Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is it too late to reroll from scratch if you're a raider?

I'd like to reroll a Druid, but he is still only 101. I can get him to 110 in about a week but I fear his lack of AP and legendaries is going to severely gank him in competition for a healer spot in NH raiding guilds.

I work 60 hours a week, so don't really have time to play that often and worry that I might just fall even more behind if I choose to ditch my current main who has 49 traits in weapon as well as 3 legendaries.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I'd like to reroll a Druid, but he is still only 101. I can get him to 110 in about a week but I fear his lack of AP and legendaries is going to severely gank him in competition for a healer spot in NH raiding guilds.

I work 60 hours a week, so don't really have time to play that often and worry that I might just fall even more behind if I choose to ditch my current main who has 49 traits in weapon as well as 3 legendaries.
    If you expect to get a spot as easily as your current toon, lolno, but if you're willing to redo the gearing process it doesn't take long.
    Once you get to AK25 you catch up with weapons really quickly, and apart from that it's up to how much you can run to catch up to where you're appealing to other people.
    Will you be competitive? Depends on the difficulty, but you'll be relevant until heroic elisande or so with ~870 ilvl 25 points in your weapon.

And is getting carried an option? Can your guild do lower NH with your alt/reroll and then swap when content gets rough? What's your current progression? Are you guilded/guildless?
    Last edited by Effenz; 2017-02-17 at 05:16 PM.

You can get to 35 really quickly which is the most important thing.

Deleted

"if you're a raider" doesn't really say very much about your ambitions to be honest.
    If you're aiming to get into the NH Mythic progression guilds (i.e. top server / top region), then forget about it, you're 3 months too late. That train left the station - aim for next tier instead.

But if casual progression is your thing, then why the hell not - no one will care if you're bit behind, most of the guilds in that bracket are struggling to fill rosters anyhow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    "if you're a raider" doesn't really say very much about your ambitions to be honest.
    If you're aiming to get into the NH Mythic progression guilds (i.e. top server / top region), then forget about it, you're 3 months too late. That train left the station - aim for next tier instead.

But if casual progression is your thing, then why the hell not - no one will care if you're bit behind, most of the guilds in that bracket are struggling to fill rosters anyhow.
    Tue. I definitely have no plans or time to join a hardcore Mythic guild. It would have to be a casual Heroic that will maybe start doing M NH in a month or so.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Tue. I definitely have no plans or time to join a hardcore Mythic guild. It would have to be a casual Heroic that will maybe start doing M NH in a month or so.
    As long as you're not looking to push hardcore Mythic, you can likely get away with a re-roll. AK will be going above 25 in 7.2 so getting an alt to that point will be important moving forward, as well.

As a healer? For sure, since those people running content would love to have a healer and should be doing "the right things" anyways, the heal curve is lower (since you said not hardcore mythic raiding).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not too late. I rolled a DH last week and its 852 with minimal effort already. The most annoying part was finishing the order hall campaign due to the follower missions. Its just an alt, so I really haven't played it that much and with the AK catch up its already at 31 traits. If you really rerolled and put in the effort, I'm sure you could already be NH ready with at least your 34th trait activated in a week as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    With 60 hour work week I think WoW should not even be on your plate.

Deleted
    Yeah in that case you'll be just fine. I'm in a casual HC guild, we have people switching alts/mains every week and it's not a huge problem.

10+ Year Old Account

Let me put it this way. I leveled a druid alt and casually geared it (meaning some mythic runs to get up to 830 (carried by the guild to help me out), then a few mythics and a very few low-level M+ here and there, LFR, WQs. No heroic EN/TOV or normal NH yet. She has 35 points in resto, 33 in balance. ilevel of 862. Would be 869 if I'd not screwed up and run out of resources to research the 2nd leg thing. Yes, I have 2 legendaries. Time at 110? 3.5 days played.

The real issue will be whether you can get some folks to help get over that initial gearing from freshly dinged to 820-30 where you can a) do heroics and some mythics and b) your WQ gear drops become relevant too.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-02-17 at 06:04 PM.

I just recently rerolled, here are my experiences so far:

My old main (Hunter) was Ilvl 896 and I stopped raiding with my team (team fell apart) during Mythic ToV progression.
    Went casual/afk for a while and decided to come back about a week ago and roll DH.

Did all of the following in 7 days solo/pugging
    -Dinged 110 on Demon Hunter, main spec Havoc (Dps) 2/10/17 (7 days ago)
    -My CURRENT Ilvl is 876 with best parsing gear.
    -Dropped about 200k~ on BoE's/Crafted/Obliterum the first day.
    -Boosted to AK 20 I think from main
    -I've run every LFR twice, 2 full clears of EN Normal (Pug), 1 full clear of Heroic EN (Pug), 2 full Karazhan clears (Pug) Groups for ToV seem hard to find, and I want to research a bit more about Nighthold before I commit myself to attempting a full run this week at my ilvl.
    -Mythic Dungeons I've only run standard mythic once per, due to the gear quickly becoming irrelevant
    -Mythic + I've sadly only been able to find groups mostly from the 2~5 range due to ilvl stigma, but have been 3 chesting 99% of them.
    -Noted the obvious more efficient method of tanking most of the early Mythic+s due to ilvl stigma, all of which are pugged.
    -Received my first Legendary 4 days in to lvl 100, the blur heal chest . Dropped from Xavius Heroic, with about 40~ raid bosses under my belt at that point if i had to guess. (LFR/Normals/Heroics.)
    -Currently Artifact level 34 with 35 soon.

Comments:

The ilvl Stigma is real, and it's bullshit for the content you're facing at those levels. After applying to dozens and dozens of Heroic ENs at the 865 range I finally got in a full clear. The Heroic EN that I cleared, I was ilvl 867 at the time, and even though I linked Cutting Edge Xavius I was initially declined. After linking the guy Cutting Edge he responds "Sorry we already have a carry " I was irritated at this time and made the wager "Man, this is old content I've done a million times. I bet you I'll out damage several people in your speed clear group." He invited me whispering "Ok man, just keep your head down." It ended up being a really fun run; most fights I hovered around the 4th/5th, with one with in 2nd place (Cenarius I think) dps spot with a so called "speed clear" guild group. Completely destroyed the leader in damage; doubling or trippling it at times, even though he was about 10~ ilvls higher with 2 legendaries.

I know people like the fast easy runs of 900 ilvl spanking Heroic EN for AP/Legs, but it was never so hard to find a group linking a 7/7 Mythic achievement every time for that run. But the moral of my rant is that that one Heroic EN was amazing for upgrades and pushed me about 8 ilvls. Doing this all solo is a pain in the ass, so if you already have a guild, you should be set.

Oh I also have class 5 days a week with homework that in entails, + gf, dog, friends. Sooooo,.. go for it!

We powerleveled a new healer to 866 in about a week or two after he hit 110. By carrying him non-stop through mythic+ and dragging him along raids he has two legendaries now as well.

If you have the full cooperation of your guild, it will be fast.

But I will say we all did this because we're short on healers and this was a main. People gave up their spot on a mythic run to let him in as soon as he logged on.
    We wouldn't have done this for just an alt or for someone's reroll. That's on the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulatica View Post
    I just recently rerolled, here are my experiences so far:

My old main (Hunter) was Ilvl 896 and I stopped raiding with my team (team fell apart) during Mythic ToV progression.
    Went casual/afk for a while and decided to come back about a week ago and roll DH.

Did all of the following in 7 days solo/pugging
    -Dinged 110 on Demon Hunter, main spec Havoc (Dps) 2/10/17 (7 days ago)
    -My CURRENT Ilvl is 876 with best parsing gear.
    -Dropped about 200k~ on BoE's/Crafted/Obliterum the first day.
    -Boosted to AK 20 I think from main
    -I've run every LFR twice, 2 full clears of EN Normal (Pug), 1 full clear of Heroic EN (Pug), 2 full Karazhan clears (Pug) Groups for ToV seem hard to find, and I want to research a bit more about Nighthold before I commit myself to attempting a full run this week at my ilvl.
    -Mythic Dungeons I've only run standard mythic once per, due to the gear quickly becoming irrelevant
    -Mythic + I've sadly only been able to find groups mostly from the 2~5 range due to ilvl stigma, but have been 3 chesting 99% of them.
    -Noted the obvious more efficient method of tanking most of the early Mythic+s due to ilvl stigma, all of which are pugged.
    -Received my first Legendary 4 days in to lvl 100, the blur heal chest . Dropped from Xavius Heroic, with about 40~ raid bosses under my belt at that point if i had to guess. (LFR/Normals/Heroics.)
    -Currently Artifact level 34 with 35 soon.

Comments:

The ilvl Stigma is real, and it's bullshit for the content you're facing at those levels. After applying to dozens and dozens of Heroic ENs at the 865 range I finally got in a full clear. The Heroic EN that I cleared, I was ilvl 867 at the time, and even though I linked Cutting Edge Xavius I was initially declined. After linking the guy Cutting Edge he responds "Sorry we already have a carry " I was irritated at this time and made the wager "Man, this is old content I've done a million times. I bet you I'll out damage several people in your speed clear group." He invited me whispering "Ok man, just keep your head down." It ended up being a really fun run; most fights I hovered around the 4th/5th, with one with in 2nd place (Cenarius I think) dps spot with a so called "speed clear" guild group. Completely destroyed the leader in damage; doubling or trippling it at times, even though he was about 10~ ilvls higher with 2 legendaries.

I know people like the fast easy runs of 900 ilvl spanking Heroic EN for AP/Legs, but it was never so hard to find a group linking a 7/7 Mythic achievement every time for that run. But the moral of my rant is that that one Heroic EN was amazing for upgrades and pushed me about 8 ilvls. Doing this all solo is a pain in the ass, so if you already have a guild, you should be set.

Oh I also have class 5 days a week with homework that in entails, + gf, dog, friends. Sooooo,.. go for it!

your all doing this wrong...
    For starters Buy your crafted 865 obilterating upgrading gear or make it.
    2nd if you have a legendary you will be way higher item lvl then 865
    3rd Upgrade your weapons item lvl by adding in the relics runes or what ever you call em
    At the least you should be 870-873 by this time.
    This amount of time takes less then a day.
    then do your mythic +keystone dungeon runs over and over and over again if ur dps/heals u can prob do mythic +7 on that item lvl. If your tank well good luck.

Ofc it's. According to this forum it's too late to reroll on the second week after Legion launch :V

On a bit more serious note, if you're a raider, and by raider I mean you're in raiding guild, rerolling is never too late, and it's actually quite easy. I have a friend of mine who rerolled from DH to Warr a bit less than 1 week ago, he's already progressing through NH H on his new warr :P

Obviously I'm not talking about mythic raiding, it's more time consuming, but not impossible.

This is one of my problems with this expansion.. Re-rolling is a nightmare (hell even changing specs can be terrible) Im a 897ilvl (equipped) Outlaw rogues with 6 legendaries (non BiS) and even the prospect of switching to assassination is horrendous (and I hate the spec). Been considering switching up the character but that sounds just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    You can get to 35 really quickly which is the most important thing.
    Most guilds(I'd say around 95%) doing Mythic progression won't even look at you if you're not at least 50 points in your Artifact by now AND have 2 Legendaries equipped. Sad to say, but it is too late if you care about Mythic Raiding. This expansion has taken many wrong turns with isolating players and making them feel stuck. The blue post from yesterday regarding AP makes it more and more obvious how disconnected the Devs are to the actual playerbase.

Too late for Nighthold, but if your goal is to be ready for Tomb of Sargeras then now is the perfect time to reroll. As long as you can get to AK 25 and 35 artifact traits you will be just as progressed as everyone else once 7.2 rolls around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Rerolling is a piece of fricken cake in this expansion if you are looking to get to Normal raid level (maybe lower heroic raid).

Leveling is fast (use Conslegion app to burn through it quickly)

Gearing is fast (between world quests, world bosses, fast Healer queue's, LFR, and Mythic+ theres tons of options to gear up insanely fast.

AP comes quickly with the catch up mechanics in place (instant AK20 and accelerated AK25) and don't let people BS you about needing 54 in your weapon, for the level of raiding you're talking about, you are golden (pun intended) when you hit 35 ranks.

2-3 weeks (with your work schedule) and you should be good to go into more casual Nighthold content.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Most guilds(I'd say around 95%) doing Mythic progression won't even look at you if you're not at least 50 points in your Artifact by now AND have 2 Legendaries equipped. Sad to say, but it is too late if you care about Mythic Raiding. This expansion has taken many wrong turns with isolating players and making them feel stuck. The blue post from yesterday regarding AP makes it more and more obvious how disconnected the Devs are to the actual playerbase.
    Yeah but those guilds wouldnt have looked at fresh rerolls in any expansion prior so...