Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Should the game have MORE exclusive content?

Simple question. Should the game have MORE exclusive content than it does now?

One of the things missing from the soul of WoW is exclusivity in content. Back when everything wasn't on the queue, it felt good to get into those forms of raid content because it signified that you were on top of your game. If you made it anywhere in the Black Temple, you were looked up to by all around you.

I remember standing on the post in Iron Forge in full T6 Warlock set and people would always be inspecting me and walking by asking where I got the gear.

I think the game needs to return to MORE exclusivity, not less. Which is why I think keeping content off the queue is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.

People should be required to put effort into the game to experience the exclusive content.

7+ Year Old Account
    no

/10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yeah, its fun that I cannot acquire the only kaldorei mount in the game because I do not PVP. Totally fun. Its also very fun that its character bound and not account bound.

/sarcasm

I think it has roughly the right amount already. Mythic raiders get to see the coolest versions of fights, and are thrown some shiny baubles for their efforts. Getting to Dal-pose on the latest final boss's mount is today's version of standing around in full tier 3 or 6.

Nah. This kind of reasoning is why we had raid attunements. Fuck that noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Nah. This kind of reasoning is why we had raid attunements. Fuck that noise.
    Raid attunements should make a come back. They were fun ways of setting goals for you and your raid team and when you got attuned, it was the greatest feeling.

More exclusive content needs to come back.

You have many this thread many times already and even on your alt accounts.

No the game doesn't need more exclusive shit, There is already a ton of it. No the game doesn't need raid attunements, It was a shit system and its why its no longer used.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Yes. I desperately want to see them ruin this game completely.

Mythic raiders get their mounts and titles, and gear colorations that aren't available on other difficulties. Their armor sets often have additional details or effects. Those are all things they can visibly show off.

What more do you want beyond unique armor, mounts, and titles? That's plenty, it certainly doesn't need more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Raid attunements should make a come back. They were fun ways of setting goals for you and your raid team and when you got attuned, it was the greatest feeling.

More exclusive content needs to come back.
    Thankfully, it'll never happen. You really think a Blizzard dev would get into a board meeting and go, "So, hey, you know how we've spent the last four expansions making content more accessible? Yeah. Let's go ahead and do the opposite."?

raid attunements kinda exist at the moment, your whole raid doesn't have 54 traits? enjoy hitting mythic spellblade/krosus berserk timers for 99.5% of guilds, then star augur/elisande/gul'dan without 54 isn't happening bar 1 insanely geared alt for world first guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    raid attunements kinda exist at the moment, your whole raid doesn't have 54 traits? enjoy hitting mythic spellblade/krosus berserk timers for 99.5% of guilds, then star augur/elisande/gul'dan without 54 isn't happening bar 1 insanely geared alt for world first guilds.
    That's for upper Mythic progression which is a very small portion of the game's population. Raid attunements blocked 99.5% of players from ever even stepping foot in the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    That's for upper Mythic progression which is a very small portion of the game's population. Raid attunements blocked 99.5% of players from ever even stepping foot in the instance.
    to be fair in tbc, so did their difficulty lol, first boss SSC? ahh hope your tanks have some frost/nature resist, sure they do right? you basically needed a proper raiding guild to do these raids in current content, even if say SSC had no attunement good luck pugging it until most of the raid was in much better gear, which they could only get from even harder content....which also had attunements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Mythic raiders get their mounts and titles, and gear colorations that aren't available on other difficulties. Their armor sets often have additional details or effects. Those are all things they can visibly show off.

What more do you want beyond unique armor, mounts, and titles? That's plenty, it certainly doesn't need more.
    Just some dungeons and raids that people cant queue for. Like they did at the beginning of legion with CoS and Arcway, and Karazhan.

Why is it such taboo to want some exclusive content? It makes the content more rewarding when its exclusive. Do you disagree with this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it takes ressource to create content, and if only 5% of the players use it, it's useless!

I think Blizzard was tired of this too, one of the reason why Naxx has been released twice.

Depends, it can be done right, or it can suck.

Entire raids blocked off from 80% of the playerbase is stupid as heck, but class quests/campaigns/content, mythic bonus bosses/phases i think are great.

I think you can add in exclusive content without having to waste too many resources, like how world quests reuse the leveling zones

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Just some dungeons and raids that people cant queue for. Like they did at the beginning of legion with CoS and Arcway, and Karazhan.

Why is it such taboo to want some exclusive content? It makes the content more rewarding when its exclusive. Do you disagree with this?
    CoS is fine and fun along with Kara, but Arcway is one of the most boring 5-man dungeons i've ever done tbh.

NO and I agree with Meizor Archway not only was boring to me
    but it was the most boring dungeon I ever played even more than voilet hold
    Last edited by Farrarie; 2017-02-18 at 05:40 AM.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    No, I feel the opposite way, as things should be made more casual and inclusive.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    No, I feel the opposite way, as things should be made more casual and inclusive.
    There you go op, moon guard is on the case. Looks like some goldshire bedroom raiders dismissed it.