Weapon Skills were fucking shit. No depth to them whatsoever other than smack mob a few times and maxxed in like 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, the two were compared compared in the sense of "your weapon skills become stronger as your character becomes more accustomed to it."

*FWOOSH*

That's the sound of the point going right over your head. I purposely misspelled "you're" and did not add a coma (since the correct spelling is "no, you're wrong") to illustrate the type of thoughtless response yours was, since it boils down to just you calling him wrong without offering nothing to counter his comparison.
    I should have known. I remembered your name so my only response should have been (as it will be now):

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I'm doing some research and I'd like to hear your opinions guys and gals
    Rose tinted glasses.

As someone who played wow since beta, vanilla was a coding train wreck. Most of the players that talk about how good vanilla weren't even there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I should have known. I remembered your name so my only response should have been (as it will be now):
    So, in other words, shitposting to get higher post count? Again, you're just proving my point about your responses being thoughtless.

But more on-topic: Weapon Skills were a detriment to the game. Few things curb the excitement of getting a weapon upgrade more than noticing your skill with your new weapon is 1. Which meant wasting time doing nothing but auto-attacking (and missing) low level mobs to rise your weapon skill on that weapon. It was the most mindless grinding of all, where you'd just find a low-level mob, start auto-attacking, then just ALT+TAB to go check e-mails, read forum posts, watch a video or two on YouTube, or go get something to eat, etc, returning to the game only every now and then to check the progress
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Deleted
    There was a immortal mob in Blasted Lands where you could level your weapon skill while AFK/Alt tabed.
    I remember going to that mob to level up my weapon skill only to find there other people doing the same thing xD

This was in Burning Crusade btw
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-02-17 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So, in other words, shitposting to get higher post count? Again, you're just proving my point about your responses being thoughtless.

But more on-topic: Weapon Skills were a detriment to the game. Few things curb the excitement of getting a weapon upgrade more than noticing your skill with your new weapon is 1. Which meant wasting time doing nothing but auto-attacking (and missing) low level mobs to rise your weapon skill on that weapon. It was the most mindless grinding of all, where you'd just find a low-level mob, start auto-attacking, then just ALT+TAB to go check e-mails, read forum posts, watch a video or two on YouTube, or go get something to eat, etc, returning to the game only every now and then to check the progress
    Nostalgiababbies don't want to admit that their beloved vanilla had stupid af aspects that are gone for a reason. It's hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    It's better now.
    Of course it is. I hop in every few months and quite frankly WoW has never been this good.

It just is that the MMORPG genre has gone dysfunctional these days and squeezed between 10 minute sessions of other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    its a bit of a stretch to compare the removal of poison making to playing the game like a ascii mud. i don't feel as immersed as i once did but i'm going to put that down to the fact that i've played the game to death at this point, the whole uncertainty aspect of the game is just gone for me these days, in the beginning when you were all wide eyed and didn't know what to expect, that is when immersion was at its greatest. but not due to specific game play elements, as others have said its just because it was new. hell i was playing diablo 2 before wow so i went from sprites to full 3d open world, it was magical.
    Obviously it's a stretch to compare fluff mechanisms to graphics, as graphics are central to the perception of the game, but I think it's a good illustration of the principle : it's something that does little to gameplay, but helps immersion by providing a way to relate to the game world. Requiring reagents which makes sense (like tinder and wood for cooking fire or a pole to fish) doesn't change in any way how you actually fish or cook, but it helps verisimilitude and the suspension of disbelief.
    Conversely, having layers upon layer of obvious metagame elements just yank you from the in-game world to loudly remind you "it's a game" and prevents immersion.

And it really has nothing to do with the "I've played for too long". I've discovered Pandaria and WoD at the same time, and despite that I had completely opposed feeling about each one. For all the talk of "nostalgia" used in these thread, I have a feeling that an even more prevalent illusion is the tendency to dismiss everything that is boring or badly designed in today's WoW under the "I just have played too long" excuse.
    i still get immersed in raids and dungeon runs, i still try to rp in the world, if isee ppl dying ill heal them, i ressed some random dude yesterday as he got melted by a world quest mob and helped the poor sod finish the quest, you have to create your own immersion, its never going to be new again but you can still immerse yourself in the game. a lot of the enjoyment i get from the game is progressing with my bro and guildies, i guess i have my own mini community that keeps me playing, but that is what kept ppl playing in vanilla the guild social aspect was 50% of the raid night at least.
    But that's the whole problem, it's pretty impossible to immerse in today's WoW. The whole leveling is a facerolling joke which kills instantaneously any immersion (can't take the world nor any threat seriously when you can routinely grab five mobs and AoE them in seconds and chain this all the time, or when you can solo whole 5-man instances), the end-game is drowned under metagame mechanisms (menus and CRZ and scaling and whatnot), the entire gameplay is about convenience and balance without any attention paid to the in-world consistency (I mean, I can poison and make bleed a fucking MACHINE, yay for immersion ?).

As for progression, the game basically force you to progress anyway, to the point it's not progression at all. It's like an escalator : you might be going up, but it's doing it by itself, so it means nothing. Linear progression instead of this automated treadmill is one of the main elements missed from Vanilla.
    as for the game becoming too action orientated and fast paced. blame that on player skill and intuitiveness, the same encounters that were difficult 12 years ago, really are just not difficult any more. that could be down to the increased tool kits, in the end i don't think i'd still be playing the game today if the tool kits didn't become more diverse over time.

still most ppl are way more skilled than the average player during vanilla, the old encounters just don't hold a candle to the complexity of encounters today and the requirement of each player.
    As you said, increased toolkit is the major point. Player skill ? Certainly people who played the game ten years are going to be better than people who played the game three monthes, so it might have been true for early to mid Vanilla (I'll even grant you "late" to take into account the theorycrafting being perfected), but if we take mid-to-late TBC, it's 4 years of experience, and I don't believe you can become much more skilled after that. Having tons of abilities allowing to be tons more efficient and more permissive tuning ? Yeah, THAT is certainly a much more direct effect.
    there was quite a lot of things that probably looked cool on paper but eventually turned out to be dead ends in terms of game play.
    most ppl who miss classic should probably take solace in the fact that, those mechanics that you miss were probably brain stormed to shit and they still came up empty so, i rather doubt they were deliberately removed to piss ppl off and make the game less immersive.
    The goal was maybe not to "piss off" people, but the reason (you can link pretty much everything to "streamline", i.e. "dumb down") is still pretty shitty. Is jewelcrafting more interesting now that colours have been removed ? It might have been a straightforward decision to know which gems use, but it was still more interesting and fluffy than this shitty bore of prismatic slots in which you have the same five secondary stat than everywhere else. Same for enchanting. Same for buffs and debuffs, which were a pillar of the game philosophy and ended up castrated in WoD and downright removed in Legion for who know what reasons. It hasn't improved the game in any way, and it has removed an immersive element and a bit of gameplay - net loss.

It's not like Blizzard is new to making cretinous decisions that ends up getting reverted - remember replenishment, which they tried to shoehorn into the game for three expansion before admitting it was a retarded idea and dropping it ?
    although some of the items on the list do make me remember various things that once were. some things i remember quite clearly, I can honestly say though that as a game, its more fun to actually play, healing in general is harder, but definitely more fun than it was. and that is really the main thing, is the game more fun to play than it was, yes, it is. perhaps i'm jaded after maining a priest for so long but just for my class, its a lot more fun to play than it was, objectively.
    You realize how logically absurd it is to say "it's objectively more fun" ? Fun is by definition subjective, and when it comes to healing I actually find it "objectively" more boring now that it's just a DPS-like spamfest. Give me my FSR-dance gameplay and my gearing options where I could juggle with intelligence and spirit (until they shoved their horrible replenishment down our throat, at least...) and play the efficiency game if I wanted. Give me back having to work for threat and having to keep debuffs on my target and having interesting gearing choices as a tank (am I avoidance ? HP wall ?) instead of being a DPS-lite with the same boring gear and practically the same gameplay.
    If there is any "objective" fact, it's that the gameplay has lost tons of aspects and variety to fit everything into the action game one, making everything more "streamlined" (which is, in this case, a pretty ugly word) and in the end much less interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Obviously it's a stretch to compare fluff mechanisms to graphics, as graphics are central to the perception of the game, but I think it's a good illustration of the principle : it's something that does little to gameplay, but helps immersion by providing a way to relate to the game world. Requiring reagents which makes sense (like tinder and wood for cooking fire or a pole to fish) doesn't change in any way how you actually fish or cook, but it helps verisimilitude and the suspension of disbelief.
    Conversely, having layers upon layer of obvious metagame elements just yank you from the in-game world to loudly remind you "it's a game" and prevents immersion.

And it really has nothing to do with the "I've played for too long". I've discovered Pandaria and WoD at the same time, and despite that I had completely opposed feeling about each one. For all the talk of "nostalgia" used in these thread, I have a feeling that an even more prevalent illusion is the tendency to dismiss everything that is boring or badly designed in today's WoW under the "I just have played too long" excuse.

But that's the whole problem, it's pretty impossible to immerse in today's WoW. The whole leveling is a facerolling joke which kills instantaneously any immersion (can't take the world nor any threat seriously when you can routinely grab five mobs and AoE them in seconds and chain this all the time, or when you can solo whole 5-man instances), the end-game is drowned under metagame mechanisms (menus and CRZ and scaling and whatnot), the entire gameplay is about convenience and balance without any attention paid to the in-world consistency (I mean, I can poison and make bleed a fucking MACHINE, yay for immersion ?).

As for progression, the game basically force you to progress anyway, to the point it's not progression at all. It's like an escalator : you might be going up, but it's doing it by itself, so it means nothing. Linear progression instead of this automated treadmill is one of the main elements missed from Vanilla.

As you said, increased toolkit is the major point. Player skill ? Certainly people who played the game ten years are going to be better than people who played the game three monthes, so it might have been true for early to mid Vanilla (I'll even grant you "late" to take into account the theorycrafting being perfected), but if we take mid-to-late TBC, it's 4 years of experience, and I don't believe you can become much more skilled after that. Having tons of abilities allowing to be tons more efficient and more permissive tuning ? Yeah, THAT is certainly a much more direct effect.

The goal was maybe not to "piss off" people, but the reason (you can link pretty much everything to "streamline", i.e. "dumb down") is still pretty shitty. Is jewelcrafting more interesting now that colours have been removed ? It might have been a straightforward decision to know which gems use, but it was still more interesting and fluffy than this shitty bore of prismatic slots in which you have the same five secondary stat than everywhere else. Same for enchanting. Same for buffs and debuffs, which were a pillar of the game philosophy and ended up castrated in WoD and downright removed in Legion for who know what reasons. It hasn't improved the game in any way, and it has removed an immersive element and a bit of gameplay - net loss.

It's not like Blizzard is new to making cretinous decisions that ends up getting reverted - remember replenishment, which they tried to shoehorn into the game for three expansion before admitting it was a retarded idea and dropping it ?

You realize how logically absurd it is to say "it's objectively more fun" ? Fun is by definition subjective, and when it comes to healing I actually find it "objectively" more boring now that it's just a DPS-like spamfest. Give me my FSR-dance gameplay and my gearing options where I could juggle with intelligence and spirit (until they shoved their horrible replenishment down our throat, at least...) and play the efficiency game if I wanted. Give me back having to work for threat and having to keep debuffs on my target and having interesting gearing choices as a tank (am I avoidance ? HP wall ?) instead of being a DPS-lite with the same boring gear and practically the same gameplay.
    If there is any "objective" fact, it's that the gameplay has lost tons of aspects and variety to fit everything into the action game one, making everything more "streamlined" (which is, in this case, a pretty ugly word) and in the end much less interesting.
    you do know that people ignored the socket bonus 90% of the time, ya?
    TBC everyone did, WoTLK everyone stacked main stat, Cata everyone stacked main stat, MoP everyone stacked main stat unless you gained a large amount of secondaries/main stat from the socket bonus.

And very few are saying the game was objectively more fun, people are saying the game was objectively better.

15+ Year Old Account
    The size of two continents, the challenge, less bloated.
    Getting all buffs for raids sucked though.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Nothing made classic wow better, because it wasn't. The only thing that was "better" is that everything was new for a lot of people, me included. That guy has an epic? WOW! We killed a raidboss, WOW! Kazzak is up, it's a zergfest between alliance and horde him, WOW!

Now it's just.. world boss? meh, multitag and let me just grab that chance for a weekly free epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
    Nothing made classic wow better, because it wasn't. The only thing that was "better" is that everything was new for a lot of people, me included. That guy has an epic? WOW! We killed a raidboss, WOW! Kazzak is up, it's a zergfest between alliance and horde him, WOW!

Now it's just.. world boss? meh, multitag and let me just grab that chance for a weekly free epic.
    You confuse me.... In one hand you say that it was only better because it was "new", in the other hand you actually describe why it was factually better on some things, like not having the change of getting a weekly free epic in a matter of seconds by just hitting the world boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    snip.
    I completely understand some of the issues although, immersion is going to be come lessened the longer you play a game the less your going to believe it.

the fact the game has lost some of its quirkly balancing doesn't bother me too much, its the progression, we've been noobs once, maybe twice maybe 3 times, we been weak, we've been strong, then weak again. there comes a point in the story where your characters just aren't scrubs any more. the game would not be fun today if my character was still unable to take on 2 mobs at the same time, my character can help defeat the lich king, but i can't handle 2 murlocs. ok then. our characters have been getting progressively stronger with each expansion and we're complaining about consistency and immersion, i would be less immersed if my character wasn't getting more noticeably powerful.

as for bleeding machines and mages being pretty much useless against certain elementals. thats the balance, pre-homogenization days, those days are literally gone, your never going to see the current game revert to the days where each class was a one trick pony and not always the best one trick pony at that. (machines can still bleed oil?)

your complains about consistency, believability are second to player enjoyment, ppl didn't enjoy never being able to perform better than other classes. ppl wanted their off specs to matter and be equal.

my class is objectively more fun to play, disc and holy have never been better. disc today has its own mechanics and is completely set apart from holy, both specs have substantially more depth than the flash heal spamming snore fest that classic was. disc and holy in classic where mechanically the same, there was nothing that really set them apart. there was one really good talent build and lots of shit builds that were just worst for endurance. today my talent choices are great and there actually IS a fucking choice between abilities or passives that make an actual impact on the encounters. I miss spirit but I don't think there was a whole lot skill involved with just stacking spirit, I did stack spirit during T5 and then for T6 they nerfed spirit into the ground and i was pissed off again. I would like to see the stat system revamped again and some more choice brought back, but i don't think its central to my current gameplay, the game is too fast paced for things like wanding bosses and standing around doing nothing for 5 seconds to get a quick jolt of mana.

its objective because after 12 years of refinement the actual playstyle has improved. healing in general is objectively better than the one button spam fest that it was in classic, spam flash heal till oom > wand boss > spam flash heal till oom > wand boss, healing tactics for every boss in vanilla. honestly if you were pro you essentially had a macro that would /y OOM! and hopefully the druids weren't asleep and would innervate you, but that was it, palas spent the whole time buffing and rebuffing the raid, priests spent 80% of the time spamming flash heal and the other 20% wanding the boss for mana, druids were there to innervate the priests, warriors were the only viable tank. that was all terrible compared to today.

the old almost geriatric pace of encounters is just gone we've progressed passed it. they aren't challenging any more get over it.

what is funny is everyone wants their class to be the best at that role, secretly or openly, I had some sort of smug superiority in classic for playing a priest, i still wouldn't choose to go back to that even if my class was the best of the best healing class. the actual depth of the healing game was thin there was very little thought required to do well.

I think my reaction time has improved, mythic plus dungeons have been the hardest type of healing i've ever had to do, the first time i did a heroic in TBC we went for ramparts because, hey thats the first dungeon, it'll be easy.

no it wasn't easy not the first time, i remember it clearly, we had a druid tank, he goes in pulls the ravener and the other 2 mobs, and died in about 2 second. the ravener stunned the tank and he got 2 shotted. that is when healing changed forever for me, it went from a casual heal... heal... heal... to healhealhealhealheal.

mythic plus today past 10, it reminds me of the difficulty of hitting those tbc heroics for the first time, the affixes are cancerous but manageable they keep throwing curve balls into the game, even if you do get good at healing or tanking or dps, there is something that will make your game more challenging.

challenging, is the key word, if the game didn't become progressively more challenging there wouldn't be much point in playing at all, if the encounters today required the same level of effort that they did in the past we'd be seeing raid tiers cleared within the week of it launching, we already are seeing mythic difficulty lasting perhaps half a month for the top end. the encounters of the past aren't going to really be fun for anyone but the LFR players.

ppl have a problem with the levelling experience, as a priest, as a healer, the game isn't that fun for me if i'm not actually healing a raid or a dungeon run, if i'm not raiding or running a 5man, i'm not really getting the most out of my class and role.

levelling up is something i've rushed through since tbc, i rerolled a priest in classic and leveled up to 60 quite fast, but in tbc i did not hang around smelling the roses i wanted to be doing heroics and karazhan ASAP. that mentality has followed me all the way since.

then we have alts, you know i like playing different classes, its quite shocking how fast it actually is if you are a some what fast player, i created a ret pala 3 days ago, boosted it to 100, got it to 110 and finished it class hall campaign for the 3rd relic slot, the character is 858-860 and its 3 days old.

if i had gone all the way from level 1 it probably would have taken me a while longer to reach the same place. there are plenty of characters in the game though, there has to be some sort of possibility that someone might want to try every character, if the levelling experience is artificially bloated out the chance that you have time to level each character diminishes.

ok so it doesn't take long to level up one character and catch up to the current end game, what about levelling all 13 characters and getting them all to end game? not so fast now is it? even if getting to the end game grind is too fast, the actual gearing up is really down to rng, like in the past during classic you may get weeks where you get a whole bunch of drops and weeks were you only get 1 or 2 or none and have to wait for resets to get another shot, and so your progress is tied to rng loot drops, just like it was in classic.

lets face it there is a whole lot more fun progression to be had that its just out of arms reach, for each character, its really not hard these days to get into the end game, get your foot in the door and try various characters in raids, in classic that just wasn't possible, it wasn't possible to maintain 2-5 raiding alts. today it is possible, but still requires one hell of a time investment, running 5 alts through all the raid finders and pugging normal, getting saved to karazhan and whatever else comes in the future patches, there is a fuck ton of content in the game and not many ppl have the 'no life' status to be able to claim they have the time to run all their alts through it. there is an incredible amount of accessible content in the game today compared to what there was in the past. content that you actually get to see and play yourself, not hear about months later, or after its already become obsolete.

there were some fun quirky game mechanics in vanilla, I definitely had fun playing it, in hindsight the game was a fraction of the game we have today in terms of depth and playability. I honestly find it kinda sad that ppl are clinging to the corpse of vanilla wow like its some sort of messiah. it was cool at the time, but that version of the game wasn't the pinnacle of mmos by any stretch of the imagination. just the fact that every spec is somewhat viable today is a Massive improvement over the 1 decent spec per class that there was.

in the end if your immersion is broken by running face roll content, don't run face roll content, molten core became face roll and it was still run to death, i remember the old killing ragnaros before the submerge thing, your trying to sell me a scenario where the game wasn't faceroll, it was face roll, pvp as specific classes was faceroll, dungeons with 15 ppl were faceroll. ppl are just being too obtuse to see past their own rose tinted goggles. complaining about things being too faceroll today when they were face roll in the past anyway, if your skilled your going to find certain content faceroll, what a shame :/ that your skilled enough to blitz content, there isn't a violin small enough.

progression may not have been as widely apparent as it is today, but pretending that the game was some sort of summer camp where most ppl enjoyed just sitting around in a circle singing kumbaya its bullshit once ppl figured out where the best loot was they wanted to progress through it. the game still has linear progression, its called going from worst gear to better gear. there are many ways in which to do that, but generally, yes, you start off with shit gear, and end up with better gear. seems pretty linear to me.

even so if we want to be all pedantic about it, the progression is balanced, you may fly through the early tiers but you still reach a wall where progression slows down or out right stops until another tier comes along or rngesus smiles on you. I don't care at all about the epic complaints, 'epic gear is no longer epic', it stopped being epic in vanilla, when you've seen 1000s of epics getting disenchanted they stop being epic a long long time ago.

ppl need to find another game if they miss the alternative life aspect of classic wow, the game doesn't have to be your second life any more. that is great. whats logically absurd is playing a broken version of a game that was released 12 years ago hasn't seen an update since then and claiming its superior in every way. its fine if you don't like the game anymore because it doesn't cater to your tastes, the game was never going to consistently please everyone.

this is already stupidly long but sure. i liked the dungeons in vanilla, i liked potion stacking because i was an alchemist, i liked playing a rogue and shaman in pvp because they were over powered as fuck, windfury and the hand of justice anyone? rogues before diminishing returns? hell yeah it was absolutely hilarious playing over power classes and roflstomping on ppl. dungeons were longer and more fun, thats my bias i heal so long dungeons were where i got most of my gameplay. there were some things that were worth playing. but overall, no it wasn't better. it was unbalanced and quirky, not better.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-02-17 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I completely understand some of the issues although, immersion is going to be come lessened the longer you play a game the less your going to believe it.

the fact the game has lost some of its quirkly balancing doesn't bother me too much, its the progression, we've been noobs once, maybe twice maybe 3 times, we been weak, we've been strong, then weak again. there comes a point in the story where your characters just aren't scrubs any more. the game would not be fun today if my character was still unable to take on 2 mobs at the same time, my character can help defeat the lich king, but i can't handle 2 murlocs. ok then.

as for bleeding machines and mages being pretty much useless against certain elementals. thats the balance, pre-homogenization days, those days are literally gone, your never going to see the current game revert to the days where each class was a one trick pony and not always the best one trick pony at that.

your complains about consistency, believability are second to player enjoyment, ppl didn't enjoy never being able to perform better than other classes. ppl wanted their off specs to matter and be equal.

my class is objectively more fun to play, disc and holy have never been better. disc today has its own mechanics and is completely set apart from holy, both specs have substantially more depth than the flash heal spamming snore fest that classic was.
    Well to be fair mages cry almost as much as the people here whenever they aren't #1 or close to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    The size of two continents, the challenge, less bloated.
    Getting all buffs for raids sucked though.
    "Less bloated"? What exactly do you mean by that? Less races? Less classes?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Many, many things are better now, but I do prefer certain aspects of the old game, which mostly have to do with the sense of adventure, community, challenge and reward.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing
    /10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    Many, many things are better now, but I do prefer certain aspects of the old game, which mostly have to do with the sense of adventure, community, challenge and reward.
    Yup that's pretty much it tbh. I tried it again and fell in love with it all over again, and this from someone who said they would never want to go back to it. I started with Rogue because I didn't play one then, it was enjoyable, and I forgot just how crazy it could get just trying to do something as simple as CC. Then I fired up a Paladin, my original class. I knew the pitfalls, I knew how how boring it could be, I knew that it didn't all exactly work, I loved it.

My buddy and I say back talk about it one day. We really couldn't explain why we would still find it enjoyable. So many things that in theory are better now. The annoyances that were removed, and yet going back we discovered that those things were part of it's charm. Maybe it's because WoW wasn't my first MMO, wasn't even my second, so part of me still pines for the MMO's of old.

Like I said, often times the arguments seem silly to people, but you know, for a lot of old time MMO players, that stuff is still good, even with it's issues. Objectively it may not be better, but you like what you like sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    By the way, it's "you're" not "your".
    I always wonder why people likes correcting others grammatical error. That is not the purpose of the discussion. So it serves little purpose other than deflects the main topic. Or that by pointing these out somehow also invalidate their post. Or no counter points could be made so resort to picking out their writing mistakes.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    I always wonder why people likes correcting others grammatical error. That is not the purpose of the discussion. So it serves little purpose other than deflects the main topic. Or that by pointing these out somehow also invalidate their post. Or no counter points could be made so resort to picking out their writing mistakes.

Just my opinion.
    Which is why I added it at the end rather than making it the focus of my post. The real question is, why did you make a post that's completely irrelevant? I can assure you, your opinion on the matter is not that valued.