Poll: What should become of the demons?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question Who would lead the demons after Sargeras falls?

Would they just splinter off into different factions or re-unite under something else?

Assuming Sargeras does indeed fall, I think they would behave somewhat like the elementals becoming elemental lords, with demons fighting each other for supremacy.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Given the direction things are going - illidan will take over and lead them against void lords. I don't expect anything less from blizz.

Deleted
    The warlock player

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Given the direction things are going - illidan will take over and lead them against void lords. I don't expect anything less from blizz.
    Yeah, this sounds very possible.

If I had a say in the matter, half of them would go mindless/ divide into subgroups like the Zerg did in starcraft, and the other half would become old god/ void lord puppets

No one. That's the whole point... Burning Legion is done after Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    No one, I would think. If the Legion falls entirely the demons will return to their home dimension of the Twisting Nether and return to their M.O. before Sargeras formed the Legion. Some demons might follow the example of Lothraxion and join the Army of the Light and others might embrace the Void Lords and join the forces of the Shadow.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Probably going back to the pre legion days, spreading mayhem and chaos wherever, whenever they please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kil'Jaeden will just stake over again. Or some other high-ranking eredar.

I don't think we will kill Sargeras, I think once we defeat him we will also redeem him somehow. I mean he wants to also defeat the void.

So here is my theory:

We are fighting against Sargeras who found a way to destroy Azeroth. Azeroth somehow hatches on the opposite side (somehow doesn't destroy the planet) and she stops Sargeras at the end of our fight. He sees that she isn't corrupt and that he was wrong this whole time. She ends up redeeming him and then we set our eyes on the void when Azeroth attempts to Revive the rest of the titans or goes to find other Titans to purify them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Kil'Jaeden will just stake over again. Or some other high-ranking eredar.
    KJ will be dead soon. Look into the upcoming raid fight from Tomb of Sargeras if you don't mind spoilers
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    The old gods have the most to gain if they influence the legion, either Azeroth or n'zoth would be fitting to rule a interdimensional army of destruction and turn it into a "quantum force of corruption"

I think some demon races will try to assert dominance over others but they'll never truly succeed in recreating united demon army like Burning Legion was. They'll just resort to warring between themselves and ocasionally attack non-demon worlds but it won't be as succesful as Burning Legion was. IMO twisting nether will be full of planet-states led by Warlord-kinda like figures (Pitlords, Nathrezim etc etc) but they'll never be as united and as strong again.

Less intelligent demons were intimidated into organized army by Sargeras. Without him and Kil'Jaeden to keep thing in check Burining Legion will probably fall like house of cards.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-02-18 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    I think some demon races will try to assert dominance over others but they'll never truly succeed in recreating united demon army like Burning Legion was. They'll just resort to warring between themselves and ocasionally attack non-demon worlds but it won't be as succesful as Burning Legion was. IMO twisting nether will be full of planet-states led by Warlord-kinda like figures (Pitlords, Nathrezim etc etc) but they'll never be as united and as strong again.

Less intelligent demons were intimidated into organized army by Sargeras. Without him and Kil'Jaeden to keep thing in check Burining Legion will probably fall like house of cards.
    The question is who will antagonize us along with Sargeras in 7.3

7.2 Firmly cements that Kiljaeden dies at the end of the raid on his spaceship in the Nether after you take the portal in the chamber of the Avatar.

Confirmed by /pictures, and audio from Kil'jaeden , artifacts, Velen, Illidan

The other question is they keep trying to put Sargeras in things. I don't think Sargeras even has a body anymore since the Well exploded in WoTA. Keep in mind he is NOT a demon. he can't just... reform.

A noteable eredar they could use outside having Varimathras stir shit up is Malchezar and flesh him out as a secondary antagonist for the patch or someone I would see get their cumuppins after kiljaedens death is Talgath.

The Eredar that tracked the Draenei in their escape and fleeing across the cosmos always telling Kil'jaeden where their people were so they could hound and hunt them.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-18 at 12:47 AM.

Definitely splinter. Some would go void, some would be taken over by the Dreadscar warlocks, and some would probably just start roving chaotic fel hordes. Plus a few independent Nathrezim who would just make bad deals with people across the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

7.2 Firmly cements that Kiljaeden dies at the end of the raid on his spaceship in the Nether after you take the portal in the chamber of the Avatar.

The other question is they keep trying to put Sargeras in things. I don't think Sargeras even has a body anymore since the Well exploded in WoTA. Keep in mind he is NOT a demon. he can't just... reform.

A noteable eredar they could use outside having Varimathras stir shit up is Malchezar and flesh him out as a secondary antagonist for the patch or someone I would see get their cumuppins after kiljaedens death is Talgath.

The Eredar that tracked the Draenei in their escape and fleeing across the cosmos always telling Kil'jaeden where their people were so they could hound and hunt them.
    nope he will not he will decieve us and we will fall into a trap he is not called the deciever for nothing we will end up on argus KJ one of the smartest characters in wow
    he will have a plan b and in argus we will fall in a trap and maybe he will catch velen and corrupt him and we and anduin will need to resque velen and cure his corruption
    but I think he will die in argus

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    KJ will be dead soon. Look into the upcoming raid fight from Tomb of Sargeras if you don't mind spoilers
    nothing there is saying he will even in the nether he will take the fight on the ship to argus and on argus we will fall on a trap
    he is the deciever you know

Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    nope he will not he will decieve us and we will fall into a trap he is not called the deciever for nothing we will end up on argus KJ one of the smartest characters in wow
    he will have a plan b and in argus we will fall in a trap and maybe he will catch velen and corrupt him and we and anduin will need to resque velen and cure his corruption
    but I think he will die in argus

- - - Updated - - -

nothing there is saying he will even in the nether he will take the fight on the ship to argus and on argus we will fall on a trap
    he is the deciever you know
    The fight takes place ON ARGUS. Abord his ship. Ypu literallly take the portal from avatars room as illidan quotes to follow and destroy the deciever. 7.2 is kiljaedens death. The primary driving antagonist outaide sargeras for the entirw game since wc1

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm they could all end up as Lothraxion for all I care, if Blizz intends to completely annihilate every tiny bit mark of Fel and Legion with this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

I agree. They kinda sliced through too much important demons too fast...

I personally would've left Kil'Jaeden for 7.3 and made Avatar of Sargeras end boss in ToS. If we assume Sargeras will be end boss on Argus they won't have much imortant demons left for other bosses. I think Malchezaar is not developed enough to take over from Kil'Jaeden as lead antagonist.

Also I hope we get at least some interaction with Sargeras whichever form he has (spirit or titan) and get a glimpse in his mindset because I find him too interesting to just be raid boss with generic threat lines.

One of the Eredar, probably Kil'jaeden or Archimonde.

On that note, Sargeras, or at least his avatar has been defeated on at least one occasion. The obvious leader of the demons after he "falls" would be still, himself.