Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly hope for a revamped kalimdor/EK, overtaken by naga/old god influences (that could be easily removed after that expansion instead of still scarring the world for 6 years and 3 expansions later like Cata)

But also updated overall to fit the post-legion timeline, no more garrosh/deathwing quests in pre-cata zones.
    Cleansed Plaguelands (holy influence extended from the pala class hall) + connected landmass to ghostlands, added flying, updated Silvermoon.
    Azuremyst isles added to kalimdor map allowing direct boat to stormwind/flight connection to darkshore, Isles cleaned up, most exodar debris removed, blood elves replaced by some other quests.
    Loch Modan Dam repaired
    At least a bridge between north and south barrens.
    Zone level ranges more fluid once again + scaling 1-60, zone objectives.
    When expansion is unlocked , relevant quest zones in Kalimdor/EK existing zones become available at high level.
    Low level wont encounter max level mobs and will have altered quests.
    World quests could be split per faction/continent, so each faction doesn't compete for mobs unless it's a world boss, and is closer to the faction main capitals.

Added islands/sea regions for more naga/pirate/undersea/trolls content:
    Zul'dare
    Kul'tiras
    Plunder isle.
    Tel'Abim
    Zandalar

After that a Void expansion, which uses Tempest Keep as main city and travel hub, the layout definately caters to a neutral district, and a horde/alliance seperate district.

Updates in netherstorm as a staging area, Old raid can still stay there with some bronze dragon npc trick.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-16 at 12:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I honestly hope for a revamped kalimdor/EK, overtaken by naga/old god influences (that could be easily removed after that expansion instead of still scarring the world for 6 years and 3 expansions later like Cata)

But also updated overall to fit the post-legion timeline, no more garrosh/deathwing quests in pre-cata zones.
    Cleansed Plaguelands (holy influence extended from the pala class hall) + connected landmass to ghostlands, added flying, updated Silvermoon.
    Azuremyst isles added to kalimdor map allowing direct boat to stormwind/flight connection to darkshore, Isles cleaned up, most exodar debris removed, blood elves replaced by some other quests.
    Loch Modan Dam repaired
    At least a bridge between north and south barrens.
    Zone level ranges more fluid once again + scaling 1-60, zone objectives.
    When expansion is unlocked , relevant quest zones in Kalimdor/EK existing zones become available at high level.
    Low level wont encounter max level mobs and will have altered quests.
    World quests could be split per faction/continent, so each faction doesn't compete for mobs unless it's a world boss, and is closer to the faction main capitals.

Added islands/sea regions for more naga/pirate/undersea/trolls content:
    Zul'dare
    Kul'tiras
    Plunder isle.
    Tel'Abim
    Zandalar

After that a Void expansion, which uses Tempest Keep as main city and travel hub, the layout definately caters to a neutral district, and a horde/alliance seperate district.

Updates in netherstorm as a staging area, Old raid can still stay there with some bronze dragon npc trick.
    Yeah that is essentially something I thought of too. Remove most quest lines and replace them with something related to naga, old god and such.
    That would also mean they could stop Astranaar from burning down, etc. Which is still not fixed.

I don't expect them to revamp a continent ever again.
    But I do think they may revisit a continent or two, by making updated phase with its own level range, quests and areas.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IMloreeu View Post
    am i lost or has there not been any hints to whom it might be ?.

i mean, jaina or genn will get my vote.

7.3 might be the last big patch and if i remember correctly both garrosh and guldan had warning signs over their heads well before 1 patch out.
    havent been on the ptr for 7.2 but i guess there are no news ?
    How many Old God references do you need?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Lol. People calling WoD filler when it delt with Garrosh, GulDan and his Shadow Council and the current Legion we are fighting right now. This is Part 2 of what started on Draenor and ended with the confirmed death of Archimonde

Did the main story of the games universe progress in a meaningful way? Were major figured toppled or emerged.

Why yes! In both MoP and WoD

Is Burning Legion filler?

Filler is stuff like Zul'Aman in 2.3 TBC. You all need to learn what the fuck it means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    How many Old God references do you need?
    Here is his spoiler. The burning Legion. The greatest threat to the void lords and their plans ia destroyed. Also the fate of Sargeraz might be becoming their Dark TiTan unwillingly
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-16 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Lol. People calling WoD filler when it delt with Garrosh, GulDan and his Shadow Council and the current Legion we are fighting right now. This is Part 2 of what started on Draenor and ended with the confirmed death of Archimonde
    Do you understand that we didn't need WoD to have Legion?

Garrosh? Staying in prison to be used in a far future would be enough. Or just kill him in SoO: the only reason his story wasn't finished there is because they needed him to justify WoD.

Gul'dan? Well, no need to create an entire time-travel-alternate-universe non-sense to bring him back. Demons get his skull, resurrect the original one. Done.

Archimonde? Could very well be part of Legion itself.

Yes, Legion is a continuation of WoD, but very little would be needed to make Legion happen. WoD was filler.

Is Burning Legion filler?
    This question does not even make sense.

I used "Filler" in a way to say: "it's not one of the major themes being build in the story, but a diversion". It doesn't mean "nothing happens" neither "it's bad". MoP WAS filler, they didn't even plan it. They were planning another expansion (dunno if WoD or Legion, probably the former) when Dave Kosak pitched the idea and everyone liked it. It wasn't part of the overarching plot they wanted to tell. But MoP was good filler, they seized the opportunity to advance the story, it was pretty good overall.

WoD is filler of the worst kind. You could throw away most of the expansion and we wouldn't even notice. And those parts that became important could be done without the nonsensical plot.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Do you understand that we didn't need WoD to have Legion?

Garrosh? Staying in prison to be used in a far future would be enough. Or just kill him in SoO: the only reason his story wasn't finished there is because they needed him to justify WoD.

Gul'dan? Well, no need to create an entire time-travel-alternate-universe non-sense to bring him back. Demons get his skull, resurrect the original one. Done.

Archimonde? Could very well be part of Legion itself.

Yes, Legion is a continuation of WoD, but very little would be needed to make Legion happen. WoD was filler.

I used "Filler" in a way to say: "it's not one of the major themes being build in the story, but a diversion". It doesn't mean "nothing happens" neither "it's bad". MoP WAS filler, they didn't even plan it. They were planning another expansion (dunno if WoD or Legion, probably the former) when Dave Kosak pitched the idea and everyone liked it. It wasn't part of the overarching plot they wanted to tell. But MoP was good filler, they seized the opportunity to advance the story, it was pretty good overall.

WoD is filler of the worst kind. You could throw away most of the expansion and we wouldn't even notice. And those parts that became important could be done without the nonsensical plot.
    Didnt need WoD to have legion.........

GulDan is the catalyst are you serious?

WoD was to show off icpnic villans qe would otherwise NEVER see

GulDan, Blackhand the firat warchief, Kilrogg one of the main vlans to invade azeroth in the first and second wars. , Gorefiemd, Chogall,

Mannoroth.

And a good way to explain to us the demons arent just immortal. They also tramscend all realities.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-16 at 10:33 PM.

Didnt need WoD to have legion.........

No we didn't WoD to have Legion, but that's how blizz wrote the story. Kind of a silly thought when it comes to fiction since you could say that about literally anything...

Gul'dan was the catalyst to the legion's arrival in the lore. That's a fact. they are here in force because he opened the portal under Kil'jaedens orders within the tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    No we didn't WoD to have Legion, but that's how blizz wrote the story. Kind of a silly thought when it comes to fiction since you could say that about literally anything...

Gul'dan was the catalyst to the legion's arrival in the lore. That's a fact. they are here in force because he opened the portal under Kil'jaedens orders within the tomb.
    Which only he could do Aegwymn warded the tomb so NO demon or Azerothian native could open it. Plus it required tremendous magic to remove.

Guldan was who they needed.

Its the entire reason sargeras as medivh lured guldan and the horde to azeroth in the very beginning

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post

While I understand what you are getting at, it depends on what the "major theme" is of World of Warcraft. Is it the Burning Legion? The Old Gods? The Scourge? All of the above? And why categorize Mists of Pandaria as filler when it dealt with one of the plot's core villains, being Y'shaarj?

And a good way to explain to us the demons arent just immortal. They also tramscend all realities.
    THat's mind fuckery that opens so many questions that I can't imagine how they could've thought that was a good idea.
    Actually, introducing an alternate reality was terrible idea by itself, even without the demon nonsense.

GulDan, Blackhand the firat warchief, Kilrogg one of the main vlans to invade azeroth in the first and second wars. , Gorefiemd, Chogall,
    Alternate versions of long-dead characters. There was no need for that.

So, you think going to an alternate universe to get their Gul'dan is more logical than just resurrecting the original Gul'dan?

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Indeed. It's not like the developers are forced to achieve something in lore with just one possible story. When you are writing fiction, you have so many possibilities, and yet Blizzard chose the worst ill-conceived one for WoD. They could have done so many things that didn't require going into a time-travel-alternate-universe nonsense that just made everything confusing. Just having to explain there are 2 Draenors is bizarre.

Try to explain WoD story to someone who isn't a WoW player and watch the reactions.

But you are right, as bad as it was, it's how the story was written. We need to accept it as canon, but not that it's good or couldn't be any better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    While I understand what you are getting at, it depends on what the "major theme" is of World of Warcraft. Is it the Burning Legion? The Old Gods? The Scourge? All of the above? And why categorize Mists of Pandaria as filler when it dealt with one of the plot's core villains, being Y'shaarj?
    I consider it to be a story that has been seeded long before and players were expecting it. TBC, WotLK and Legion are definitely non-filler, people could expect them long before they were announced. Cataclysm is a weird one, since it's built on previous themes, like Deathwing, Elemental Lords and Old Gods, but the execution itself was not expected. MoP and WoD are the filler ones, but I need to reinforce that "filler" does not mean "bad" or "meaningless", just that the theme was not a majorly expected one (WoD in particular is VERY fillerish; MoP at least had some people wanting to see pandaren for a long time).

Deleted
    Deal with the lich king and the scourge, deal with wrathion, bring jaina back to her senses.

You say the resurrect MU guldan.... how? No demon soul and just a skull illidan sucked dry of power.

Keyword also ILLIDAN. The legion used AU guldan because well.... we were there

. In a different reality fucking up their plans. The fact they made a pact with guldan. It was probably a you help us we help you. Guldans end of the bargin archimonde wailed with his death was to open the portal in the tomb. Because #1 the orcs they used in MU failed and that guldan went there seeking his own power so they dispatched him.

Also explain WoD to non WoW player
    Yeah as if explaining any WoW event will make sense
    Oh hey explain old gods and the legion and illidan to non wow players hurrr hurrr. And tauren!

Deleted
    There's also one more possibility... With Meryl finally appearing in-game, guess who's the last living member of New Council of Tirisfal not to be seen by player character? Yeah, Med'an. In 7.2 we're getting to meet Echo of Aegwynn, 7.3 is Argus and Med'an is confirmed to be "out in universe".

The only purpose for WoD lorewise was to bring back Gul'dan. And in a fiction world like Warcraft, there are dozens of better ways to bring back a dead character instead of travelling to an alternate universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I would pretty strong suggest that WoD was not filler - the expansion had a very strong theme and tie-in to the expansion preceding it, and it *could* have been a great one under different circumstances. It's my personal belief that the strong Legion theme of the last content patch of WoD was designed as a strong segue into the next expansion because WoD failed to realize its potential.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

To me is not a who, its a what, what will be the bridge between Legion and X? With the reduced number of demons in the Burning Legion and we, the heroes of Azeroth, fighting in Argus, Azshara and Nzoth make their move.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    There's also one more possibility... With Meryl finally appearing in-game, guess who's the last living member of New Council of Tirisfal not to be seen by player character? Yeah, Med'an. In 7.2 we're getting to meet Echo of Aegwynn, 7.3 is Argus and Med'an is confirmed to be "out in universe".
    Medan is no longer the guardian in lore. The odds are hes been writtenr out entirely in favor of khadgar good riddance

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    The only purpose for WoD lorewise was to bring back Gul'dan. And in a fiction world like Warcraft, there are dozens of better ways to bring back a dead character instead of travelling to an alternate universe.
    And destroyed archimonde forevet. Probably the most significant wvent to date in the history of the game actually

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    To me is not a who, its a what, what will be the bridge between Legion and X? With the reduced number of demons in the Burning Legion and we, the heroes of Azeroth, fighting in Argus, Azshara and Nzoth make their move.
    Perhaps the void lords claim their prize on argus..... a dark titan...

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I would pretty strong suggest that WoD was not filler - the expansion had a very strong theme and tie-in to the expansion preceding it, and it *could* have been a great one under different circumstances. It's my personal belief that the strong Legion theme of the last content patch of WoD was designed as a strong segue into the next expansion because WoD failed to realize its potential.
    Agreed. Grom was initially the final boss of the expansion and while it was implied the last raid was going to be demon-heavy, the fact that Grom was nonetheless going to be the last boss means they intended to play events in a different way. But between 6.0 and 6.1 the story ended up being so botched that whatever they had in mind clearly wouldn't have had the same weight at that point. So they clearly preferred to shoehorn Archimonde in there and focus entirely on Gul'dan to make the ending of WoD a blatant bridge to Legion rather than the conclusion of its own story.

OT: I'm positively sure the next expansion will be Old God related. In fact we got enough hints that could have suggested something of the like even within this very expansion, but if the current one decides to stick on the Legion theme (as I expect it'll do) then there's nearly no doubt we'll deal with N'Zoth/Azshara related stuff after it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    What is that quote in your signature from? I literally cannot stop laughing at it, and my co workers think I'm insane.