Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    because he is indicative of the intelligence of the majority of the human race. that is to say stupid.
    Says the dude who thinks bread is funny. It's a fucking food.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    public perception is a thing, and normal people don't automatically assume someone is joking when they hear stuff like that.
    Normal people don't automatically assume someone is joking on known YouTube comedian channel? How so?

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    i think a lot of people who primarily spend time on the internet seem to forget that the "rules" are different in the "real world."
    you can't run around screaming whatever you want and expect no consequences for it. public perception is a thing, and normal people don't automatically assume someone is joking when they hear stuff like that.
    Well, multimillion dollar news companies shouldn't be "shoot first, ask questions later." The general public gets their information on topics they are not familiar with from them, and they need to do the right work, or people will lose credibility.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Can somebody point out anything factually wrong in the WSJ or Vox article?

It's worrying how people still support the claims that pewdiepie is an anti-semite/Nazi/racist. If you watch the videos that are mentioned in the article it's so obvious it's satire. Not to mention the "death to all jews" thing clearly had a different context than portrayed by WSJ (point was to show how far people go for 5 dollar). Pewdiepie has influence, the mainstream media doesn't that like so they had to shut him down with a completely fake article. IT'S SICK.

It's satire that arguably went too far. Guess we should shut down South Park and Family Guy aswell? Ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    oh a lot of people have done so.

https://wearechange.org/youtube-comm...-news-hit-job/

But, you don't really want facts do you?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvestra View Post
    It's worrying how people still support the claims that pewdiepie is an anti-semite/Nazi/racist. If you watch the videos that are mentioned in the article it's so obvious it's satire.
    Explain how it is satire. Who is being satirized?

Quote Originally Posted by Wellendowed View Post
    You're joking, right?

I genuinely can't tell anymore. So many people actually say stuff this stupid unironically that I can't distinguish the crazies anymore.
    If pewdiepie felt like he had a case, he would sue the media. But he hasn't.

I watched his latest video and right now he's in full damage control mode, becuase he IS an alt-right Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh a lot of people have done so.

https://wearechange.org/youtube-comm...-news-hit-job/

But, you don't really want facts do you?
    The article you linked does not give any examples of anything factually wrong.

I'd love facts. Give them to me.

Deleted
    Explain how it is satire. Who is being satirized?
    The "Death to all Jews"? The Fiverr site.
    Felix dressed like a soldier and listening to Hitler? The YouTube Heroes program.

Context, it's all about the context.

10+ Year Old Account
    disney chose not to associate themselves any further with "edgy" humor. as others have said, "its just a joke!!" doesn't mean that people have to listen to or support it. networks are free to choose what content they want displayed.
    That's not what people are complaining about. That is up to Disney and that is fine. The problem is the mainstream media taking alot of shit out of context and portraying him as a fucking nazi sympathizer. The jokes actually make fuckin sense in context.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The "Death to all Jews"? The Fiverr site.
    Felix dressed like a soldier and listening to Hitler? The YouTube Heroes program.

Context, it's all about the context.
    Explain the context to me.

Normal people don't automatically assume someone is joking on known YouTube comedian channel? How so?
    because people who make those sorts of jokes most often do it to disguise their true opinions.

Deleted
    The article you linked does not give any examples of anything factually wrong.

I'd love facts. Give them to me.
    Really? Vox article even talks about Himmler glasses, how is even a "fact" for the topic at all?

- - - Updated - - -

Explain the context to me.
    See the videos by yourself, they are self-explanatory.

because people who make those sorts of jokes most often do it to disguise their true opinions.
    I'd say that people that see (for example) racism all the time do it because, deep inside, they do feel superior.

Now, we both just assumed the shit out of people we don't really know what goes on their head. Understand now how stupid that is?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I'd say that people that see (for example) racism all the time do it because, deep inside, they do feel superior.

Now, we both just assumed the shit out of people we don't really know what goes on their head. Understand now how stupid that is?
    that's correct. we cannot assume what goes on in someone's head, but we do know what comes out of their mouths. which is why "i'm just joking!!" is impossible to truly determine and such things are considered extremely inappropriate.

i'm sure poor pewdipie will get picked up by some shock jock network and continue making $.

Deleted
    Then you don't have a clue of what is considered humor in many countries of Europe, many that actually fought against dictatorship and earned the freedom of speech, including freedom of joking with everything.

Really? Vox article even talks about Himmler glasses, how is even a "fact" for the topic at all?
    They look pretty similar. So what is factually wrong? Also that seems to be a quote from a Nazi, not something stated by Vox themselves.

See the videos by yourself, they are self-explanatory.
    link?
    Last edited by Elba; 2017-02-18 at 12:39 AM.

that's correct. we cannot assume what goes on in someone's head, but we do know what comes out of their mouths. which is why "i'm just joking!!" is impossible to truly determine and such things are considered extremely inappropriate.

i'm sure poor pewdipie will get picked up by some shock jock network and continue making $.
    Oh snap, that second bit screamed jealousy. It's alright.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    When the WSJ is talking about the Indian kids with the death to all Jews sign, the leave out the other half, with a sign saying "subscribe to keemstar" Felix's joke is that he's saying that this keemstar guy wants death to all Jews.

It does give a little more context, but I don't think it's too important.

In the Vox article, they say:
    "n one video from late August, he makes an extended racist joke comparing Harambe the gorilla to Saturday Night Live and Ghostbusters actress and comedian Leslie Jones, echoing the widespread politically tinged, racist harassment that Jones endured last summer, largely from the alt-right."
    In the video, he's looking at Twitter posts, and finds one likening the shit actress to the dead gorilla, not Felix himself making the claim.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it