Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    No, the opposite -- The fact that people are in such disarray for a memo is exactly what should be concerning. I'm sure a majority of people don't even know there were memos made to prevent Yeti attack back in the 50s. It's a darn memo!

And by the way, the president does not read every memos, because only -- again, in my own words -- a portion of a portion becomes reality.
    i realize you are not american, and thus don't understand much about our laws. not using the military for federal law enforcement is one of those really basic rules that everyone involved in such things knows. so to even *consider* it except for declaring martial law or somesuch is, as i said, either unaccountably ignorant or a plan to gain more power.

To clarify - Trump is NOT planning on doing this.

There is enough truth to Trump's idiocy - no need to make stuff up.

All that happened was someone leaked a memo where the question was asked... that's ALL.

It's about time the train wreck of an administration starts talking about stuff before acting on it ....

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The Godwin was fast in this thread, wasn't it?

On topic: If it cannot be achieved any way else, go for it. Criminals should not go unpunished and slaps on the wrist have been going for too long.
    godwin doesn't count when you're talking about an actual fascist

Deleted
    Thats the reason to better not rely on whitehouse leaks.

At the end it could backfire and help trump to use it against the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    godwin doesn't count when you're talking about an actual fascist
    Uh huh

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post

It's only a scandal when trump does it. When another president, whom you were not told to be outraged on demand, does it you dont care, because you only care about staff that you were ordered to be hysterical about or where you can virtue signal off of it.

Two-faced hypocrits, cry me a croko-teared river.

[Infracted]
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-were-way-off/

Clinton did like 750k. What you're counting is "returns", which 12m happened under Clinton.

Removals are deportations, we round undocumented immigrants up and forcibly remove them. That is what Trump wants to do. Obama had the highest removals per present at 2 million. Trump wants to increase that by 600%.

Returns are undocumented immigrants willing, by their own free will, leaving the country.

So the statement that deporting 12m people is next to impossible is true.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i realize you are not american, and thus don't understand much about our laws. not using the military for federal law enforcement is one of those really basic rules that everyone involved in such things knows. so to even *consider* it except for declaring martial law or somesuch is, as i said, either unaccountably ignorant or a plan to gain more power.
    You're going to hold the government responsible for one individual who've made a memo?

Whew, better not take a look at all the memos that the democrats did.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

So much claiming Fake News but guess what? Do you Trump supporters conveniently ignore Trump's own words? He LITERALLY SAID in his press conference 'The leaks are real'. His own words. Stop trying to say this shit is fake when your God-sent Cheeto said it's real

Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy.
    Why would you having some ridiculous need to lie over stupid shit have any effect whatsoever on whether or not someone else sleeps at night? I'm not the one who has some deep-seated need to convince other people that I'm important or an "expert" (lol, you could have at least chosen something relevant, but whatever) on any given topic in order to lend credence to whatever it is I have to say.

But hey, if it makes you feel better, let's go ahead and say I'm an NSA special agent who's had extensive training in lie detection. What an amazing coincidence!

But... now I need to change my occupation to "professional Internet poster" so I can figure out how to hit the "Post Reply" button below. Because, you know, that requires expert knowledge. (And, little known secret, totally better pay. Hence why I changed professions, you see.)

<puffs on the pipe only super experts on a subject get to smoke>

You're going to hold the government responsible for one individual who've made a memo?

Whew, better not take a look at all the memos that the democrats did.
    so if someone makes a memo "today its time to kill the president", then circulates it for weeks it must be A-OK, cause its just a memo guys.

so if someone makes a memo "today its time to kill the president", then circulates it for weeks it must be A-OK, cause its just a memo guys.
    Yeah, it is. Leaking memorandums is like leaking the first draft of a screenplay; it might bear some superficial resemblance to the finished product, but that's step #394 and you're looking at #2.

People don't realize the danger. It is the same shit that has been going on in Turkey for 15 years. Erdogan and his puppets threw some bullshit words, sentences, memos, ideas, on TV and in parliament always to check the public reaction. If there is no reaction, no outcry they immediately focus on doing it. Saying Trump didn't do, will not sign this, or won't happen doesn't mean it is ok. They are checking how far they can go with their agenda. It is dangerous enough that there is a memo about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Yeah, it is. Leaking memorandums is like leaking the first draft of a screenplay; it might bear some superficial resemblance to the finished product, but that's step #394 and you're looking at #2.
    "lets violate one of the basic rules of federal power. nbd, we can always change it later if for whatever reason that doesn't work out."

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, yes, you'd be right. Although it wouldn't plainly state it as is, and would be refused from even becoming a proposal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Why would you having some ridiculous need to lie over stupid shit have any effect whatsoever on whether or not someone else sleeps at night? I'm not the one who has some deep-seated need to convince other people that I'm important or an "expert" (lol, you could have at least chosen something relevant, but whatever) on any given topic in order to lend credence to whatever it is I have to say.

But hey, if it makes you feel better, let's go ahead and say I'm an NSA special agent who's had extensive training in lie detection. What an amazing coincidence!

But... now I need to change my occupation to "professional Internet poster" so I can figure out how to hit the "Post Reply" button below. Because, you know, that requires expert knowledge. (And, little known secret, totally better pay. Hence why I changed professions, you see.)

<puffs on the pipe only super experts on a subject get to smoke>
    You're the one assuming I lied If that makes you feel good about yourself, then I have no problem with that. That doesn't change the truth -- I mean, if you were a NSA expert, you'd know I said the truth, but hey, maybe you're not that involved in the process.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

"lets violate one of the basic rules of federal power. nbd, we can always change it later if for whatever reason that doesn't work out."
    Yeah, basically. Trump's never done this before so he's going to have a bumpy couple months in office, at minimum. If I wanted a smooth ride I would've voted for Clinton instead of writing in Dwight D. Eisenhower like I always do.

Actually, yes, you'd be right. Although it wouldn't plainly state it as is, and would be refused from even becoming a proposal.
    uh huh.

which brings us to my other point. it means that whoever wrote it in the first place had *no idea what they were doing*.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Yeah, basically. Trump's never done this before so he's going to have a bumpy couple months in office, at minimum. If I wanted a smooth ride I would've voted for Clinton instead of writing in Dwight D. Eisenhower like I always do.
    which is why i said its a sign of gross ignorance.

You're the one assuming I lied
    Zero assumptions needed. I see chumps like you on an almost daily basis on message forums. Try being a bit more original in the future. People might not point and laugh at you if that's the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    uh huh.

which brings us to my other point. it means that whoever wrote it in the first place had *no idea what they were doing*.
    To think such a memo would've even been accepted in the first place, exactly.
    Google Diversity Memo

To think such a memo would've even been accepted in the first place, exactly.
    correct. so why even put it out there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Zero assumptions needed. I see chumps like you on an almost daily basis on message forums. Try being a bit more original in the future. People might not point and laugh at you if that's the case.
    Yikes. Big words, it's just sad that it's not real, though.

- - - Updated - - -

correct. so why even put it out there?
    Ask the author, not I. Memos goes around because when one is deposited, it has to be taken in consideration -- even if it's a stupid waste of time.
    Google Diversity Memo