10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    You are acting as if these don't exists when creating a 3D model. You have complete freedom when creating the face, you can add as much and any type of "makeup" to make the face look good. Since it's an image that was release to create hype they could have also spend more than 2 seconds to focus the eyes and light the scene properly.
    The goal wasn't to make Ryder as "pretty" as they could. She's a rugged explorer, not a fashion model. Her default model isn't all painted up because, like a lot of women who work in field roles, she doesn't bother. And that's fine.

They based her off a model, so the bones are there, and players are free to add makeup in character creation if they want to.

The only real differences between that image and Rossi's shots is that Rossi's wearing tons of makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Still enough time to replay all MEs back to back just in case save imports become relevant again.
    If they do, it won't happen until the next game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some guy on Reddit went through and screen capped all the abilities and stuff from the trailer, in case anyone wanted to read them without needing to skip around a video.

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/...t_trailer_and/

Still enough time to replay all MEs back to back just in case save imports become relevant again.
    I already went through the trilogy with my new sentinel and i'm currently as far as the genophage. My first and 2nd shep saves are safely stored. I think i'll make a vanguard too.

Dont think we'll need them though.

my plans for MEA

1. Stealth sniper built to flank and sneak into position. Tech/biotics focused only on helping with disables/cc and positioning/escape.
    2. Vanguard style build with shotguns/melee with heavy defense. Reckless high risk/high reward open combat style.
    3. A Caster build with as many casted tech/biotic abilities as i can manage. Lite weapon usage with a focus on offensive casting and any possible CC/disables. A strategic ability user who controls the flow of battle.
    4. Weapon Focused soldier with a few key biotic/tech abilities that are focused solely in the pursuit of more dakka.
    5. On the fly ability/weapon choices that i make up as i go along the story and face different situations at the highest difficulty. Just to see what pops out at the end. Just because thats more possible than ever now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    I already went through the trilogy with my new sentinel and i'm currently as far as the genophage. My first and 2nd shep saves are safely stored. I think i'll make a vanguard too.

Dont think we'll need them though.

my plans for MEA

1. Stealth sniper built to flank and sneak into position. Tech/biotics focused only on helping with disables/cc and positioning/escape.
    2. Vanguard style build with shotguns/melee with heavy defense. Reckless high risk/high reward open combat style.
    3. A Caster build with as many casted tech/biotic abilities as i can manage. Lite weapon usage with a focus on offensive casting and any possible CC/disables. A strategic ability user who controls the flow of battle.
    4. Weapon Focused soldier with a few key biotic/tech abilities that are focused solely in the pursuit of more dakka.
    5. On the fly ability/weapon choices that i make up as i go along the story and face different situations at the highest difficulty. Just to see what pops out at the end. Just because thats more possible than ever now.
    Historically, soldier has always been the most OP.

Its also been the most boring. Its pretty much your average third person shooter Gears of War clone.

At least for me anyways. Which is why on ME2, I moved from Soldier to Vanguard and never looked back. Biotics are WAY too fun to not use. Tech powers have their pro's too. But focusing purely on weapon damage seems like a bore. Effective of course, but not very exciting.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss my Krogan Warlord and Krogan Sentinel. Flying around the map one shotting everything. Or smashing things in with a hammer. I think it's the only time where I have ever gone. BAM when I hit somebody with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In PvP or something? Because Vanguard was stupidly OP in ME2 and moreso in ME3. Like "effectively immortal in almost every fight in the game while laughing at the concept of cover" OP.

Yep I'm just about done now, just finished the Cerberus base assault mission. Will probably do the final mission sometime this weekend. I don't want to pick Destroy(its what I did the first time)but the other options just seem "meh" to me especially to my Renegade FemShep.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Some guy on Reddit went through and screen capped all the abilities and stuff from the trailer, in case anyone wanted to read them without needing to skip around a video.

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/...t_trailer_and/
    Lot of options, pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    21 march, 23rd for EU. In about a month.
    Is it gonna be out for PC? Because then it'll surely release the same day on steam, right?
    Or is it console exclusive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Is it gonna be out for PC? Because then it'll surely release the same day on steam, right?
    EA stopped doing business with Valve for new releases after DA2. It's on PC, but needs Origin.

Combat looks good. Lots of customisation.

I just want my soldier back, adrenaline burst + headshots with sniper/firing a 100 bullet per mag machine gun was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    It'll be out on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

The PC version wont be on steam though. EA got jealous of how much money Valve was making with Steam, so they decided to launch their own digital distribution platform, called Origin.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    It'll be out on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

The PC version wont be on steam though. EA got jealous of how much money Valve was making with Steam, so they decided to launch their own digital distribution platform, called Origin.
    I have a feeling like they had a falling out over revenue sharing. Origin works pretty well. Plus I have a few of the On the House games that are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I have a feeling like they had a falling out over revenue sharing. Origin works pretty well. Plus I have a few of the On the House games that are fun.
    It was a pretty shitty client early on, but it has certainly gotten better over time. Just like Steam. Who knew that time would improve on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Less a falling out and more EA realizing that they could just create their own storefront and sell digitally without losing the 30% cut Valve takes (which is the same that Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo take). Same reason Ubisoft created Uplay (though they still sell keys through other storefronts).

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It was a pretty shitty client early on, but it has certainly gotten better over time. Just like Steam. Who knew that time would improve on things.
    Yeah, it was complete dogshit early on, and they were making many of the mistakes that Valve had already made (and EA should have learned from). It was rough for quite a while, but now they've finally got it in a pretty solid state. It functions just fine nowadays (at least for me), and I actually quite like the last UI overhaul for Origin. Looks pretty clean/slick for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The goal wasn't to make Ryder as "pretty" as they could. She's a rugged explorer, not a fashion model. Her default model isn't all painted up because, like a lot of women who work in field roles, she doesn't bother. And that's fine.

They based her off a model, so the bones are there, and players are free to add makeup in character creation if they want to.

The only real differences between that image and Rossi's shots is that Rossi's wearing tons of makeup.
    I mostly agree, but the eyes, man. They just don't look very good. I think most of the uncanny valley comes from the overly big and dead-looking eyes. Albeit she did look pretty decent in the in-game character screen when armored.

Still, I rewatched this twice and I'm still hyped. This is going to be a lot of fun. My first character is probably going to be a Vanguard-type who uses a flamer. I just hope we can access the Favorites menu in combat; being limited to 3 skills per firefight is much too few.

So now that we know melee is its own weapon class, its time to plan out a "Ryder Space Samurai" play through.

Also cool to see how 3 gun types act. Milky Way self explanatory. Remnant over heating beam based guns. Helius cluster races, heat seeking plasma based. Heat seeking sniper rifles should be fun.

The fact that they said Helius cluster races over native Andromida races makes me think we might only be playing in once cluster of Andromida, where as in 1-3 we had an entire galexy thanks to the Relays. Its going to make every habitable planet worth dying for.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Biotic Charge, Stealth & Krogan Hammer. That's all I need.
    https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/832809923062984704

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I absolutely disagree with this. While I freely admit that I reload constantly in games that allow it, it's something I consider an abuse of game mechanics that ruins the flow of the story. I do think the choices should be CLEAR, and some games have had poor conversation choice systems (Fallout 4's default system, for all I love about the game, is godawful in this regard), but if you choose something which has consequences that were unexpected and potentially unwanted, I think that's a good thing.

For one, it makes choices matter. You'll want to be cautious about what you do, knowing the "wrong" choice could blow up in a bad way. If you make the choice you feel was right and things go south, you at least have the moral high ground.

For two, it preserves narrative flow. I'd rather NOT reload the same conversation 3-4 times to get the response I want every time. If I'm rude to someone in an early conversation, so they won't help me in a later crisis, that's great.

It also creates a lot of room for replay value. You aren't reloading to see every outcome, so you're getting the full experience of one character's playthrough, and then you can play through with a different character, with a different outlook, and see how that changes things, in somewhat unpredictable ways.
    I agree with you in theory, but in practice such approach leads me personally to read a lot of spoilers to make sure that I don't accidentally make a choice that will, for example, kill one of my favorite characters, or that will lead to a very unsatisfying ending. Choices mattering long-term is realistic and, probably, more engaging - but it also leads to a lot of frustrations.

I think, at least, choices having a long-term effect should be more or less obvious. It is pretty clear that being a jerk to your companion early on isn't a great way to build a good relationship, but it's not clear that if you don't kill and, instead, spare that particular villain, 15 hours later your love interest will be killed violently by him - the possible negative effect should be made more or less clear, for example, by your love interest telling you that he/she is afraid of being killed by that villain and strongly urges you to reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    March 21 for US, March 23 for EU. So, soon!
    Damn it... I likely won't be able to complete my Skyrim playthrough by then. Oh well, maybe I'll join in a bit later, with the benefit of the essential patches!

---

The combat looks fine, but was the cover mechanics completely scrapped? Cover mechanics was what gave ME combat that unique feel of a "surreal realism", I wouldn't want the combat to be more like a regular action RPG. Well, we will see in a month in any case.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.