Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    So you concede that thiomersal is awful? You do realize why they stopped using thiomersal right?

Thiomersal isn't a vaccine, you're strawmanning
    Thiomersal has never been proven to cause any sort of neurological problems, and it was removed from vaccines as a precautionary measure, not because it was "terrible". On the contrary the consensus is that it is harmless, and court claims were thrown out as there were no demonstrable links found between Thiomersal and autism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiomersal_controversy

So you concede that thiomersal is awful? You do realize why they stopped using thiomersal right?
    Because irrational people wield an unfortunately large amount of influence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

All actions come with risk. You take a risk everytime you stand up in a bathtub or cross the street.

If a vaccine's benefits outweigh the risks, it should be utilized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Anti-vaccination fads and movements are relatively recent phenomenon.
    Nope. Been with us since vaccines were first introduced.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

- - - Updated - - -

Thiomersal isn't a vaccine, you're strawmanning
    No I don't concede that Thimerosal is awful. It's a preservative. It has never been found to cause more than a rash at the injection site and maybe some swelling in most humans. A very rare group of people did have an allergic reaction to it. In some animal testing, there were some results where the animal had central nervous system problems, coma's and death. Again those were in animals. Those reactions were never produced in humans.

Also the vaccines for MMR, polio, chicken pox and pneumonia were never made with thimerosal. And studies before and after the removal of thimerosal actually indicated that cases of autism climbed after its removal.

Angry Lean history please

Anti-vaccination fads and movements are relatively recent phenomenon. Legislation wasn't needed because people either experienced and witnessed the effectiveness of vaccination programs or because they accepted the authority of the scientific and medical community.
    I hear this pizzle all the time. "Anti-vaccination fads" as you call it is two centuries old.

Its been going on since the 1800s. From the start of mandatory vaccinations where people saw that people were being killed and maimed
    by vaccines.

This is basic information available to anyone who actually researches instead of listening to the same tired "safe and effective" mantra from the MSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher100 View Post
    people were being killed and maimed
    by vaccines.
    Bull.Fucking.Shit.

[QUOTE=Mihalik;44629975]Thiomersal has never been proven to cause any sort of neurological problems, and it was removed from vaccines as a precautionary measure, not because it was "terrible". On the contrary the consensus is that it is harmless, and court claims were thrown out as there were no demonstrable links found between Thiomersal and autism.

First of all, Wikipedia is not a source.

Secondly, Thiomersal is still in 3 vaccines including the yearly flu vaccine. Please do research before posting.

Thirdly, if you're still not convinced why not take them up on their 100K challenge?

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you using profanity? Do you have any proof that refutes my statement?

Deleted
    Ignorant fucks who spew their ignorant opinions on subjects and matters of which they have zero fucking knowledge or insight. I'll much prefer to trust actual doctors and scientists who's work it is to make these vaccines than some random idiot whos knowledge of medical science comes from Googling.
    They're so fucking dumb that they're trying to act smart by asking for evidence against their own assumptions, when the burden of evidence should lie with them. THEY, should prove that they ARENT safe. But they fucking can't.

They're so fucking dumb that they can't even see the immense progress vaccines have meant and the hundreds of thousands of lives they've saved by PRACTICALLY ERADICATING some viruses and diseases from western countries.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2017-02-17 at 09:08 PM.

Anti-vaxxers are the same group that cry conspiracy when you mention adding fluoride into the public water system.

Bull.Fucking.Shit.

Since I just registered it won't allow me to post links yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The question is if you have any proof that supports your statement.
    I'm a new user so I'm not allowed to post any links yet.

Google the quote: "Rally of the Anti-Vaccination League of Canada"

And you will see the proof. Its too bad millennials don't do their own research.

- - - Updated - - -

The question is if you have any proof that supports your statement.

And you will see the proof. Its too bad millennials don't do their own research.

Since I just registered it won't allow me to post links yet.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Because an anti-vaxxer group wouldn't be biased at all right?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Vaccines are effectively not mandatory right now though and we were doing fine until this recent trend. That would suggest it is how things work and public education combined with a general fear of illness and death are adequate already.
    Except the recent trend suggests that that is not how it works. In fact it proves that complete fabrications can spread like wildfire and ruin our society's herd immunity on a whim.

10+ Year Old Account

Trying to handwave arguments away by blaming "millennials" is probably the most stupid and ill-informed manner of debating I have ever seen recently.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

URLs and links are not the same thing. You should still be able to post URLs.

It's a shame you don't do your own research, I guess, since you asked him for proof the same as I asked you.
    Did you google it or not?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you google it or not?
    It's not his job to provide you with your source. You made the claim, now it's your job to back it up.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

No. I was only asking because as the person who made the claim, you should have supported it in the first place, not demanded someone else prove you wrong.

Wow. Isn't that convenient for you! :-))

I've been having this debate longer than you been on the earth and in that time you vaxtremists haven't made any progress at all with your talking points. Keep working at it. When the nimrod moderators of this website allow me to post links and images I will do so. Until then, prove to everyone that you're not lazy chief.

Thiomersal has never been proven to cause any sort of neurological problems, and it was removed from vaccines as a precautionary measure, not because it was "terrible". On the contrary the consensus is that it is harmless, and court claims were thrown out as there were no demonstrable links found between Thiomersal and autism.

First of all, Wikipedia is not a source.

Secondly, Thiomersal is still in 3 vaccines including the yearly flu vaccine. Please do research before posting.

Thirdly, if you're still not convinced why not take them up on their 100K challenge?

- - - Updated - - -

Because there's no point. There's already enough evidence available, it didn't persuade them. There's no evidence they will accept.

BTW, obtusely calling someone a child isn't an argument. It just makes you look like a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    No vaccine is 100% safe. They don't contain this mercury anymore, but side effects on the vaccines clearly state that it could result in serious complications even death. To pretend they're 100% safe is ridiculous. Vaccines are generally safe, and I have been vaccinated and so have my children. But to pretend like there are no risks is flat-out wrong. This is why I am against straight-up making them mandatory. Incentivize the crap out of them, and encourage people to be vaccinated. But don't make it mandatory. That's not a path I wish to go down...

Why else would the government have made The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, which still sees use today?
    They must be mandatory to ensure herd immunity. Herd immunity requires that 90-95% (depending on the disease) are vaccinated, and we're not getting those numbers if we don't make it mandatory. Herd immunity is important for the few who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons.

Of course vaccines aren't 100% safe, but they're safer, by a far margin, than the diseases they protect us against.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yep, you are more likely exposed to more mercury throughout a standard day, than you will get from any vaccine.
    There's more in a can of tuna.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Isn't that convenient for you! :-))

I've been having this debate longer than you been on the earth and in that time you vaxtremists haven't made any progress at all with your talking points. Keep working at it. When the nimrod moderators of this website allow me to post links and images I will do so. Until then, prove to everyone that you're not lazy chief.

You can't make any progress with someone who has shut themselves off to any common sense. It's why I refuse to debate with conspiracy theorists and the like because there comes a point where you cannot argue with someone who isn't rooted in reality.

Oh and just because you have been making idiotic claims regarding vaccinations longer than "we have been on earth" doesn't suddenly lend it credence and make it not idiotic. I'll trust my education and the overwhelming evidence we have regarding vaccination rather than pander to some senile arm-chair scientists.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)