Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    I think it's more like, "You don't have the right to punch or silence him for the same reason he doesn't have the right to punch or silence YOU." It seems so simple...
    It does seem so simple, yet the crowd that needs to understand it seems to think fascism is only bad when they're on the receiving end.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Save yourself a few IQ points and stay far away from Twitter. Never seen so many idiots on a single site except maybe the official WoW forums.
    I dunno the people here advocating attacking people with differing opinions are pretty close.

I also wanna point out that all you people advocating beating the shit out of someone due to them having nazi opinions or views and soley that dont remember history do you. Christians attacked anyone of a different religion, burned people at the stake due to thinking they were witchs. Killed scientists becuase it went against the church. Can i go up to priests and punch them in the face? Go into a church and punch all the people following that in the face? If no then why not? its the same fucking thing you want to do to the nazis.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2017-02-17 at 10:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    I am not concerned with the opinions of people who sympathize with Nazis.
    Most people aren't. The problem starts to be seen when you start spreading the nazi label to anyone who disagrees with you. There's a video of a danish reporter of jewish decent being chased by antifa people yelling "nazi pig" at him.

I'm also pretty sure neither Milo or Gavin Mcinnes are nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    Most people aren't. The problem starts to be seen when you start spreading the nazi label to anyone who disagrees with you. There's a video of a danish reporter of jewish decent being chased by antifa people yelling "nazi pig" at him.

I'm also pretty sure neither Milo or Gavin Mcinnes are nazis.
    The thing is you people dont get attack people just because of thier views. And you people who think its ok just because they sympathize or identify with nazis are off your fucking rocker. The same people yelled at trump for targeting muslims, is that not what your doing in attacking people that are nazis?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Nazis loved free speech, it allowed them to get into power after all. After that they removed it though.
    What's your point? The Nazis also probably loved a good glass of wine and having a break to play sports.

Nazis loved free speech, it allowed them to get into power after all. After that they removed it though.

Also the definition of free speech is very subjective. In the majority of modern western countries the guy that got punched in the face would've been arrested and sentenced for hate speech a long time ago already. The USA doesn't have proper laws in place to deal with hate speech and misinformation, so it's left to vigilantes to deal with them instead of being able to depend on the justice system.

Lack of laws against misinformation etc (just like in the UK), is what is tearing the USA apart from the inside, with fake news sites such as Breitbart and Infowars brainwashing people into becoming right-wing radicals.
    what about the hate speech the churchs are spewing? I dont see you advocating for thier attacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    This mounting evidence that liberals don't want free speech is very concerning.
    The far right doesn't want free speech either. A group of far right extremists in Sweden has started a "people's journalism" initiative to report the truth that the old media doesn't. When a "regular" newspaper called out this group for not conducting proper journalism (lying about their identities, not telling people they are being interviewed etc) the people in this newspaper have received massive amounts of death threats, death threats sent to their children etc.

I'm guessing this is the new wave of conservative victimhood.

Now they're whining about people saying stupid shit on Twitter whereas actual real life events are so insignificant that they can be ignored...except for the fact that they take the one or two and blow them WAY out of proportion to be a victim?

Hmmm...I recall a time, not even 2 years ago, where these same people were screaming about how SJWs were doing the same thing on Twitter, exaggerating dumb shit people said and taking the 1-2 actual real life events and blowing them way out of proportion. I think it was...Gamer...Gamer something? GamerGarden? GamerGreat? GamerMate? Something like that.

Score another one for the Horseshoe Theory.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-02-17 at 10:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'm weak, feeble, and sickly, I won't be punching anyone any time soon; I'd lose, and lose badly. While I wouldn't begrudge someone giving them a good punch in the face though; I wouldn't suggest taking up arms and killing them; nor call for the extermination of their kin. I keep my hatreds personal. Nazism is a choice.
    Religion is a choice as well. That's how people convert or become atheists/agnostics.

A glass of wine and playing sports didn't get them into power.
    Obviously. So I'll ask again. What's your point?

No clue what churches you're talking about.
    the ones that preach hatred against gays, same sex marriage, people of other religions. Holy fuck half of what churchs say is telling thier members to hate people that do somthing that the church doesnt like.

Uncontrolled Free Speech is what allowed the Nazis to get into power.
    How does that relate even remotely to current events?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's never okay to punch somebody unless it's self defense. Doesn't matter what the beliefs or race is, you don't punch somebody over words.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Now It’s Okay to Punch Nazis
    It's always been okay to punch Nazi's.

Hell, in Germany I think you can be fined if you walk past one without punching them?

Why would I not be against that?

USA is the only place that allows such groups to attend funerals and spout their hate speech. I forgot the name already of those idiots who attend gay funerals or weddings and shout "God will punish you!" from across the street. The USA is the only western country that allows such shit to happen.
    they also give them tax exempt status. But my point is why are you just vocal against nazis and not the rest of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It's always been okay to punch Nazi's.

Hell, in Germany I think you can be fined if you walk past one without punching them?
    so its ok to punch anyone from a group thats done anything hatefull of harmfull in the past?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Who is Mike Monteiro and why do you consider him an authority on who it's okay to punch?

Here's an alternate take for you - it's not okay to punch anyone unless necessary to prevent them causing harm to others. With some people (Nazis, Piers Morgan, many politicians and reality TV stars...) there's an incredible sense of satisfaction in seeing them punched but that doesn't mean it is okay to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to refine it down to Stalinists really, unless you want to expand your punching nazis to include all form of nationalists. Probably better to adopt a "it's okay to punch totalitarianists" or "it's okay to punch racists" policy if you want some sort of moral superiority over the ideologies you attack.
    Why should it be refined to Stalinists? Mao and Pol Pot weren't stalinist.

Nobody says it's ok, more like a guilty pleasure.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    No clue what churches you're talking about.
    I guess westboro baptist would come to mind. I have a hard time following Zeta's posts though, they're a bit all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncontrolled Free Speech is what allowed the Nazis to get into power.
    So you are basically advocating for Nazism by forcing your opinions over those who disagree with you.
    The only Nazi thing is the "new left" aka petulant children crying for censorship everywhere because they get called out on their retarded bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    So you are basically advocating for Nazism by forcing your opinions over those who disagree with you.
    The only Nazi thing is the "new left" aka petulant children crying for censorship everywhere because they get called out on their retarded bullshit.
    This is pretty accurate, albeit with some flowery language. Trying to remove free speech is a very Nazi-like thing to do.