Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "Exclusivity" isn't the right way to frame things at all. It should be more about posing a challenge to the player on a regular basis.

The thing about WoW right now is that the game's extremely reluctant to pose a challenge to a player in 90% of situations. Basic combat is never a challenge, structured world content (questlines, world quests, events, etc) are all designed to reward players for showing up and participating for X amount of time rather than giving them a fail condition, and the stuff that actually makes the player think about what they're doing or tests their skill is a novelty. If overcoming obstacles makes for good gameplay, then WoW is absolutely atrocious at it.

A game being "inclusive" and "casual" works, but it has come at the expense of undermining the underlying gameplay. Combat shouldn't be an utter joke any time I'm not in a heroic/mythic raid. It's almost at Pokemon levels of insipid easiness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Simple question. Should the game have MORE exclusive content than it does now?

One of the things missing from the soul of WoW is exclusivity in content. Back when everything wasn't on the queue, it felt good to get into those forms of raid content because it signified that you were on top of your game. If you made it anywhere in the Black Temple, you were looked up to by all around you.

I remember standing on the post in Iron Forge in full T6 Warlock set and people would always be inspecting me and walking by asking where I got the gear.

I think the game needs to return to MORE exclusivity, not less. Which is why I think keeping content off the queue is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.

People should be required to put effort into the game to experience the exclusive content.
    What ingame would you currently consider exclusive content? Pet battle tournaments and world quests? Raiding? PVP? Fishing? Archaeology?

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Yeah, its fun that I cannot acquire the only kaldorei mount in the game because I do not PVP. Totally fun. Its also very fun that its character bound and not account bound.

/sarcasm
    Are you seriously crying not being able to get the pvp mount? Those are for people who are rewarded for being good at the game. I think exclusive items make the game more meaningful. Everything shouldn't be rewarded like a participation ribbon. It makes peoplet actually try in the game and are rewarded for doing something challenging. I wish they did more exclusive things. It makes you and your character unique able to accomplish something the general population can't do and be proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    "Exclusivity" isn't the right way to frame things at all. It should be more about posing a challenge to the player on a regular basis.

The thing about WoW right now is that the game's extremely reluctant to pose a challenge to a player in 90% of situations. Basic combat is never a challenge, structured world content (questlines, world quests, events, etc) are all designed to reward players for showing up and participating for X amount of time rather than giving them a fail condition, and the stuff that actually makes the player think about what they're doing or tests their skill is a novelty. If overcoming obstacles makes for good gameplay, then WoW is absolutely atrocious at it.

A game being "inclusive" and "casual" works, but it has come at the expense of undermining the underlying gameplay. Combat shouldn't be an utter joke any time I'm not in a heroic/mythic raid. It's almost at Pokemon levels of insipid easiness.
    Here's a sad thing though... Unlike IRL, in games majority of player base doesn't seek any challenge, many players simply walk away or even quit playing if they face challenge, they don't feel the need to overcome difficulties, they don't want to git gud.

That's the reason why challenging content is an option and not a norm.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-02-18 at 06:03 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just some dungeons and raids that people cant queue for. Like they did at the beginning of legion with CoS and Arcway, and Karazhan.

Why is it such taboo to want some exclusive content? It makes the content more rewarding when its exclusive. Do you disagree with this?
    No it really doesn't make it more rewarding, all it does is just make those players more annoying..

Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    NO and I agree with Meizor Archway not only was boring to me
    but it was the most boring dungeon I ever played even more than voilet hold
    Why? It's a decently filled dungeon much like any other. Can understand hating CoS cos of that dull party scene, but arcway? Huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Mythic raiders get their mounts and titles, and gear colorations that aren't available on other difficulties. Their armor sets often have additional details or effects. Those are all things they can visibly show off.

What more do you want beyond unique armor, mounts, and titles? That's plenty, it certainly doesn't need more.
    It's Jaylock. He won't be happy until everyone needs to do a BT raid attunement to pick a spec at level 10 because "muh exclusivity" or some such nonsense if this isn't just another one of his, erm, bridge-dwelling threads of which he has something of a long history of.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

exclusivity in wow is dead aslong as the community and cross realm are alive

10+ Year Old Account
    Just some dungeons and raids that people cant queue for. Like they did at the beginning of legion with CoS and Arcway, and Karazhan.

Why is it such taboo to want some exclusive content? It makes the content more rewarding when its exclusive. Do you disagree with this?
    Neither Arcway nor Court of Stars felt mechanically more difficult or engaging than other Mythics. Karazhan, only because Blizz directly went on-record that it was meant to feel like a five-player raid (and just like raids, it's getting queueable wings after any raider who deserves to call themselves such has already downed the end boss and pushed the next difficulty up). I didn't feel any more special just because I slogged through yet another Mythic HoV to attune myself to Karazhan and frankly, nothing in any three of those dungeons was so super special awesome that I sat there and said, "This was totally worth it and 100% superior to doing high-ranked Mythics of the dungeons that have Heroic queues."

To me, the fun lay in doing the content and seeing how high I can push a keystone, not in how tightly the game can artificially shrink the pool of potential party members until I spend the better part of an afternoon just trying to find a group let alone get shit done just so some other nerd I'll never meet or play with can beat his meat thinking of how he passed some arbitrary skill wall to see a shiny environment map and mechanics that showed up in a raid five years ago.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Strudle is a nice name for a character.

I remember standing on the post in Iron Forge in full T6 Warlock set and people would always be inspecting me and walking by asking where I got the gear.
    No, because what you're talking about here exclusivity by means of restriction. When content was gated from one to the other you had to clear T4 to get access to T5 to get access to T6. That kind of content cannot exist in the world of MMORPGs anymore. When the concept was relatively new and competition was minimal you could get away with that. But now this game is 12 years old and there's no way they're going to backtrack and regate content.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

LOL "exclusive content". You're still in that place in your life, yes?
    In the meantime, it's 2017, Jessica Simpson isn't being played on the radio any more, and aren't you supposed to have a job by now, anyway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    Because it takes ressource to create content, and if only 5% of the players use it, it's useless!

I think Blizzard was tired of this too, one of the reason why Naxx has been released twice.
    While I enjoy exclusive content, I don't think its the way to go.

7+ Year Old Account
    Simple question. Should the game have MORE exclusive content than it does now?

One of the things missing from the soul of WoW is exclusivity in content. Back when everything wasn't on the queue, it felt good to get into those forms of raid content because it signified that you were on top of your game. If you made it anywhere in the Black Temple, you were looked up to by all around you.

I think the game needs to return to MORE exclusivity, not less. Which is why I think keeping content off the queue is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.

People should be required to put effort into the game to experience the exclusive content.
    No. This pretty much reads as "back then I could show off how awesome I am, but now I can't, QQ". Get over it.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Yeah, its fun that I cannot acquire the only kaldorei mount in the game because I do not PVP. Totally fun. Its also very fun that its character bound and not account bound.

/sarcasm
    The towers are 100% PvE. Your choice to stay misinformed for so long.

10+ Year Old Account

No, shouldn't need more than it has, it is fine as it is now, I think.

As for those three dungeons, they weren't exclusive as long as you wanted to go there.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Thankfully, it'll never happen. You really think a Blizzard dev would get into a board meeting and go, "So, hey, you know how we've spent the last four expansions making content more accessible? Yeah. Let's go ahead and do the opposite."?
    I hope they would. The reason why Vanilla WoW was so much fun for people was because of how ridiculous the farm was. Honestly some of the farm in Vanilla was much much better than this shit now. I hate farming boring ass easy mode WQs, lfr, dungeons, and the like for AP and legendary chance. None of this grind leads anywhere.

In Vanilla, you ground out levels to reach 60 then you ground dungeons and attunement quests for raiding, then you farmed t1 for the gear to do t2 and 2.5 which included building up resistance sets so you could step into t3 to kill the first boss and have your guild collapse from the sheer pressure of the fact that only 23 guilds downed KT before TBC was released. The fact that there was always something harder to do made people want to progress and do more. There wasn't a boring like "Oh we have to do this daily thing or else we don't get our emissary legendary chance. We should also do our daily heroic for that once a day AP bonus too." Like... fuck that. You did dungeons because you wanted to get better. You did everything in the game to progress the power of your character for a reason. There is not really that reason anymore.

The new raids don't require you to farm the previous tier of content in order to even kill the first boss. You have LFR and normal mode which are clearable in gear that you can get from WQs. EN heroic isn't exciting anymore because it's useless. It doesn't feel good. You don't feel like you're doing anything when you know you could just be doing NH normal mode for better gear.

Deleted
    Nah, I don't really see a reason why we would need - and why Blizzard should spend resources on - more content for a small percentage of the playerbase. It's fine as it is.

No. And given this is a Jaylock-thread: Noooo.

Literally all legitimate PvP rewards and the best fights in raiding are locked to the most high-end and dedicated players. We really don't need more locked away.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.