Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Erhm, Crash has a story?
    A hilarious one yes. What I meant is I want a new game, not a reskin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    A hilarious one yes. What I meant is I want a new game, not a reskin.
    There hasn't been a new game because the game basically died and just continued to make spin offs. This remake is to re light the fire so to speak in old gamers but mainly the new generation of gamers if it goes over well in both groups, which it most likely will considering ratchet and clank, it'll probably get a new game.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There hasn't been a new game because the game basically died and just continued to make spin offs. This remake is to re light the fire so to speak in old gamers but mainly the new generation of gamers if it goes over well in both groups, which it most likely will considering ratchet and clank, it'll probably get a new game.
    Yeah I'm hoping. I have no problem with the HD remake it's just not worth the purchase for me, I still have the originals. I will buy a sequel in a heart beat though. I love crash dearly it is 1 of my favorite games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Yeah I'm hoping. I have no problem with the HD remake it's just not worth the purchase for me, I still have the originals. I will buy a sequel in a heart beat though. I love crash dearly it is 1 of my favorite games.
    Yeah like I said. This remaster is probably to test the waters. Especially after crap like Crash of the Titans and the recent mediocrity of the franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought it on release, and I've got to say that I'm having a blast playing some Crash Bandicoot again (despite being absolute shit at it).
    Having just finished the original and moving on to the second game, I just realised that I never actually played the second game, only 1&3. not a fan of the ice so far.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/03/crash-...harts-6751088/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ch-of-the-year

Forgot I made this thread.

But good UK sales point to good signs so far. Me personally I'm having a blast playing through the remaster. Now just gotta pray for a CTR Remaster .

10+ Year Old Account
    a nice move but it's disappointing to have such a different rendering, I loved the colors on ps1, I'm not getting it in this synthetic remaster. considering the past of the developer of this remake, I had no hope anyway, but it's still nice to have it

People who claim they want a new game don't really understand what they want.

You do not, I repeat do not want Activision controlling the entire vision of a new Crash game. It's going to happen based off those sales but it's not going to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    People who claim they want a new game don't really understand what they want.

You do not, I repeat do not want Activision controlling the entire vision of a new Crash game. It's going to happen based off those sales but it's not going to be good.
    Honestly I'd give them the benefit of the doubt but be very wary. Just my 2 cents. I'd really love to see a revival of Crash as well as Spyro and apparently there is a tiny Easter Egg in N Sane related to the Spyro Demo code for Crash 3.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/07/...agon-remaster/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mitchwa.../#7b5c03589dd2

If memory serves me Uncharted 4 hinted at the Crash Remaster when it had the Boulders level Easter Egg. Maybe it's being overplayed but why leave the code in on a Remaster?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-03 at 11:48 PM.

Any of you NOT play the original game, and pick up the trilogy? How did you like it? Asking as someone who never played the originals.

10+ Year Old Account
    The remaster looks a bit ugly to me

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Any of you NOT play the original game, and pick up the trilogy? How did you like it? Asking as someone who never played the originals.
    Might be hard pressed to find someone. Crash was a big deal for kids growing up in the 90s along with Spyro and a lot of PS1/N64 games. For me in the 90s my top 3 were Sonic, Crash and Croc when it came to platforming.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually bought this and ive been having a blast. Crash 2 and 3 are a couple of my fav PS1 games.

I bought it and I must say they did an awesome job it's everything I remember and more.
    I love the tiny things they changed it works out for the better (for example Tawna getting picked up by cortex at the end of a bonus stage in Crash 1 instead of just standing there like a goof xD ) and they adjusted Crash 1 so its a little bit more forgiving, you can actually see how many crates you picked up and don't lose progress for a clear gem if you die.

I just finished collecting all 42 gems in Crash 2 and moving on to Warped for now, will come back for the damn time trials

And if they are releasing a new game based on this game sales I give Vicarious Visions the benefit of the doubt, in my opinion they made some good Crash games before Like Crash Nitro Cart.

I also hope they give the same treatment to the Spyro Trilogy
    Last edited by Lycanhero; 2017-07-04 at 07:13 AM.

Signature made by Hinoto.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/20/16...aughty-dog-ps4

Stormy Ascent DLC FREE for 30 days.
    I purchased it but no download started. Do I not need to download anything?

I purchased it but no download started. Do I not need to download anything?
    It'll be in the game.

Be warned though it is hard as hell.

Crash Souls basically.

It'll be in the game.

Be warned though it is hard as hell.

Crash Souls basically.
    Everyone keeps saying this is the hardest game ever. It's not. People don't know how much they made this easier than crash 1. You couldn't retry bonus stages in crash 1 if you failed and the only way to save was to make an input password and if you forgot or lost it you would have too start all over

Everyone keeps saying this is the hardest game ever. It's not. People don't know how much they made this easier than crash 1. You couldn't retry bonus stages in crash 1 if you failed and the only way to save was to make an input password and if you forgot or lost it you would have too start all over
    Well devs did admit they made the platforming harder. But Stormy Ascent was basically cut from Crash 1 because it was a harder version of Slippery Climb.

I maintain what I said. This level is actually quite hard. Both on PS1 and PS4.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-21 at 03:45 PM.

Well devs did admit they made the platforming harder. But Stormy Ascent was basically cut from Crash 1 because it was a harder version of Slippery Climb.

I maintain what I said. This level is actually quite hard. Both on PS1 and PS4.
    They never said that. They said they changed the controls. Which if you just played crash 1 yes they would be harder but it takes 10 minutes to get use to it.