Thread: MM FOTM build

MM FOTM build

OK, I have the boots and belt and have been running with a standard Patient Sniper/ Trick Shot build. However, it seems that the meme build is the FOTM, and I've read differing opinions of whether it's more or less effective than the Trick Shot build while using the belt. I've tried it both ways and they seem very close to me, but I don't keep logs so it's tough to do an objective comparison. Any opinions based on in game testing or logs?

If you've been in nighthold you know the answer. Meme build > standard build for most of the fights. There are ~3-4 fights where standard could be arguably better and ~6-7 where meme easily beats standard.

I've been using the Explo/Piercing build for all of NH and I've felt very comfortable with it. I do not have the boots or belt yet, but I do have Zevrim's ring, which accentuates the FotM build. I raid with a group of friends ranging from lazy-tryhards to "Where can I see debuffs?"ers.

I can't post links, but check out this suffix on warcraft logs: reports/46qhtkCxKdzyZjB8

I've spent an hour or two hitting ST / AoE dummies at the class hall, every week and Explo / Piercing always works best for me. Add in its incredible mobility and that many fights in NH have adds of some kind and I for one hope Memebuild is here to stay for a long time.

It's definitely lacking in single-target, but with Zevrim's procs and the 2 piece T19 set bonus you can actually keep up pretty well with needed damage.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    If you've been in nighthold you know the answer. Meme build > standard build for most of the fights. There are ~3-4 fights where standard could be arguably better and ~6-7 where meme easily beats standard.
    That's not really correct is it though. On the mythic rankings there's only 4 fights with meme build in the top 10, one of which is a pure aoe pad fight that even the worst guilds can kill for free. The only fight where it "shines" is Spellblade but even then you couldn't use the phrase "easily beating" when comparing it to the trick shot build.

From a purely progress perspective, if you're a bad player and dont have the belt and can't handle mechanics, meme build can be alright since it frees your movement and globals a bit. But even then im yet to be convinced by the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

aotc here. Any fights with adds I have been running the meme build, even for chrono and Elis where there are a minimal number of adds. Apart from the superior mobility, the burst is so good and I find it very fun and it allows you to maintain dps while running around doing mechanics so if you are one of those guys doing all the mechs in the raid, you will enjoy this build too.
    For leggos, I'll wear boots + blasting or boots + zevrims.

For pure ST, I'll switch over to trickshot/patient sniper/true aim and it will perform better than meme on these fights.
    Leggos will be boots + whatever. (The best ST leggo after boots is probably the hands which I dont own)

I am experimenting with a hybrid build that uses the meme build but trick instead of piercing with boots + warbelt equipped. Havent quite sussed it out yet but I think it has potential to do better than meme purely because of warbelt buff and you can wear 4p without getting penalised.

Imagine your trueshot rotation for spell blade add phase:
    1. explosive
    2. trueshot
    3. multi-shot/marked shot x3 to get warbelt stacks up
    4. then let an aimed shot fly (pray for LnL proc)
    5. repeat 3&4 for the remaining duration

Quote Originally Posted by Absoul View Post
    aotc here. Any fights with adds I have been running the meme build, even for chrono and Elis where there are a minimal number of adds. Apart from the superior mobility, the burst is so good and I find it very fun and it allows you to maintain dps while running around doing mechanics so if you are one of those guys doing all the mechs in the raid, you will enjoy this build too.
    For leggos, I'll wear boots + blasting or boots + zevrims.

For pure ST, I'll switch over to trickshot/patient sniper/true aim and it will perform better than meme on these fights.
    Leggos will be boots + whatever. (The best ST leggo after boots is probably the hands which I dont own)

I am experimenting with a hybrid build that uses the meme build but trick instead of piercing with boots + warbelt equipped. Havent quite sussed it out yet but I think it has potential to do better than meme purely because of warbelt buff and you can wear 4p without getting penalised.

Imagine your trueshot rotation for spell blade add phase:
    1. explosive
    2. trueshot
    3. multi-shot/marked shot x3 to get warbelt stacks up
    4. then let an aimed shot fly (pray for LnL proc)
    5. repeat 3&4 for the remaining duration
    If you have the belt (equipped obviously) trick shot pulls ahead of piercing shot on aoe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    "If you've been in nighthold you know the answer." Meme build without belt, Trickshot with belt without hesitation.

As an owner of belt and boots myself I tired Meme on some fights on heroic farm for the first time this week with zevrim's in place of belt, and overall I feel trickshot with belt is the superior build. The two fights I would consider using meme for again personally are Chromatic Anomaly and Elisande, both of which are relatively high movement encounters with adds that don't quite live long enough (on heroic at least) to take much advantage of trickshot and belt as you can on a fight like Spellblade. But even on Spellblade while there may be more potential add damage, ST takes quite a hit. The main advantage with meme is it is easier to play.

Deleted
    from a pure padding perspective on scorp in hc / norm i would go meme even with the belt , the adds simply die to fast and if you time ure shots properly i think its better. every other boss trick is better ( close on spellblade depending how fast the adds die ) if you have the belt you just have to get used to the playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    That's not really correct is it though. On the mythic rankings there's only 4 fights with meme build in the top 10, one of which is a pure aoe pad fight that even the worst guilds can kill for free. The only fight where it "shines" is Spellblade but even then you couldn't use the phrase "easily beating" when comparing it to the trick shot build.

From a purely progress perspective, if you're a bad player and dont have the belt and can't handle mechanics, meme build can be alright since it frees your movement and globals a bit. But even then im yet to be convinced by the build.
    Wait! let me get this right, so less high-ranking logs with meme-spec means it's an easier spec to play? and more high-ranking logs with trickshot build means it's alot harder

Quote Originally Posted by Idge View Post
    Wait! let me get this right, so less high-ranking logs with meme-spec means it's an easier spec to play? and more high-ranking logs with trickshot build means it's alot harder
    What? How did you get that from what I was saying? Meme build is easier to play, straight up. People ask on discord all the time for help because they struggle to play with the new Patient Sniper and the response is: play memebuild. When juggling movement and mechanics, Patient Sniper IS harder. Maybe YOU don't find it harder but this is where the average player is at.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Can someone enlighten me what build is referred to as meme and why that is? Thanks!

"Memebuild" is for padding and plebs who can't play Trick shot.

It has significantly lower boss damage, and that is what matters on Mythic where the enrages are pretty tight. You are better off doing slightly less AoE and much higher ST than the other way around.

Deleted
    It's basically the build for anyone playing in guilds where damage meters are the sole source of performance evaluation.

It's worth mentioning that memebuild becomes less effective when you get 4pc since the bonus reduces focus cost of abilities under TS, and a big source of dmg is piercing shot during TS. In case you weren't aware, piercing shot's dmg is based on the focus used to cast it up to a maximum of 100. If you reduce that focus cost you also reduce the dmg of the shot. A big source of dmg of the memebuild is large piercing shot crits during TS.