Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

How often do you eat tomato-based meals?

Lately it seems like every single meal. How do people get away from tomatoes? Tomatoes are every where, in every food I can think of..unless of course i'm eating fast food hamburgers.

Is it the poor in me that has me eating tomato stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Lately it seems like every single meal. How do people get away from tomatoes? Tomatoes are every where, in every food I can think of..unless of course i'm eating fast food hamburgers.

I hate tomato stuff, pizza, remove every single tomato from burgers, hate spaghetti etc. It's pretty much the only veggie I really can't stand. Disgusting taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I hate tomato stuff, pizza, remove every single tomato from burgers, hate spaghetti etc.
    I hear you man. Sick of tomatoes but its so easy to make meals with it. I miss potatoes, but a 10 pound bag is very heavy to carry for 6 blocks.

name a meal that is tomato based? pasta can use tomato sauce but i would hardly call the meal "tomato based" also if your pasta sauce is any good it will have almost 0 hint of tomato flavor.

Tomato based meals are pretty rare. You would have to be going out of your way to do so. I don't like tomatoes so I never buy any for cooking.

I use ketchup and spaghetti is ok. But I rarely make spaghetti since it doesn't tend to be terribly filling for me and ketchup doesn't make something tomato based.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    name a meal that is tomato based? pasta can use tomato sauce but i would hardly call the meal "tomato based" also if your pasta sauce is any good it will have almost 0 hint of tomato flavor.
    Tomato soup?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tomatoes are amazing so I'm not sure what you're upset about.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Honestly, just do any veggie-potato-meat combination, just stay away from pre-made sauces since they often have tomatoes in them

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Ketchup = tomatoes, so count them in most fast food hamburgers too. It is odd that I'm not a huge fan of tomatoes but they are in just about every food in some form, at least in the US (salads, Mexican foods, pizza, spaghetti/Italian food, ketchup with burgers/fries, etc.).

About the only foods that usually don't have tomatoes in them for the most part are Asian foods and seafood. Even with those there are a few exceptions but most of those don't have tomatoes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Define tomato-based.

I often make pasta which has tomato sauce. Also I don't often make hamburgers or sandwiches, but when I do they HAVE to have tomatoes on them.

Anyway I probably have tomato in at least 10% of my meals. I really like tomato sauce and fresh tomatoes, but there's something about cooked tomatoes that just turns me off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just so over tomatoes right now. At least for a month or so. I just wish my apartment building had an elevator so carrying that 10 or 20 pound bag of potatoes didn't cover me in sweat when I reached my apartment floor. Another reason for tomato based recipes...its really easy to reheat for roommates.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are saying that it's in 'almost every form of food' but... I haven't had anything tomato oriented in ... weeks?

Breakfast is usually one of: eggs, protein bars, greens/fruit smoothies, bacon, potatoes

Lunches are usually chicken, potatoes, steak, salad, leftovers

Dinner is usually steak, chicken, ham, some kind of veggie, potatoes, salad.

Not that I have anything against tomato stuff, I use it when the dish calls for it... But if you dont buy tomato stuff, you don't eat tomato stuff.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

i eat tomato stuff very often. tomato's good for you.

i eat spaghetti and italian goulash pretty often, pizza, few other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I hate tomato stuff, pizza, remove every single tomato from burgers, hate spaghetti etc. It's pretty much the only veggie I really can't stand. Disgusting taste.
    Thats because its not a veggie. Also its like the best fruit?

You put tomatoes in your cereal?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    People are saying that it's in 'almost every form of food' but... I haven't had anything tomato oriented in ... weeks?

Breakfast is usually one of: eggs, protein bars, greens/fruit smoothies, bacon, potatoes

Lunches are usually chicken, potatoes, steak, salad, leftovers

Dinner is usually steak, chicken, ham, some kind of veggie, potatoes, salad.

Not that I have anything against tomato stuff, I use it when the dish calls for it... But if you dont buy tomato stuff, you don't eat tomato stuff.
    are you looking for a roommate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Ketchup = tomatoes, so count them in most fast food hamburgers too. It is odd that I'm not a huge fan of tomatoes but they are in just about every food in some form, at least in the US (salads, Mexican foods, pizza, spaghetti/Italian food, ketchup with burgers/fries, etc.).

About the only foods that usually don't have tomatoes in them for the most part are Asian foods and seafood. Even with those there are a few exceptions but most of those don't have tomatoes.
    You should eat more Japanese foods, yeah. I think about the only thing I ate while over there that had tomato in it (though some bentos had it as a completely optional side) was Omurice. Which Is definitely great, of course, but it is a Western style dish, still.

10+ Year Old Account
    are you looking for a roommate?
    I thought about it for a time. But then I realized I don't think I could handle people I don't know well being around.

But seriously though, it's clear you don't have a car (which is fine). A 10lb bag can easily fit in a backpack. Get a bike if you don't have one and done. Plan to go shopping before working out or something (lift bags of potatoes!) and just shower after.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    You should eat more Japanese foods, yeah. I think about the only thing I ate while over there that had tomato in it (though some bentos had it as a completely optional side) was Omurice. Which Is definitely great, of course, but it is a Western style dish, still.
    I think I made a thread about sushi already..but thanks though.

Maybe a pizza once per week, and a handful tomatos in my burger or kebap which I wouldn't really call tomato based. So I don't see any reason to get away from it.