Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noremis View Post
    GL Midwinter, hope to see you back in action soon!

I already stepped out of raiding for same reasons as many players did.
    Still playing as bloody casual, helping guild on split runs, or when needed.

However, there should be weekly AP hard cap , with catch up like PvP system in WoD.
    In case you missed few weeks of playing, you can farm AP later until you hit the cap.
    Later, AK could boost this further for alts and late players.

Previous expansions were more chilled out, WoD maybe little too much, as all I had to do was join raids.
    Otherwise some PvP or playing with alts, so I like these mythics+, even 4WQ's for chest is ok.

But, infinite spamming of m+ for AP, or RnG hunting for desired legendary is overkill..

For legendary system (if they really want to give it for free like candy), I would prefer that everyone gets "utility only" legendary first, like shield neck, healing legs, w/e.
    Then 2nd legendary could be created/chosen once some legendary Q item drops, and maybe some mats farming?
    So players will be able to choose DPS legendary, whether they want to boost aoe, ST, atler their rotation..
    Maybe altering it like that.

I hope they will notice what is happening and will address these issues.
    so you stopped raidng because you couldnt control yourself and instead simply stoping retarded farm you continiued for no reason whatsoever ? seems like its a good thing then that you quit and realised you have serious problem there

there is no such thing like infinite spaming - that fake problem created by tiny miniscule insignificant number of players that has no impact on majority

if your guild had shitty rules should have ismply swapped the guild instead following them blindly.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-02-17 at 09:59 AM.

Just saying, a lot of midwinter and SnF raiders formed a new guild called solace so it's only a few raiders who actually went casual/quit.

Also, its obvious we have no idea what the grind will look like in 7.2. There's a ton of changes coming to how we obtain AP and the current numbers that we have Blizzard said wasn't correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so you stopped raidng because you couldnt control yourself and instead simply stoping retarded farm you continiued for no reason whatsoever ? seems like its a good thing then that you quit and realised you have serious problem there

there is no such thing like infinite spaming - that fake problem created by tiny miniscule insignificant number of players that has no impact on majority

if your guild had shitty rules should have ismply swapped the guild instead following them blindly.
    Exactly, this whole thread and the likes are just epic face palm. Supposed "problems" created by players themselves then blaming game for it. I bet Blizzard is just watching and laughing at this and I'm pretty sure they have something more up their sleeve to troll die hard fake internet glory hunters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebachina View Post
    Exactly, this whole thread and the likes are just epic face palm. Supposed "problems" created by players themselves then blaming game for it.
    The DPS check encounters from the 4th mythic boss onwards are created by the players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    The DPS check encounters from the 4th mythic boss onwards are created by the players.
    It's not the game's problem that you wanna clear mythic instance on day 1....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I'm surprised more hardcore guilds haven't quit TBH. In other expansions you only had to go hard with for a couple of weeks, in Legion its been 6 months + of pure grinding. Legendary system probably didn't help much either.
    We've lost 5 players so far this expansion because of AP grind and Legendary drops. If there aren't massive sweeping changes to both of these systems I doubt we'll be raiding next patch. For a hardcore raider this is the worst expansion the game has ever seen and an excruciatingly frustrating way to spend our time.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's game's problem when tuning is based on Paragon traits. It's not day one, the bosses didn't get nerfed and getting superior gear is limited to either 3 first Mythic bosses or lucky titanforging on other difficulties.

People didn't invent those % increases, Blizzard did. And unlike gear, these are guaranteed.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's week 4 now and nothing changed.

2478 Trilliax and 714 Krosus kills is FAKE NEWS made up by the players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It's game's problem when tuning is based on Paragon traits. It's not day one, the bosses didn't get nerfed and getting superior gear is limited to either 3 first Mythic bosses or lucky titanforging on other difficulties.

People didn't invent those % increases, Blizzard did. And unlike gear, these are guaranteed.
    It's week 4 now and nothing changed.

2478 Trilliax and 714 Krosus kills is FAKE NEWS made up by the players.
    You two can keep on beating the dead horse for as long as you like but my point still stands (which you missed obviously). Your desire to clear everything ASAP is creating your "problems". Playing game at your own pace will make you clear all the content, plenty of guilds are doing this by raiding 2 days per week and still have the results without the frustration and burn out. But yeah...keep on chasing that fake glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It cannot happen though. This is an informal competition with no rules and you don't enter it with no handicap.
    Practically speaking, if there was a weekly AP cap that was very high (high enough to not impact casual players), would it really matter to anyone?
    Honestly an AP cap isn't needed. They need to cap how many times you can do M+ dungeons in a week. That in and of itself would greatly reduce the "risk" of burnout that this expansion is causing. I purposely have not done a lot of M+ because it's too much. I clear my board on WQs as much as possible...and now that NH has guaranteed AP I am okay with just doing NH and WQs for my AP. M+ was supposed to be an alternative to raiding, but that has basically become a requirement now....which if you put a cap of say 8 successful M+ runs(so if your key gets depleted it doesn't count towards the cap, as well as the run(s) to fix the depleted key), would greatly alleviate the "need" to grind endlessly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your desire to clear everything ASAP is creating your "problems". Playing game at your own pace will make you clear all the content, plenty of guilds are doing this by raiding 2 days per week and still have the results without the frustration and burn out.
    You are attacking a position nobody here defends. First it was kill on day one, then clear anything asap.

We are talking about the 4th boss out of 10. Exactly those 2 days per week, clearing all content on a slower pace guild are still required to grind out AP and make a time investment unseen in the past 10 years of WoW to raid the highest difficulty.

The only reason they are tired is because of those split runs/AP grind on alts....

Most of these guys don't do anything outside the house anyway so I doubt they would feel this burn if they didn't had to gear like 5 chars.

Blizz need to stop split raids during WF progression.

Deleted
    You are attacking a position nobody here defends. First it was kill on day one, then clear anything asap.

We are talking about the 4th boss out of 10. Exactly those 2 days per week, clearing all content on a slower pace guild are still required to grind out AP and make a time investment unseen in the past 10 years of WoW to raid the highest difficulty.
    So where's the rush? Stay on hardcore, get gear and AP will accumulate and you'll eventually kill the boss.

Deleted
    The hardcore raiding scene suffers a lot since legion. The recruitment is going harder and harder because the requirements are going harder and harder. Every gamer in that scene wants to define themself. Every gamer gives everything they have. But at the End this is not enough anymore. You need more time than ever before - at least for a tiny chance of wf/tf/leg upgrade (not only for ap). Lucky players are the real winners, because they can spent their time in another stuff, but unlucky players can only counter it with more time-investment (more raiding, more m+-ing, more grinding - too much is not enough). The most gamers are already burned-out to do this stuff with their main-characters, but a single character is usually not enough (even for competitive semi-progress raiding). And if you find such a player, with immense free-time and immense luck, he must still be able to execute boss strategies under massive preasure with multiple characters. After all the preparation and min-max tuning a wink of fate in the wrong direction during execution brings the jenga tower to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    This is what actual burnout looks like. Yet, people will defend this system. Get in here fan boys! Defend this! Love your GRIND!
    Yes, you are so right.

I love steak. Then I ate steak for every meal, for 2 months straight. Now I don't want to eat steak. Therefor, there is a problem with steak.

15+ Year Old Account
    So where's the rush? Stay on hardcore, get gear and AP will accumulate and you'll eventually kill the boss.
    Didn't you claim there are plently of guilds raiding 2 days per week having results without frustration and burn out?

As AK is currently maxed out the time requirement for your 54th trait will stay the same until 7.2. So reaching 54 doesn't just happen eventually. NH drops so little AP that you actively need to farm it. Gear upgrade potential isn't there to the same degree like it was in WoD where encounters got nerfed over time by outgearing them.

Unless those guilds are willing to do the grind it looks like there will be some burn out and frustration due to hitting an artificial AP wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Yes, you are so right.

I love steak. Then I ate steak for every meal, for 2 months straight. Now I don't want to eat steak. Therefor, there is a problem with steak.
    While the analogy is funny, it's incorrect.
    The correct one would be:
    I love steak. I planned to eat steak, but in order to do so I had to eat _____ first, which I loathe, for 2 months straight. Now I don't want to eat steak.

Deleted
    Didn't you claim there are plently of guilds raiding 2 days per week having results without frustration and burn out?
    Yes, but those guilds will kill last boss 2 - 3 months from now. If you've been playing Legion from the start doing quests and WQ's, dungeon daily and weekly chest, you should be close to 50 traits now. Let's get one thing clear...

I don't like the system, I quit raiding and game because of the reasons (and numerous others) that led to this exact situation almost 3 months ago. For people that still wanna do mythic raiding there is a solution in casual approach, no one is forcing you to grind. Problem is that "casual" in mythic scene is pretty much myth in itself because you won't find many guilds doing that.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're acting as if getting 54 traits is some massive nerf to the instance, instead of baseline tuning level for bosses beyond the first three. Having 20 people with 54 traits doesn't trivialize the fights, it just makes them doable without large amount of gear farming and winning the titanforged lottery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    if someone took a break he should be behind - this is not a moba game when you can jump in and out whenever you like . he isnt able to get instant ak 20 but he can get instant ak 15 and then 2-3 days reaserches - seems fair to me.
    I actually agree. In some ways it heartens me to see that you get a benefit from not taking a months long break. I wasn't clear but mostly I was just replying because people were/are talking about two very different things, mains where someone took a break and have lowish AK and alts. The latter are dead easy to catch up (I've done it, my druid alt is 86x in both resto and balance gear with 35 traits in resto and 33 in balance in something like 2 days at 110).