Page 31 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not a joke ... just an observation. You go into great detail as to why they couldn't have flown etc ... point is that all of that decision about being able to fly or not and when was by the author of the story.

If someone (like me) decided to just come along and add flying in just because it would make things easier for Frodo - then there would be no story.

That was my point.
    Ok, but in that context, the story of our characters in WoW includes being able to fly for so much it that it doesn't make any logical sense that we suddenly can't now. That's sort of the point of what I was describing above: There are LOTS of ways to explain why we have to re-earn the ability to fly. And lots of ways of controlling how and when flying can be used. Placing an arbitrary timer that has nothing to do with player effort is simply not a good way to handle it. Telling players that they have to do all the content from the ground first is almost as bad.

This idea of trying to entirely remove the lore of flying from the game world just doesn't make any sense, and is fueled entirely by arbitrary gameplay and business reasons that don't actually hold up under scrutiny. Sure, it works....barely. But there are just so many better ways of going about it.

For myself, as long as flying is used the way blizz has changed it. wow isn't a game I can see myself supporting.

wow simply isn't wow without flying at max level. A wow game with flying was just a better game at end game.

There is a point that seeing it on the ground is no longer interesting and it's well past time to get to where I want to go and traveling on the ground doesn't cut it. Get gamers to the parts they want to play faster, not slower. The ground travel part of wow has a very limited shelf life and it ends much faster than blizz wishes it would. It's time to fly shortly after max level.

If they need that content to take up more gamers time then design it that way. Travel doesn't need to be ground travel only to accomplish that.

Flying is and will always be a part of wow and as long as blizz designes it they way they currently are. wow isn't something I can put money too.

Deleted
    This again, im not even bothered with it.. Played since march 2005... So much B-hurtness

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Was flying on PTR, glorious!

Quote Originally Posted by Grab Her By The Pussy View Post
    By interesting you mean fucking retarded.
    Each time I read your shit, I can't tell if its trolling or you genuinely need help,

It never fails to make me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Ok, but in that context, the story of our characters in WoW includes being able to fly for so much it that it doesn't make any logical sense that we suddenly can't now. That's sort of the point of what I was describing above: There are LOTS of ways to explain why we have to re-earn the ability to fly. And lots of ways of controlling how and when flying can be used. Placing an arbitrary timer that has nothing to do with player effort is simply not a good way to handle it. Telling players that they have to do all the content from the ground first is almost as bad.

This idea of trying to entirely remove the lore of flying from the game world just doesn't make any sense, and is fueled entirely by arbitrary gameplay and business reasons that don't actually hold up under scrutiny. Sure, it works....barely. But there are just so many better ways of going about it.
    The story of your character has nothing to do with flight, lol.
    Whatever headcanon you've developed is silly.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason Frodo didn't use the eagles is because he didn't have the gold to buy the skill and the eagle. He was a scrub with a bop legendary ring that he had to destroy for some Obliterum (to sell to buy the fucking eagle) and his hearthstone was on cd.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    How about they give us flying back and you groundhoppers can stay on the ground to enjoy your lovely terraine.

OP's profile pic and name fit him perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The only reason Frodo didn't use the eagles is because he didn't have the gold to buy the skill and the eagle. He was a scrub with a bop legendary ring that he had to destroy for some Obliterum (to sell to buy the fucking eagle) and his hearthstone was on cd.
    Sadly frodo wasn't exalted with the elfs yet, requirement for pathfinder pt2.

Deleted
    All I am doing is the bare minimum to keep order halls going, I don't do much after I hit 110 because I am sick of the 1 minute hikes to get to a WQ mob that is right next to you on the map but up a zig zag mountain (Like todays Brimstone Destroyer in Azsuna) and getting stuck on stones / steps which I have mentioned before. Maybe I will do more in the world once we can fly.

I didn't even bother with WoD til after the Garrison gold nerfs (Was pretty much about a week before I knew they gave gold) and flying was coming up.

Was only a few days ago I got achievements for getting all my traits.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    Right away "at max level" read what I type but anyways.

Remember how WoD was good because it didn't have flying... oh snap.
    Wrath had flying even before max level, what are you talking about and it was awesome.
    Cataclysm had flying right from the start and was even more awesome :O

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, its more like this.
    All of a sudden some people rather want to swim over the lake instead of using boats and there arguments grasp for all kind of excuses to why no one else should be allowed to use the boats either like, they need the exercise... or they don't see enough water...
    you wre 7/10 levels through when you got flying
    and "cata was awesome" allthough i sorta agree, 90% of the communiy doesent so

and again, everyone wants vanilla wow but it doesent have flying oh no
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    The only good thing about no flying is material prices are where they should be. Not cheap as dirt and professions feel like they matter now.

I think that was the point tbh. Economy gonna get fukt when flying is released, watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    Sadly frodo wasn't exalted with the elfs yet, requirement for pathfinder pt2.
    No he's just not able to pull a giant eagle out of his ass in 1.5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you wre 7/10 levels through when you got flying
    and "cata was awesome" allthough i sorta agree, 90% of the communiy doesent so

and again, everyone wants vanilla wow but it doesent have flying oh no
    The parts of Cata that the community hates was the huge letdowns in content, especially in raids (no Throne of Tides, War of the Ancients; Wyrmrest rehash and lack of bosses; 1 yr dryspell). Much like WoD, Cata had a terrific start, but fell very quickly from there on. Firelands was the only redeeming thing about Cata.

Flying in Cata questing was fine. Even if it made leveling 'too easy', at that point the only thing people were interested in was hitting end-game as soon as possible. There wasn't really much interesting being grounded, especially when the entire world was redesigned to be explored from the air. Cata's flaws do not stem from having flight in the game. And no, not everyone wants Vanilla WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    The parts of Cata that the community hates was the huge letdowns in content, especially in raids (no Throne of Tides, War of the Ancients; Wyrmrest rehash and lack of bosses; 1 yr dryspell). Much like WoD, Cata had a terrific start, but fell very quickly from there on. Firelands was the only redeeming thing about Cata.

Flying in Cata questing was fine. Even if it made leveling 'too easy', at that point the only thing people were interested in was hitting end-game as soon as possible. There wasn't really much interesting being grounded, especially when the entire world was redesigned to be explored from the air. Cata's flaws do not stem from having flight in the game. And no, not everyone wants Vanilla WoW.
    yeah but hes saying

"Yeah they hopefully won't bring pathfinder in the next expansion. We will finally be able to fly right away at max level as its supposed to be, since WoW has just been like a huge disaster since pathfinder was introduced and they tried to remove flying completely in WoD."

bassicly blaming flying for why wod sucked

yeah but hes saying

"Yeah they hopefully won't bring pathfinder in the next expansion. We will finally be able to fly right away at max level as its supposed to be, since WoW has just been like a huge disaster since pathfinder was introduced and they tried to remove flying completely in WoD."

To be honest, as bad as WoD was, it probably would have been a lot more enjoyable and tolerable had flying been available sooner. It wouldn't have magically created new content or anything(and make no mistake, that was the primary flaw), but it would have made the content that WAS there better.

And while Legion is doing a MUCH better job of keeping up with content releases, I really think it would have benefitted from an earlier unlock of flying as long as it was implemented well. Legion would be just as good with flying as without, as I'm certain we'll see in 7.2.

Also, I have zero interest in returning to any kind of vanilla experience. WoW stumbled and struggled with a lot of things in the early years, and I think a lot of people are viewing it with an unhealthy measure of nostalgia. I don't think that experience would survive current player criticism, and I'm glad Blizzard is avoiding it.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-02-17 at 10:26 PM.

yeah but hes saying

And two wrongs don't make a right :/

TBH, the person you quoted said 'remember X, it had flying and it was awesome' which is mostly his opinion, whereas your statement was 'Y had flying, and most people didn't like Y' which is a misleading statement.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-02-17 at 11:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    good ridance legion is lovely without it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    And two wrongs don't make a right :/

TBH, the person you quoted said 'remember X, it had flying and it was awesome' which is mostly his opinion, whereas your statement was 'Cata had flying, and most people didn't like Cata' which is a misleading statement.
    go back to the original thign i qouted

again "Yeah they hopefully won't bring pathfinder in the next expansion. We will finally be able to fly right away at max level as its supposed to be, since WoW has just been like a huge disaster since pathfinder was introduced and they tried to remove flying completely in WoD."