Warcraft on Twitch

In MoP I would go to twitch and click on WoW (which was one of the top games on twitch at the time) and it would be page after page of people streaming arena and RBG.

This morning I go to twitch and click on WoW and there is barely anyone doing PvP, it's all heroic this and mythic that.

What caused this shift in who is streaming WoW on twitch / what type of gameplay they are streaming?
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    What caused this shift in who is streaming WoW on twitch / what type of gameplay they are streaming?
    The game changed.
    People changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    The game changed.
    People changed.
    Yes obviously, but what specifically?
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

People don't want to watch people playing WoW anymore. (Unless it's high end Mythic progression.) Games like League and Overwatch are way more popular on twitch these days. It's just a shift that happened with gaming trends in the last five years.

Deleted
    For the game, you'd have to read patchnotes from whenever you left and up to now.
    For the people, I guess it's just not as fun or interesting as it used to. Which is probably related to the above mentioned changes.

Multiple things:

Sodapoppin stopped playing
    Reckful banned
    Other top players unsubbing

etc etc etc

I used to watch Elise on twitch... by used to, i meant like twice. Tits weren't big enough in the little box to keep my attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I'm surprised people want to watch PvE, it's sort of boring.

Well, I used to watch some PvP streams, but not so much anymore. I'm not even sure why. Maybe I've changed and don't think it's fun to watch people play? (I don't watch sports after all). Maybe it's the streamers? Some of them are annoying, others aren't so entertaining. Though I think PShero has improved The downtime in between queues? Fewer PvPers in WoW > fewer in the audience?

In short, no idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Multiple things:

Sodapoppin stopped playing
    Reckful banned
    Other top players unsubbing

etc etc etc
    Even among those that stayed, even players like Cdew stream more PvE than PvP these days.

― Douglas Adams

pvp is currently in the worst/most boring state it has ever been > hardly anyone streams/watches wow pvp

7+ Year Old Account
    Theres not nearly the quality around that there used to be.

You get the occasional diamond in the rough making youtube vids, like Screwface (dude is goddamned hilarious), but generally like others have said, most of the competative PvP streaming type folks have just moved on to other things.

You are checking at the wrong time. Xaryu, Cdew, Snutz, Vanguards, etc. all stream later in the day

Its raid or die now, the huge pvp scene isn't there anymore so neither is the audience. If folks want to stream something that gets the views they want they will go with Overwatch or something instead. You can only have the same pillar hugging videos for so many years before people get bored and if the players themselves aren't enjoying pvp that only compounds it and every former pvp fanatic i know has dropped the game altogether in recent months in favour of something else which suggests pvp itself isn't in a healthy state and who wants to watch that?

The change seems to have happened with Legion. That is to say, although viewers for wow have been declining steadily for years, the switch from primarily pvp streams to pve streams happened in Legion. I think this is due to the constant growth in character power and constant new content. Legendaries and artifact power make it likely the person you are watching has something you don't so it's more interesting to watch how they perform. Also mythic plus and lots of new raids keep viewers entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    The change seems to have happened with Legion. That is to say, although viewers for wow have been declining steadily for years, the switch from primarily pvp streams to pve streams happened in Legion. I think this is due to the constant growth in character power and constant new content. Legendaries and artifact power make it likely the person you are watching has something you don't so it's more interesting to watch how they perform. Also mythic plus and lots of new raids keep viewers entertained.
    I'm guessing it suits viewer interaction better as well. You can do m+ with keys from the viewers, organize raids etc. People get to participate and playing WoW is a lot more fun than watching WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arena has become incredibly shallow and boring. Thus it has become very boring and repetitive to watch. PvE has also been done pretty well this expansion with mythic dungeons. That combined with that surfer dude guy (completely forgot his name..) who used to play and make D3 vids who's become pretty big doing solely high end PvE has changed the section to attract more PvE players.