Page 64 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I think it does. You cant do a whole season of set up for the next season you also need a complete story and give the current season the love and attention it demands. Atm the season feels all over the place and the only way to rein it in is Lucifer and that anti christ kid had more importance and come back. And Lucifer needs to be mark I don't care how it works or breaks lore wouldn't be the first time
    I agree it would be cool, but they need a plausible scenario for him to come out. The breaking of the blood pact could work I suppose, not sure. The Antichrist who would've lost his powers at the end of season 5 only to mysteriously regain them 5 and a half years later could be a factor - maybe he missed his powers, liked them when they came back and is now on a mission to regain them. However he would now be powerless again so that might be tricky. Can't see anybody actually wanting Lucifer out of the Cage. Michael on the other hand........ the Angels could want their leader back, get him out somehow and he turns out to be batshit crazy so Lucifer has to put him down

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I agree it would be cool, but they need a plausible scenario for him to come out. The breaking of the blood pact could work I suppose, not sure. The Antichrist who would've lost his powers at the end of season 5 only to mysteriously regain them 5 and a half years later could be a factor - maybe he missed his powers, liked them when they came back and is now on a mission to regain them. However he would now be powerless again so that might be tricky. Can't see anybody actually wanting Lucifer out of the Cage. Michael on the other hand........ the Angels could want their leader back, get him out somehow and he turns out to be batshit crazy so Lucifer has to put him down
    Nah I mean the new kid he had with the presidential aid. Not alex the kid in aussie. Don't quite understand what the point of that storyline was unless there is more of a end game with the kid. Maybe they solved that problem in the mid season break but it wasnt that long ago and I cant even remember so it cant have been good, which is my point really.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Nah I mean the new kid he had with the presidential aid. Not alex the kid in aussie. Don't quite understand what the point of that storyline was unless there is more of a end game with the kid. Maybe they solved that problem in the mid season break but it wasnt that long ago and I cant even remember so it cant have been good, which is my point really.
    Well we'd need some sort of time skip, unless they grow up fast but yes the kid would definitely want to grow up wondering who daddy was

Yay a good episode! Wouldn't be surprised if the writer of that ep knows someone close to them that has dementia.

As mentioned in the episode the angel baby is still loose

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good kind of old fashioned Supernatural episode. Was is fresh and exciting? No. But was it highly enjoyable with some good Dean humor? You bet your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    British Men of Letters are trying to move into the US, but the only thing on offer is their British form of organization. The boys deciding to Americanize things and be more awesome than the brits are would be totally in keeping with their attitude, reflect well on their integration into the Hunter community, and not really have a "big bad", since the Brits aren't "bad guys", just control freaks who wouldn't have a point to make if the Americans got off their asses and handled their own shit.
    The whole British thing is, in my opinion, a poor storyline. Her monologue about how there hasn't been a death in Britain since 1965 annoyed me. America is over 40 times the size of Britain (94,060 sq miles vs 3.797 million sq miles); what works over there can't work over here. There are too many points of entry (including two of the largest land borders in the world) and too much open space to cover with the hunters available, even if they spent decades training more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The whole British thing is, in my opinion, a poor storyline. Her monologue about how there hasn't been a death in Britain since 1965 annoyed me. America is over 40 times the size of Britain (94,060 sq miles vs 3.797 million sq miles); what works over there can't work over here. There are too many points of entry (including two of the largest land borders in the world) and too much open space to cover with the hunters available, even if they spent decades training more.
    It's not NECESSARILY a bad storyline, but they started it, and then dropped it completely before it went anywhere.

The right way to go would be the British folks trying to do the same stuff that worked in the UK, and failing terribly, and seeing resistance from the loner hunters, while the boys quietly organized a resistance that basically did what they wanted to accomplish, but in a uniquely American way (independent cells that stay in communication, not much different from how they already run).

Also, the brits getting their arses HANDED to them by the crazy shit in the Americas, which beats the pants off the occasional vamp they've had to deal with back home.

But they stopped short of ANY of that.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's not NECESSARILY a bad storyline, but they started it, and then dropped it completely before it went anywhere.

The right way to go would be the British folks trying to do the same stuff that worked in the UK, and failing terribly, and seeing resistance from the loner hunters, while the boys quietly organized a resistance that basically did what they wanted to accomplish, but in a uniquely American way (independent cells that stay in communication, not much different from how they already run).

Also, the brits getting their arses HANDED to them by the crazy shit in the Americas, which beats the pants off the occasional vamp they've had to deal with back home.

But they stopped short of ANY of that.
    Surely most demons would also target America - more people to make deals. The Brit Men of Letters story hasn't been dropped yet, they feature in a few upcoming episodes. There are also some returning characters coming in the next few episodes after reading the synopses who I'm looking forward to seeing again

It'll probably be a 2 season arc, but yeah there's no big bad really this season - understandable given the last big bad. How can they trump The Darkness? Tough act to follow, especially now Lucifers back in the cage. Only thing I can think of would be if Michael somehow got out of heaven, slaughtered all the angels in heaven leaving just a handful alive.
    Michael is still in the cage, a plot point conveniently forgotten by the writers. Also, I am reserved about Lucifer being back in the cage; the Horsemen's rings opened a hole in reality--I find a floor vent in a random motel room to be suspect. Not enough "fan fare" in that event.

Just thought of this, maybe the "cosmic consquence" is the sundering of the cage, letting Michael and Lucifer (if he was in it or not) loose on the world?
    Last edited by Jaese; 2017-02-11 at 01:55 PM.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    Michael is still in the cage, a plot point conveniently forgotten by the writers. Also, I am reserved about Lucifer being back in the cage; the Horsemen's rings opened a hole in reality--I find a floor vent in a random motel room to be suspect. Not enough "fan fare" in that event.

Just thought of this, maybe the "cosmic consquence" is the sundering of the cage, letting Michael and Lucifer (if he was in it or not) loose on the world?
    They could even go bigger - the merging of the realms; hell, purgatory, heaven. Dead folk coming back to life, loads of monsters roaming the streets.

I like where your mind is. Might see Benny again; I hope he's still alive. I liked him.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    I like where your mind is. Might see Benny again; I hope he's still alive. I liked him.
    Dean killed Benny at his own request in season 8 - he helps Sam get Bobby out of purgatory

The men of letters story line is rather dull, still waiting for a Mary meets Crowley scene.

Dean killed Benny at his own request in season 8 - he helps Sam get Bobby out of purgatory
    I meant alive as still around in Purgatory. Last we saw him, he was fighting off a Leviathan and his outcome is left up in the air, IIRC.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Would be cool to see some old faces. Would always be keen to see more Jo, such a babe.

No matter how this season and or show ends, Dean Winchester is easily one of the best characters made in the history of TV.

That was easily one of my favorite episodes so far. 100% Tarantino/Pulp Fiction vibe

I liked the explaination on how Crowley got the throne.

The Demon Prince was cool as hell. Loved the way he was portrayed and there's 2 more. Asmodeus and Dagon.

Cas's touching moment

and last but most definitely not least....

MARK MOTHERFUCKING PELLEGRINO
    Last edited by babalou1; 2017-02-17 at 07:57 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    That was easily one of my favorite episodes so far. 100% Tarantino/Pulp Fiction vibe

I liked the explaination on how Crowley got the throne.

The Demon Prince was cool as hell. Loved the way he was portrayed and there's 2 more. Asmodeus and Dagon.

Cas's touching moment

and last but most definitely not least....

MARK MOTHERFUCKING PELLEGRINO
    Yeah definitely a great episode; can't wait to see how the colt gets used again, whether the British men of letters manage to harness the power and make more. Will be interesting to see if the remaining Princes make a comeback. And I wonder if having what I presume is a conduit line to the cage in hell will be bad news for Crowley

Great episode. If only for one time the show wouldn't use secrecy. I just rolled my eyes. Done that a thousand times. Also I just want Mary to die and get over with it. I was so excited about the reaper the one episode and then... damn tease.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Great episode. If only for one time the show wouldn't use secrecy. I just rolled my eyes. Done that a thousand times. Also I just want Mary to die and get over with it. I was so excited about the reaper the one episode and then... damn tease.
    yeah I have a feeling she will bite it at the end of the season. I read that the alpha vamp might be making a reappearance - maybe the colt ties in with that, it can definitely kill an alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    CW has a hard on for secrets and lies between its main characters.