10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post

Nintendo needs to keep pushing for RPG/JRPG's, this and the Octopath Traveler both look really interesting.
    The music in that trailer is beautiful. Assuming its in game music? Also games kinda pretty, though I have heard it gets aesthetically boring because the whole game is snow. Might pick it up when its under 30 dollars. Not paying full price for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    How many rational people actually think that it would have. I always thought the ES games looked like shit to begin with. But to play it on the go will be nice regardless of the graphical downgrade. That is the big draw of the system. You can play console type games on the go. Most rational people understand you will not have XB1/PS4 graphics in the Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Man handheld D3.

- - - Updated - - -

If they developed 4 versions, it will be a downgraded version of the PS4 version. I mean DQ Heroes looks pretty good on it.
    I mean its not exactly a huge downgrade. Its still better than the OG pc version. Impressive. Very impressive for a handheld. I know they market it as a home console, but im buying it to use as a handheld, as will most Japan users. Might not do well in the mass market, but it looks like a wonderful little system to me. I cant see the Switch doing worse than the WiiU. Worst case scenario I can imagine is 30m units over 5 years. That would be terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    https://vid.me/oQkO UI

No idea how long this lasts before/if it gets taken down.
    Very nice UI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    LOL

it only comes with 25.9gb of memory, so after the updates you lose 7gb of memory from the 32 total wut

also 480P RESOLUTION WUT
    We know what resolutions it supports. That meant nothing. If anything, maybe they will run certain games at 480 up-scaled? Who knows. How bad would a 480 game upscaled to 1080 look?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    from those vids its really looking like the app is pretty much optional for most things. why nintendo couldnt just tell us this in the first place who the fuck knows
    Where did you get that idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

Where did you get that idea?
    the switch has its own wifi settings, you dont need the app for parental controls, ect
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    the switch has its own wifi settings, you dont need the app for parental controls, ect
    We knew that a while ago though right?

The app's parental controls can still be useful when you don't have direct access to the Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Taken from screenshots of stills from the OS video:

10+ Year Old Account
    If the app is just for mobile gaming/optional I have no problem with it. If that app is just a open it up and sit your phone down, I can deal with it, but its still stupid. If that app is required for menus etc ill be very annoyed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    The app's parental controls can still be useful when you don't have direct access to the Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine is broken.

- - - Updated - - -

im not debating its usefulness. the app is useful, the app being required would be dumb
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

If the app is just for mobile gaming/optional I have no problem with it. If that app is just a open it up and sit your phone down, I can deal with it, but its still stupid. If that app is required for menus etc ill be very annoyed.
    The App is required in order to use social features like chat with your friends....

That alone makes it stupid as fuck, anything else is icing on the cake.

The original fucken Xbox had built in voice chat ffs...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post

edit: john beat me to it, use his video instead.
    Don't turn it on. Take it apart .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Don't turn it on. Take it apart .
    Like others have said, I guess you cant really see whats in it that way. Idk how long it will take to get clock speeds etc after launch?

- - - Updated - - -

Video comparing launch years of WiiU and Switch. Switch imo has a weaker launch month, but light years better support for the coming year than the WiiU got. Not saying Switch launch is great, just saying its much better than WiiU. I think the fact that Switch can be a mobile system, means third party ports will sell better. Skyrim again may sound meh, but portable skyrim sounds cool etc.

Video comparing launch years of WiiU and Switch. Switch imo has a weaker launch month, but light years better support for the coming year than the WiiU got. Not saying Switch launch is great, just saying its much better than WiiU. I think the fact that Switch can be a mobile system, means third party ports will sell better. Skyrim again may sound meh, but portable skyrim sounds cool etc.
    2 of the games are Wii U ports.

Takes out Zelda and MK8 and compare lol... In that situation the Wii U launch year obliterates the Switch. Hell even with counting both, I still like the Wii U launch year a tad more.

The problem with the Wii U launch year was that all the good games besides NSMBU came in the last 4 months of said year with Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Super Mario 3D World and WWHD. There was a dreadful drought between launch and late summer.

Nintendo seems to be spacing out the Switch lineup better, but the actual launch date is hot garbage, like all Nintendo launches ever besides the Gamecube.

Oh and the Wii U had better 3rd party support in it's launch year then the Switch does. JS. We keep magically trying to praise the Switch for magical 3rd party support that I don't see...
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-02-17 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Oh and the Wii U had better 3rd party support in it's launch year then the Switch does. JS. We keep magically trying to praise the Switch for magical 3rd party support that I don't see...
    There are quite a few 3rd party games on those lists, just not major/AAA 3rd party.

Let me put it that way, if Nintendo (magically) would manage to put up a decent way to support and pay indis, then we might actually finally have a place where all the 2D sidescroller garbage makes sense. I'm not exactly holding my breath though .
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-02-17 at 07:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Does anyone know where I can order the darn thing, it's like sold out EVERYWHERE. I won't be able to get it for like a week, but still.
    It's pretty much sold out. Most likely you have to wait for some weeks/months before supply stabilizes if you haven't preordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It's pretty much sold out. Most likely you have to wait for some weeks/months before supply stabilizes if you haven't preordered.
    some stores kept few consoles ''out of perorder'' in order to have limited stock for those who didnt preorder.

my local GS got 5 consoles up for grabs if you're one of the first there W/O preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    some stores kept few consoles ''out of perorder'' in order to have limited stock for those who didnt preorder.

my local GS got 5 consoles up for grabs if you're one of the first there W/O preorder.
    Every retail store will have extra, it might even last well into the day.

People don't understand soldout preorders does not = sold out. Every Best Buy and Walmart in major markets will probably have 30+ for walk ins.

The Wii U and Xbox One both had sold out preorders yet where able to be bought walk in. Even the PS4 was to a much lesser degree and the PS4 was couldn't even meet demand for months after launch yet had walk in units available on launch day.

TLDR: Get to a best buy, target or walmart early and you can probably get one easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Meanwhile at Sony (Yes, this is real)

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post

Been hearing the controllers aren't detachable, but it would have focused on rumble.

- - - Updated - - -

Just as a heads up, BotW Wii U version has been leaked. Be careful, especially if you are trying to avoid spoilers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post

Not to be that guy but Source? I haven't seen it on any sites yet.

EDIT: After some digging its a from Japanese Patent from 2015. Likely abandoned or very different by now.
    Last edited by OGXanos; 2017-02-17 at 05:38 PM.

Just as a heads up, BotW Wii U version has been leaked. Be careful, especially if you are trying to avoid spoilers.
    The Switch version is leaked to, people just don't have Switch's to play it on.

It's not hard to get hard copies 2 weeks early.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account