Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

110 Boost - the decline of the Legion lvl xperience

after 4 toons finalized 5-6h 100-110 is emotionally impossible: i still have PTSD from the 1. Broken Isles experience, bzzd narrative, map design and gatez r just 2 Disney 2 endure a 5. time

remember DS2 Intro: over and over again. no fkn way (Ng+7 55h game over). 110 boost/xpiration date ftw.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm literally 1 hour away from my 12th and last 110. Never had a problem with that, maybe because you get use to constant questing with World Quests and I planned when I will level each character. When you know all paths Valsharah, Azsuna and Highmountain main quests take around 1.5 each, only Stormheim take longer. And every toon have different intro, class campaign, artifact, profession. Overall it is far better that it was even in Warlords (before trick with pot of course).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You what?

Honestly yes it gets a bit boring the third time through or so, and I'd love an option to skip it, but is that a necessity? Not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    after 4 toons finalized 5-6h 100-110 is emotionally impossible: i still have PTSD from the 1. Broken Isles experience, bzzd narrative, map design and gatez r just 2 Disney 2 endure a 5. time

remember DS2 Intro: over and over again. no fkn way (Ng+7 55h game over). 110 boost/xpiration date ftw.
    Oh stop that whining, the leveling is quite smooth, not as easy/babysitting/sleep mode as WoD, but quite smooth with a good average speed as it should be fitting. There's always the finalized answer, you don't have to get a 5th time.

But leveling is at least more than just 1 hour of farming as WoD ended up being. Hoping a 110 boost won't be available till the end patch/crossover, or even not until next expansion.

And stop flailing your arms with the whole "PTSD" whine, it's old and a bullshit connection to a game. Doesn't sound like you are the right material to be an altoholic, if you aren't even able to do easy leveling like this. Can be tiresome over time, but there's that one advice I mentioned, "You don't have to".
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Don't assume that the game will suddenly become fun with a certain alt. It won't.

Deleted

The thread title said something about leveling, but I can't decipher the message you are trying to convey here.

Are you okay? Like, really, might wanna lay off the pain meds a bit.

WoD was substantially better in that it didn't force you to finish stories in every zone for every character so there was plenty on your third or fourth that was still new for you to see.

Also zone design was just so SO much better it's insane. The only zone that had a lot of verticality was Nagrand and even that was only one part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

This expansion has been by far one of the easiest leveling experiences. Choose where you want to go, and when rather than being required to follow the exact same path every single time. Sure being an alt and playing catch up is a little more annoying now because of the artifact, but once flying hits in 7.2, it's only going to be quicker/easier to go 100-110.

Otherwise, I have no idea what your post really even meant.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    The thread title said something about leveling, but I can't decipher the message you are trying to convey here.
    Something about OP don't want to level more toons because he think the leveling experience is bad. Something like that.

I did level 100-110 twice before Legion was even released (alpha yay) and have done it live with 4 or 5 toons now- so basically 6-7 times.
    I have never been a fan of leveling, however I do enjoy the Legion approach. Pick a zone, and when you are done, pick another. I do understand that it hurts the narrative, but I do think it still works pretty well. Overall I'm happy with the leveling experience.
    Anyways - its quickly done...

I hit zone 1, do a couple quests, go back to hub and get starter question for next zone, rinse and repeat. Queue for dungeons and BGs while doing all of that and you'll have FPs all over for when you ding 110 to do WQs. At that point, if you wish to quest, you get more yay for your buck.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Was the OP in English? I feel so old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    WoD was substantially better in that it didn't force you to finish stories in every zone for every character so there was plenty on your third or fourth that was still new for you to see.

Also zone design was just so SO much better it's insane. The only zone that had a lot of verticality was Nagrand and even that was only one part of it.
    You don't have to finish the zones on your alts. You can just talk to another zone if you want and start that one without finishing your old zone.

I leveled my main in the first 12-14 hours of launch. Haven't touched an alt since WoD; The leveling process sucks the life out of me i hate it now. I will just end up boosting my 6 alts to 110 once it's available.

Leveling sucked since they removed dungeon spamming from being viable. Legion is worse than WoD, Valsharrah is the only bearable zone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Leveling sucked since they removed dungeon spamming from being viable. Legion is worse than WoD, Valsharrah is the only bearable zone.
    It's so difficult to know what people want these days, I was told dungeon spamming destroyed the leveling experience, or maybe that was just the view of the vanilla enthusiasts!

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP What is this... I don't even...
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    This expansion has been by far one of the easiest leveling experiences. Choose where you want to go, and when rather than being required to follow the exact same path every single time. Sure being an alt and playing catch up is a little more annoying now because of the artifact, but once flying hits in 7.2, it's only going to be quicker/easier to go 100-110.

Otherwise, I have no idea what your post really even meant.
    Uhh.. you're given the illusion of choice, however you must go to all zones and they all have the same story.. all you do is decide which order to complete them in. It makes zero difference

10+ Year Old Account

Try writing in English next time.

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Uhh.. you're given the illusion of choice, however you must go to all zones and they all have the same story.. all you do is decide which order to complete them in. It makes zero difference
    I still find it better than following the same exact path 7-10 times in a row. Illusion or not, it gives you more choice than in the past where it's follow this line. You still follow a line, but you can choose how you want to do it.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||