Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Unfortunately only Fireball, Pyroblast, and Fire Blast crits reduce the cooldown of Kindling.

Currently there's no reason to have it otherwise, since we never cast scorch anyway. With the removal of Ice Flows, hopefully they add scorch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    Unfortunately only Fireball, Pyroblast, and Fire Blast crits reduce the cooldown of Kindling.

Currently there's no reason to have it otherwise, since we never cast scorch anyway. With the removal of Ice Flows, hopefully they add scorch.
    That's not entirely accurate. Scorch (especially with the belt) has its value. For instance, if there's movement and there's not enough time for Combustion to come off cooldown [even with kindling].

There's rarely movement that both Ice Flows and Shimmer can't deal with.

Perhaps I should've said "hardly" cast scorch instead of never.

Bump old thread, item has been buffed (350% scorch dmg sub 30% hp, 100% critting), a friend got it today... so... how good is it?

Worth dropping wrist for (no I'd say), worth dropping dragon-breath-helm for (maybe on st, not on aoe??)... How do you guys see this item and use it? Are you?

Yes its awesome this patch i'd say its better than bracers even for st, having unlimited mobility for what is usually the hardest bit of the fight (sub 30%) is insane. + it works really well with the bracers since your pyroing a lot more so more procs. I would run bracers + belt for st, and belt + helm for aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Bump old thread, item has been buffed (350% scorch dmg sub 30% hp, 100% critting), a friend got it today... so... how good is it?

Worth dropping wrist for (no I'd say), worth dropping dragon-breath-helm for (maybe on st, not on aoe??)... How do you guys see this item and use it? Are you?
    If you were doing M+ id probably switch out the helm for the belt when you get to a boss, especially if it's a fortified week. Scorch hits harder than fireball sub 30% plus it has no travel time which makes for some really fast HS procs if you weave in your fireblasts if your previous pyro didn't crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    If you were doing M+ id probably switch out the helm for the belt when you get to a boss, especially if it's a fortified week. Scorch hits harder than fireball sub 30% plus it has no travel time which makes for some really fast HS procs if you weave in your fireblasts if your previous pyro didn't crit.
    Belt is wonderful with volcanic, bracers on the other hand are quite terrible
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    Do you still use Cinderstorm sub 30% if you have belt and are fishing for Pyro like you mentioned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Do you still use Cinderstorm sub 30% if you have belt and are fishing for Pyro like you mentioned?
    If you didn't have fireblast, sure. But anything with a traveltime is kind of clunky when using koralon's. I'll explain:

(note, these always crit)
    scorch
    fireblast
    HS pyro
    **if pyro crits here, then it doesn't matter. If it doesn't you have to delay your cinder or your heating up proc will go away.

For that reason, if I don't have fireblast I usually just go ahead and start casting another scorch and just use fireblasts while casting scorch to get HS. Anything else you end up waiting on the travel/GCD and it is probably better just to use the amped scorch dmg anyways. Exception would be if you used Combustion, that would be the same.