begin with...if you actually knew how to hold back and heal smartly i.e. TBC days. Only people that failed at overflowing are people who just mindlessly heal, which I wish the game still punished you for in other aspects of the game, like raiding. Isn't really a factor until later Mythic encounters.
    How those +2's treatin ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am surprised you guys are not discussing these as well:

The Bolstering affix range has been reduced to 30 yards (was 45 yards).
    Developers’ notes: The intent of this change is to allow players more opportunities for crowd control.

Necrotic Rot will now expire after leaving combat. Duration reduced to 8 seconds (was 10 seconds).
    Developers’ notes: This should eliminate the situation where players were waiting for Necrotic to fall off after killing enemies, and it should give tanks more opportunities for resets while in combat.
    Skittish threat reduction has been lowered to 75% (was 80%).
    Fortified damage bonus lowered to 30% (was 40%).
    Tyrannical damage bonus lowered to 15% (was 20%).
    Sanguine radius increased to 8 yards.
    1st thing I thought when I saw this was, will shadowmeld be really op on necrotic weeks?

Did anyone try bursting yet?
    Can you just block in with fighter chow on speed runs?

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    No, melees weren't, unless your Ranged specifically standed where melees were. (which is absolutely not a bad way to have some fun while playing world of meleecraft)
    Actually, Volcanic has an 8 yard dead zone around every mob. If you're within that 8 yards, Volcanic will always choose another target unless everyone is within 8 yards.

The problem, is that virtually fucking everything in dungeons counts as a mob. Tornadoes on Lady Hatecoil, images on Melandrus, force orbs on Vandros, every single goddamn bubble on King Deepbeard, every totem on Cragshaper, etc.

Volcanic is more annoying for ranged, but as someone that has cleared 15+ as every single role in the game, I think it's more lethal to melee. Volcanic doesn't target you most of the time as melee, so it's really easy to get caught off guard when it does target you, especially if there's a lot of shit on the ground.

Also, just a general fyi to the thread, Bursting and Teeming can't happen since they're both 4s. Affixes occupy either a 4, 7 or 10 slot. 4s And 7s also follow pretty strict logic. 4s Only affect trash, 7s affect bosses and trash. Not really a big enough sample size to say how 10s work, but I'd argue they're designed to be gear checks so any future 10s will more or less deal with numbers instead of mechanic changes, except in cases where mechanical changes would require you to brute force encounters with gear. Relentless is probably a 10 since there's very little counter-play for it.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2017-02-17 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Holy pallies, rejoice!
    Haha so true!

"it was so easy as a resto druid, holy priest ho ho ho" but no one thinks about holydins could be so screwed at high ilvl. Getting that 6-8mill holy shock crit and then have to heal that up again. Its not like thats so "hard" but it was annoying as hell. It had to go.

Better with the new ones wich pressures the healers to do some quick healing like bursting and the one with grievous wounds. So yeah, holy pallies, rejoice!

Deleted
    New Affix: Bursting (level 4)
    When slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 10% of their maximum health in damage over 4 seconds. This effect stacks.
    New Affix: Fel Explosives (level 7)
    Creatures have a chance to summon an Explosive Orb at a nearby location that will explode, inflicting damage of 50% of the player’s maximum health.
    New Affix: Quaking (level 7)
    Periodically, players will Quake, inflicting damage of 20% of the player’s maximum health and interrupting spell casts of themselves and nearby allies.

The trend of dealing % of player's maximum health as damage is unsettling. I sincerely hope they will rethink this horrible idea.

yeah, if they are going with mechanics by % of HP, they might aswell scrap m+ levels completely, make mobs deal % of HP to tank and to dps, adjust their HP to predetermined value based on group ilevel and have the chest give loot based on their ilevel and be done with it. this will just make low level keys way too hard for the shitty reward they give on certain weeks, bursting especially, the joy...

and is it just me or does quaking sound like the player will eat its own explosion, too? because that sounds retarded, random deaths on tyrannical bosses, when they decide to target you with their abilites? sounds fun.

Creatures have a chance to summon an Explosive Orb at a nearby location that will explode, inflicting damage of 50% of the player’s maximum health.
    Periodically, players will Quake, inflicting damage of 20% of the player’s maximum health and interrupting spell casts of themselves and nearby allies.

The trend of dealing % of player's maximum health as damage is unsettling. I sincerely hope they will rethink this horrible idea.
    Quake seems incredible random and punishing and would probably require spreading much, good luck doing high-end Maw with that.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    if you have just killed 4 mobs in a high level mythic that usually means almost all the damage is over..... I mean outside maybe Teeming how many pulls are there in 12+'s that you pull more than 6 mobs?? We have been grinding 13-16's all day and I can't remember more than 2 pulls that had more than 7 mobs... and Both of them were in DHT....
    So? I am doing one m+15 per week and the rest I spend farming low level mythics. I also don't see how the announced changes to AP deal with that, it seems to be still the best way to do one high level and in the spare time you push low level mythics.
    And the real problem is that you cannot overgear that. Mobs die so fast in farming mythics that their affixes now don't really matter. But bursting will be the first affix to change that. Basing a spell on a percentage damage completely negates gear, and that's whats making the affix feel bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    Quake seems incredible random and punishing and would probably require spreading much, good luck doing high-end Maw with that.
    I agree, quake seems to be overpunishing casters and in high level mythics you won't see many healers that are not druid anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angelblack View Post
    New Affix: Bursting (level 4)
    When slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 10% of their maximum health in damage over 4 seconds. This effect stacks.

Volcanic, Sanguine and Necrotic are also % based. I think their line of thinking is that these are meant to punish poor play, and as such should always be a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    THey are going overboard with these affixes. We dont need them in 20 man content to make it challenging. Just make the mobs harder. Having to guess if this Volcanic is going to hit me 1 time or 3 is a pretty fucking stupid "challenge", as is massively ruining cast times. if slowing dungeons down is the intent, then we just need more bolstering/raging, or an affix where mobs get stronger the fewer of them there are in the original pack, i.e., 5 pack with 3 cc'd, the 2 you are fighting get a bolster mechanic. Swapping this stuff weekly is pretty silly though and puts off way too many people from playing consistently.
    Damn dude. You're idea is so boring I'm actually very happy you aren't on the team that focuses on mythic+. Make mobs harder? Really? How boring is that?

The affixes are good. It's new, refreshing and certain combinations can be challenging. It's 200x better than "just make the mobs harder!"

Some of the new affixes are a bit crazy though (bursting in particular).
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-02-17 at 10:18 AM.

did people miss the part where it says affix change ever 4hrs? people will just wait for the best time to run the easiest for their comps.
    and if one of the new ones is aids.. looking at you bursting, people will just skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Haha so true!

"it was so easy as a resto druid, holy priest ho ho ho" but no one thinks about holydins could be so screwed at high ilvl. Getting that 6-8mill holy shock crit and then have to heal that up again. Its not like thats so "hard" but it was annoying as hell. It had to go.

Better with the new ones wich pressures the healers to do some quick healing like bursting and the one with grievous wounds. So yeah, holy pallies, rejoice!
    Overflowing wasn't bad at all once I took off major crit pieces in exchange for a lot of haste.

During overflowing my stats: 23% crit, 21% haste, 36% mastery. Made overflowing as easy as sanguine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    did people miss the part where it says affix change ever 4hrs? people will just wait for the best time to run the easiest for their comps.
    and if one of the new ones is aids.. looking at you bursting, people will just skip it.
    That is on PTR only, to test combinations.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Overflowing wasn't bad at all once I took off major crit pieces in exchange for a lot of haste.

During overflowing my stats: 23% crit, 21% haste, 36% mastery. Made overflowing as easy as sanguine.
    Yeah its not hard, but annoying when you suddenly do those big crits. As a holydin I love that big burst healing wich also result in lots of overhealing, with overflowing gone I can enjoy that in every week in mythic+ as well

Clever way you went tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    1st thing I thought when I saw this was, will shadowmeld be really op on necrotic weeks?
    Nah. Shadowmeld only drops combat if you're the last person engaged with the mobs. If the mobs don't reset upon shadowmelding, then you remain in combat and all threat is restored once meld ends.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Seems like Volcanic for melees (and fuck off, Volcanic is basicly non existant for melees, and even if you get it rarely, you dont dogde half of the time anyway).

In what way is this like volcanic for melee? It seems completely unavoidable and affects ranged as much as it does melee. It's an anti-stack affix.

Skittish is the equivalent for volcanic for melee as they over-aggro a lot more easily and are punished much more quickly for it.

Deleted
    I don't get the max hp % scaling. Why have different levels then? Only for mob health and non-affix damage? It's the affixes that fuck you over the most.

For me the point of M+ levels is that literally everything gets tougher as you go higher and low levels are "easy" to ease into.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxut View Post

That's 160% of your max HP over 4 seconds, which means 40% every second. This means, over the course of 3 seconds, you have to heal 60% of each players max HP. IMO, it's perfectly doable
    You say its doable but with another affix that can potentially do damage + trash aoe/cleave damage that sounds pretty insane. What type of damage it does and how it will be mitigated is what Im wondering? If its physical, then high armor/plate classes will have a big advantage while classes like lock which are clothy with high stamina will be screwed. If its magical then mitigation wise most people will be on equal grounds but frost DK AMS and some other immunities/defensives will have a huge value in those weeks. Either case immunity based grouping is gonna be the key it seems so Im wondering how they are going to make that debuff act on immunities. Turtle, dispersion, ams, bubble, ice block.. etc..

frost d/ret/hunter/mage/spriest (and possibly a few more defensives I'm forgetting) + H pally & high self heal tank = win that week then?

i doubt the spellcast interrupt will make it to live, if Quaking has the same frequency like volcanic it should be at least 35% of hp, picking melee first, then ranged. Would be interesting to have a bursting quaking fortified week.