Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Are you making the mistake of believing Donald Trump will take a measured approach to something?

Because I'm pretty sure the notion of "send the national guard on a witch hunt to find illegal immigrants" is the exact opposite of that.
    heh, this forum is really an unending loop of the same argument being repeated over and over, is it?

A memo is not written by the president, it is written by stupid individuals who only wish to make the government lose time, it's not going to be even considered to become a law, and every memo has to be validated, even if they're stupid, which is why it's circulating in the government.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Getting ahold of illegal immigrants can be done other ways, it's a travesty of American society and values to even think of breaking Posse Comitatus.

Everyone with a brain should be against this, even if you're a diehard anti illegal immigrant person. There are other and more appropriate ways and agencies to use.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    You can decide to compare them, but the reality is that it's not really applicable. The probability and, ultimately, the actual passing of such a law is -- by all data -- impossible. And again, the main difference between these two is that Trump said he'd take care of illegal immigrants with actual criminal records. So to go all in, and frankly deport everyone, is unthinkable.
    i dont know where you get this faith from since he already affected plenty of innocent green card holders negatively with his executive orders. and so far their definition of "criminal records" has been pretty... broad.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Don't worry, I'm sure it'll all be done humanely when they round up the people. I mean, they won't be able to deport them somewhere IMMEDIATELY, so they'll have to keep them places. Probably a lot of camps to make it more economical and feasible. They'd also need to hold a lot of people, be pretty concentrated, you know? With big high fences and lots of guards to make sure no one leaves.

This doesn't sound at all familiar to me.

heh, this forum is really an unending loop of the same argument being repeated over and over, is it?

A memo is not written by the president, it is written by stupid individuals who only wish to make the government lose time, it's not going to be even considered to become a law, and every memo has to be validated, even if they're stupid, which is why it's circulating in the government.
    i didn't realize our government liked to spend their day circulating memos specifically to waste time, what is going on up there?
    i mean if i wanted to waste time at work i would play solitaire or read reddit instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i dont know where you get this faith from since he already affected plenty of innocent green card holders negatively with his executive orders. and so far their definition of "criminal records" has been pretty... broad.
    Because the situation is frankly overblown. I was against it, I think it was a stupid thing to do but ultimately, besides a few inconveniences, nothing bad (thankfully) happened.

The worst you can do is to take something out of context, make a pattern out of it and then apply it to actions that are unrelated.

But I think the worst is that it's genuinely killing the credibility of the medias. I don't mean this a la Trump, who is very caustic against the medias (perhaps rightfully angry, but that's another debate). I'm speaking of real, accurate issues with how things are overblown.

During the campain, someone on this forum said that the worst thing Wikileaks could do was to pretend everything was a smoking gun. It simply made their claims, when rightful, that much easier to disregard. "Oh look, another "fact" from wikileaks! Must be like that Spirit Cooking and Hillary's a satanist MAGA"

The danger of abuse is that at some point -- granted, we're not quite there yet -- people are just going to stop caring. And that's precisely when it becomes dangerous.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Honestly, with the information we have right now, it literally could be some idea that one of the staff had at Homeland Security that people in various departments are saying, "Yeah, we're not doing that." And that's the "discussion."

Seriously, with the information available, that could literally be what this is. And yet, we've leapt to "Trump Weighs Mobilizing National Guard for Immigration", as if Trump has it in front of his desk and is considering it, when there is no information available to show that he even looked at it.

Because the situation is frankly overblown. I was against it, I think it was a stupid thing to do but ultimately, besides a few inconveniences, nothing bad (thankfully) happened.

The worst you can do is to take something out of context, make a pattern out of it and then apply it to actions that are unrelated.

But I think the worst is that it's genuinely killing the credibility of the medias. I don't mean this a la Trump, who is very caustic against the medias (perhaps rightfully angry, but that's another debate). I'm speaking of real, accurate issues with how things are overblown.

During the campain, someone on this forum said that the worst thing Wikileaks could do was to pretend everything was a smoking gun. It simply made their claims, when rightful, that much easier to disregard. "Oh look, another "fact" from wikileaks! Must be like that Spirit Cooking and Hillary's a satanist MAGA"

The danger of abuse is that at some point -- granted, we're not quite there yet -- people are just going to stop caring. And that's precisely when it becomes dangerous.
    so you don't think unconstitutional EO's, with further unconstitutional memos circulating, is a cause for concern?

well and good to sit in another country and say so.

Why the fuck do these people on here keep comparing Trump to Hitler ? Any mature adult can understand the shit that the nazis did would be damned near impossible to do today. Let alone get away with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    so you don't think unconstitutional EO's, with further unconstitutional memos circulating, is a cause for concern?

well and good to sit in another country and say so.
    No no, don't get me wrong. Unconstitutional EOs should be taken down.

Unconstitutional memos, however, are not a cause for concern, for all the reasons I've stated above. I take issue when executive orders like the immigration ban are pushed, but everything else -- the amount of false memos and false claims pushed since the beginning of Trump's presidency, are not a cause for concern.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Honestly, with the information we have right now, it literally could be some idea that one of the staff had at Homeland Security that people in various departments are saying, "Yeah, we're not doing that." And that's the "discussion."

Seriously, with the information available, that could literally be what this is. And yet, we've leapt to "Trump Weighs Mobilizing National Guard for Immigration", as if Trump has it in front of his desk and is considering it, when there is no information available to show that he even looked at it.
    Yeah, pretty much.
    Google Diversity Memo

No no, don't get me wrong. Unconstitutional EOs should be taken down.

Unconstitutional memos, however, are not a cause for concern, for all the reasons I've stated above. I take issue when executive orders like the immigration ban are pushed, but everything else -- the amount of false memos and false claims pushed since the beginning of Trump's presidency, are not a cause for concern.
    Mr Kelly was saying that the unconstitutional EO's were "lawful and should be obeyed to the fullest extent" the whole time that stuff was going down.

until suddenly they weren't lawful, as everyone had been saying. so judging by his short track record, he's fully capable of attempting something like that again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Remember when people were calling Trump Hilter? Well here comes the SS...
    While I hate Trump and think this action (should it happen) is absurd.

Comparing our military to the SS for enforcing the law is fucking disgusting. Shut up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mr Kelly was saying that the unconstitutional EO's were "lawful and should be obeyed to the fullest extent" the whole time that stuff was going down.

until suddenly they weren't lawful, as everyone had been saying. so judging by his short track record, he's fully capable of attempting something like that again.
    And if he attempts, it'll be taken down again.

I think fundamentally this is just a matter of how you think the government will be. I think a Trump presidency will be a challenging four years, but ultimately I trust Trump when he says he wants to do the right thing. His biggest enemy? His overwhelming ego and how he may put trust in people he shouldn't.

Again, however, when a memo is accepted, it becomes public. At that point, we would've learned about it and then it would've been a rightful cause for concerns.
    Google Diversity Memo

You cannot compare a memo with the anti-immigration EO, because they're fundamentally different. And I was actually against that EO, and I was glad it was taken down. Nobody's above the law, but since it's happened once and was directly on a promise he has done, I'm ready to forgive that.
    Unconstitutional memos, however, are not a cause for concern, for all the reasons I've stated above. I take issue when executive orders like the immigration ban are pushed, but everything else -- the amount of false memos and false claims pushed since the beginning of Trump's presidency, are not a cause for concern
    Read this: "Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States".
    Check my post (Second from the top of the previous page) if you want a bullet list of specific sections of import.

Then take that memo in context. It very much SHOULD be a cause for concern. You are correct that the memo shouldn't to be compared to the Immigration EO. It should instead be regarded as someone on Trump's staff tossing around potential ideas for consideration regarding how they want to enforce the EO I just linked. An EO which was officially signed, and so far exists uncontested because trump pushed it out mostly under the radar. It's officially on the books now, and they are basically testing the waters to see how far they can go when attempting to execute it.

Their only real fuckup here so far is that they apparently dint learn anything at all from the Immigration Ban EO disaster and once again were possibly considering diving face first off a cliff into putting something into action that could get them in all sorts of legal and ethical hot water. If they had gone into this thing significantly lower key (which they might still do), they could have potentially been "rounding up illegals" for months before anyone realized they were doing shady shit.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-02-18 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Read this: "Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States".
    Then take that memo in context. The memo shouldn't to be compared to the Immigration EO, it should be regarded as someone on Trump's staff tossing around potential ideas for consideration regarding how they want to enforce the this EO. An EO which was officially signed, and so far exists uncontested. It's officially on the books now, and they are basically testing the waters to see how far they can go when attempting to execute it.
    yep, and it shows that they are trying to get away with as much as possible.

Hope this happens, if your here illegally you deserved deportation regardless if you have committed another crime or not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antius View Post
    Why the fuck do these people on here keep comparing Trump to Hitler ? Any mature adult can understand the shit that the nazis did would be damned near impossible to do today. Let alone get away with it.
    Maybe you should tell that to the White House.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlinn View Post
    Hope this happens, if your here illegally you deserved deportation regardless if you have committed another crime or not
    Let us know how that works out for you when the bulk of your agriculture business practically collapses over night and produce you took for granted suddenly jumps in price by a few thousand percent. You know why 90% of those illegals are in the country? Because your countrymen are too fucking lazy and self important to do the jobs they do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antius View Post
    Why the fuck do these people on here keep comparing Trump to Hitler?
    Indeed. It's fucking degrading to Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    The fact that it was created in the first place is telling.

And then there's Trump himself saying what he's going to do.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4cX1xqtxo8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYCsC08bLxU
    How much you wanna bet Memo's and "Pre-Decisional Drafts" happen ALL THE DAMN TIME in EVERY administration. During my time is the Corps, we had a plan for every single event that could happen, including the hypothetical. My original statement stands. All the Left can do right is sling a metric shit ton of mud in hope that something will stick. hell, my ex-wife used the same tactic during our Divorce and subsequent Family Court proceedings.

Will it work? That remains to be seen.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lel, people complaining because Criminals are being removed from their country.