Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I-ticket App, Be a Snitch, Get Rich

*******Apparently others have pointed out the article is tosh as the general public won't have access **********

So I've just had an email about an app called I-ticket. This is taken from the blog

Calling in all snitches: This is your chance to sell out your fellow drivers for a pay-off.

i-Ticket, a brand new app created by parking firm UK Car Park Management, will allow users to take a picture of an illegally-parked car on their private land, with the number plate in shot, and submit the evidence to issue a parking ticket.

Your reward? Well, for snitching on a misbehaving driver, you’ll receive a generous £10. Not bad, ey? It’s probably even enough to help you forget the fact that you’ve just sold your soul to a company of parking wardens.

After the picture has been reviewed by the authorities, you get your commission, and the driver in question is issued a fine for £60. Should they fail to pay that fee within 14 days, it climbs up to a whopping £100 total. Yikes!

Of course, the creators of i-Ticket have been quick to quash any fleeting ethical concerns we may have about it. “The problem is not with the app but with drivers that do not respect people’s land,” CPM boss James Randall recently told The Mirror.

“The photo uploaded to the app is just the evidence and everyone is looked at by a member of staff before a ticket is printed.” So, if they don’t do the crime, they won’t get a massive fine, right?

Still, something feels a little off about letting the parking authorities know when a driver is behaving, even if it’s on private property. “This is wrong on so many levels it beggars belief,” explained spokesman Simon Williams. “The sharp practices of parking companies are already regularly called into question with paid officials dishing out fines, but with members of the public being financially encouraged to shop motorists who overstay, it’s a recipe for disaster.”

He went on to explain how this civilian-snooping could also lead to social problems if misused, “This will cause total chaos by undermining trust still further and may even lead to public order offences between drivers and members of the public looking to earn a quick £10.”
    TLR version - New app lets you photograph cars illegal parked, submit it to the company, you get paid £10, offender gets the usual 60 fine (or 100 for being late).

I'm kind of on the fence about this,

1) You shouldn't be parked there - you deserve the fine. But at the same time, this doesn't take into consideration why someone might have done it. Are they just to lazy and parking as close as they can, or did a sudden emergency pop up requiring them to find the nearest spot and leave the car?

2) If this turns into a regular thing I guess it could potentially have the chance to make some people lose their job? e.g. the actual wardens. Then again, I guess people have fuck wardens attitude.

What do you guys think?

https://blog.buymobiles.net/features...eid=a3de1428ab
    Last edited by Rotted; 2017-02-17 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like that one bit. Mostly cause as much as I think some people are giant jackwagons it would take something big for me to ever snitch on someone. Some ass walking around taking pictures of peoples cars for a quick buck just doesn't jive well with me.

Deleted
    We had such a system in the GDR. It was called the Stasi. Except it wasn't a private company, but a federal agency. Its one of the most disgusting things in recent german hiistory. After the re-unification of germany, many people were relieved that the Stasi was gone. they had detailed spy records and had spies everywhere.

Sure, if you don't do the crime, you don't have to worry about the fine.

Constant surveyllance doesn't make you free. Freedom does.

Sure, it starts with parking tikets. But bad things often start with small first steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Don't like that one bit. Mostly cause as much as I think some people are giant jackwagons it would take something big for me to ever snitch on someone. Some ass walking around taking pictures of peoples cars for a quick buck just doesn't jive well with me.
    Different from official people going around writing tickets....how?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would totaly abuse this app and used it on our politican cars.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It says 'on their private land'. It that's the case, it's really not that big of a deal. I was thinking it was an app that allowed you to take pictures of people illegally parked in the city, etc.
    I'd imagine if its successful it has a chance of being implemented in a county on a trial run, up to national levels.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I wonder how many incorrectly parked penises will get reviewed.

I can't wait until someone gets beaten over trying to ticket someone else though. Paying people to do this seems a bit outrageous, but man, you could probably make a living doing this.
    Haahahhah yes please sure there will be many fights over this...don't meter maids already get shit for their job?
    Now someone with no authority is giving you a ticket, glorious!

Also people doing stupid illegal things while taking the pics, like driving and handling the phone.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

10+ Year Old Account
    You have the right to face your accuser in court, the 1# reason traffic/red light cameras were removed in the Dallas/Ft Worth area.

Would not work.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've seen enough idiots parked blocking exit routes, fire escapes, disabled parking, cycle ways, bus stops and all manner of other asocial bullshit that I'd be all over this shit if it was here.

I don't even care so much about the financial aspect, I just think people need to learn to not be complete knob heads with their automobiles.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

What stops people from making a buttload of pictures of normally parked cars labeled as offenders to render the whole app useless?

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    Haahahhah yes please sure there will be many fights over this...don't meter maids already get shit for their job?
    Now someone with no authority is giving you a ticket, glorious!

Also people doing stupid illegal things while taking the pics, like driving and handling the phone.
    Except you take a picture, you don't decide if they get a ticket or not.

Love it. If someone is parked on my private property, what's wrong with me getting paid to get their shit the F off my lawn?

Good idea, in my opinion.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

7+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with that? Fuck people parking illegally on my private property.

It's no different than reporting any other crime. Reporting crime doesn't make your country a police state / surveillance state.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It says 'on their private land'. It that's the case, it's really not that big of a deal. I was thinking it was an app that allowed you to take pictures of people illegally parked in the city, etc.
    Yeah this 100%, in public tho it is another matter... we do not need people running around looking how many CM you parked to the sidewalk ...

Awesome.

learn to park, dweebs
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

This looks incredibly easy to abuse, taking pictures of cars that aren't actually illegally parked.
    Such as on my property I park my truck in the yard as my other cars are in the driveway. Someone could come down the road and take a picture of it. Even though it's my property at the end of my private road and my closest neighbor is a half mile away.

Seems cheaper to pay a a security team to do this for you, seeing as you will be responsible for anything bad happening on your land to anyone you invited on it. No, inviting the public idiots and drunks to help you secure your land anytime they wanna can't lead to ANYTHING going wrong, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    But, it being on private property means that some normal traffic laws dont apply.

For instance, (in TX) if you don't stop at the stop sign in a Kroger parking lot, the police cannot pull you over. If you leave the private property and run a stop sign, you will be pulled over and ticketed. Another example, on private property, a "no parking" sign cannot get you a ticket, only a tow, but a no parking sign in front of the Dallas court house will get you both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    1) You shouldn't be parked there - you deserve the fine. But at the same time, this doesn't take into consideration why someone might have done it. Are they just to lazy and parking as close as they can, or did a sudden emergency pop up requiring them to find the nearest spot and leave the car?
    this is why there is a court system. if the violator thinks they have a special reason why the fine should be lifted, they can plead their case to a judge. it is not nor should it be the job of officers or civilians to determine reason for rule breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    2) If this turns into a regular thing I guess it could potentially have the chance to make some people lose their job? e.g. the actual wardens. Then again, I guess people have fuck wardens attitude.
    i doubt they would lose their jobs, civilians are not trained in such matters, and citations need to be issued by proper authorities. if i send in a pic, it needs to be reviewed to make sure im not just trolling or wrong.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2017-02-17 at 04:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Yeah, I think most posters here didn't catch the part about it being private property. It's not like someone can walk around downtown and take pictures of every single car that's parked illegally.

Seems less cost effective though I would imagine. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just pay someone $10/hr to go around and write up tickets? Perhaps the pay rate for that job is higher though. I guess they're more so looking at smaller businesses and maybe 20-30 parking spots, not like a mall or something with hundreds of cars. I guess that makes sense.
    You bet it would. I can go find multiple cars to ticket inside one hour.