10+ Year Old Account
    The more gameplay i see, the more i want to play but what is problem?

At least for most of you guys, price is not an problem. But for me is. In Poland price even for standard edition is 199 PLN(Złotych) For which i can't afford sadly. Damn you EA, why you don't give Origin gifting option?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post

At least for most of you guys, price is not an problem. But for me is. In Poland price even for standard edition is 199 PLN(Złotych) For which i can't afford sadly. Damn you EA, why you don't give Origin gifting option?!
    I think your case falls under the "piracy can be a good thing for games" blanket.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I agree with you in theory, but in practice such approach leads me personally to read a lot of spoilers to make sure that I don't accidentally make a choice that will, for example, kill one of my favorite characters, or that will lead to a very unsatisfying ending.
    But this is something that has already been experienced.

Bioware has set up long-term consequences that cannot be altered unless you're willing to replay several hours of gameplay. Such an example is Legion's loyalty mission.

Destroy the heretics vs reprogram them. Choose the latter, and its one point against you for achieving peace with the quarians and geth in ME3.

Another big one is killing or sparing Wrex in ME1. Destroying or saving Maleon's cure in ME2. Both of these have heavy consequences in ME3.

And choosing the wrong one CAN give you unintended consequences much later that can only be rectified by replaying entire games. I want something like that on a smaller scale, within the same game. Where decisions made during the first 5 hours end up delivering consequences (For good or ill) 20 hours later. It gives the game a ton of replayability, rather than make a decision 5 hours into the game, only to have the consequence visible 5 minutes later, in which case I just quick-load the game and choose again. And right there, replayability value, went down.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel you man, I'm in venezuela myself, and the game costs more or less what I make in 2 years (not hyperbole. 60 dollars are roughly 252,000 bolivars give or take, and I make about 130,000 bolivars a year).

Thankfully, I managed to make a deal with a friend in wow, where in exchange for my aid in several important things, she's gifting me the game. Though it will mean I'll be having a hard time getting the DLCs. Bioware and Bethesda are the only companies I ever bother getting DLCs for, because I know every penny of them is worth it.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I think your case falls under the "piracy can be a good thing for games" blanket.
    No thanks, i would rather have at least taste and buy later in lower price. Than do piracy...

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post

I feel you man, I'm in venezuela myself, and the game costs more or less what I make in 2 years (not hyperbole. 60 dollars are roughly 252,000 bolivars give or take, and I make about 130,000 bolivars a year).

Thankfully, I managed to make a deal with a friend in wow, where in exchange for my aid in several important things, she's gifting me the game. Though it will mean I'll be having a hard time getting the DLCs. Bioware and Bethesda are the only companies I ever bother getting DLCs for, because I know every penny of them is worth it.
    Wish i could made as well such a deal, but i don't know anyone in EU WoW, who might do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would imply that this is Bioware's fault. I certainly wouldn't fault Deso for pirating the game if 199 PLN is extremely expensive, but it isn't really Bioware or EA's fault that the exchange rate between the US Dollar and PLN is crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this can't be right.

I looked into it :

https://www.linio.com.mx/sp/technology-price-index-2016

Look at the last ranking, now look at the price compare to any other country. I think it's right. (The last ranking is the "extreme", it's not a #72 in ranking, more like a "this country is dead last" and that's pretty frightening to be honest )
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2017-02-18 at 09:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is quite expensive. For you two at least.

It is pretty bad that we can't gift yet. I own two copies of SimCity because of it.

It is. I mean, I don't wanna derail the thread by talking about such an offtopic subject, but my country is in a pretty crazy situation at the moment, and experiencing the highest inflation rate in the world and the biggest humanitarian crisis on our history. (Not to mention the highest murder-rate in the american continent, and second highest murder rate on the planet, with my own city Caracas being declared the most violent city in the world. That awkard moment when one realizes that cities in ISIS-controlled territory are actually safer than my own)

If it wasn't for the wow token, I would have been forced to retire from wow for a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post

It is pretty bad that we can't gift yet. I own two copies of SimCity because of it.
    Technically speaking one can buy a game via digital distribution (such as Amazon for example) then pass the game key. That's how my friend is gifting me the game. But I dunno if its possible to gift DLC. Those don't have keys right?

Deleted
    Then you could just shank someone in the street for their copy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post

Even worse, i got some funds at least for DLC for ME2, but problem is i can't buy it because i don't have credit card or other payment options. I heard there was in Origin gifting option, but is no longer avaliable.

Also... I have waited long for game, where i may throw one guy to another and made boom! :P

15+ Year Old Account
    https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/o...s-with-origin/

They have had a gifting option since at least November 2016.

- - - Updated - - -

Technically speaking one can buy a game via digital distribution (such as Amazon for example) then pass the game key. That's how my friend is gifting me the game. But I dunno if its possible to gift DLC. Those don't have keys right?
    Assuming they will still use Bioware points you can buy those through Amazon. https://smile.amazon.com/BioWare-Poi...del%2Bdlc&th=1
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Then you could just shank someone in the street for their copy.
    You are assuming anyone over here has a copy and they'd just casually carry it with them on the street. On foot.

That's like assuming someone in the US would walk around the streets alone wearing a necklace made entirely of diamonds gold and platinum, right in the middle of a ghetto neighborhood.

There are no gaming stores in venezuela. Just about anyone that has non-pirated games has them in digital format. And the very few extremely privileged elite that can have physical copies of their games, have to import them into the country via black market (Thanks to a general ban in videogames that prevents their legal import through normal means)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    The combat looks fine, but was the cover mechanics completely scrapped? Cover mechanics was what gave ME combat that unique feel of a "surreal realism
    Why do people keep assuming this? on the latest combat trailer, there are a few scenes where you can see Ryder fighting from cover. The cover system wasn't removed, it was just refined, in the sense that there's no dedicated "get to cover" button. You just run towards whatever waist-high piece of cover you can find, and Ryder will automatically go into cover, with you getting out of it if you back away. Similar to how the Tomb Raider reboot and The Last of Us did it.

Should you desire to fight from cover, that's entirely a viable option. its just not the only way to fight anymore, given the ample mobility granted by the jetpack.

In fact, one of the soldier skills seen in the trailers is precisely a portable deployable cover you can drop wherever you want, so you can shoot from cover even in the middle of an open field.

Why do people keep assuming this? on the latest combat trailer, there are a few scenes where you can see Ryder fighting from cover. The cover system wasn't removed, it was just refined, in the sense that there's no dedicated "get to cover" button. You just run towards whatever waist-high piece of cover you can find, and Ryder will automatically go into cover, with you getting out of it if you back away. Similar to how the Tomb Raider reboot and The Last of Us did it.
    That's also how it worked in ME1, though only certain objects could be used as cover. That trailer mentions that we will be able to use "almost anything" as cover.

I am interestingly surprised with how much was done with combat. Might break up the monotonal feel gameplay can turn into with single player. I am glad there still will be classes. An interesting variety of weapons with different themes to them including a collector type that are cool down based rather than being mod only along with a tracking type. I hope there will be a claymore. No image of a harrier though while might be a good balance choice to not have it besides time line.

Looking forward to how squad abilities will work without the pause. One couldnt really hot key multiple squad abilities.

Should you desire to fight from cover, that's entirely a viable option. its just not the only way to fight anymore, given the ample mobility granted by the jetpack.

In fact, one of the soldier skills seen in the trailers is precisely a portable deployable cover you can drop wherever you want, so you can shoot from cover even in the middle of an open field.
    I am just hoping there is not a large magnetic pull to cover. Not clinging to cover was a good way to reduce exposed profile when shooting around corners and high cover. Was very beneficial for energy weapon use.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I mostly agree, but the eyes, man. They just don't look very good. I think most of the uncanny valley comes from the overly big and dead-looking eyes. Albeit she did look pretty decent in the in-game character screen when armored.

Still, I rewatched this twice and I'm still hyped. This is going to be a lot of fun. My first character is probably going to be a Vanguard-type who uses a flamer. I just hope we can access the Favorites menu in combat; being limited to 3 skills per firefight is much too few.
    This trailer shows her in cut scene at another angle and in game at her so called "bad" face front. She looks far more natural in game while cut scenes even in the "good" angles still have the fake doll look to them. It is like dealing with creepy Shepard smile except that is limited.

Ive seen some defenders of Sarah rag on FemShep being ugly. Apparently only one side is allowed to have an opinion.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-02-18 at 08:45 PM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/...ks_like_sarah/

Just saying.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/833072132565385218

"PRO TIP: With the right skill choices, it's possible to biotically Pull 2 guys at once, then Throw them....at two separate targets. #space"

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/833072132565385218

"PRO TIP: With the right skill choices, it's possible to biotically Pull 2 guys at once, then Throw them....at two separate targets. #space"
    I keep thinking how changes like this will make multiplayer quite amusing assuming they will be available. I also wonder if abilities like charging overload for chaining is part of overload or a skill choice like pull will be. Will two enemy pull be a charge effect or just an unlock.

I am also trying to figure out if players can expect to use the hover in air without getting blown to bits in higher difficulties. At the moment seems a bit more hey why not than hey this is practical.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-02-19 at 02:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But this is something that has already been experienced.

Bioware has set up long-term consequences that cannot be altered unless you're willing to replay several hours of gameplay. Such an example is Legion's loyalty mission.

Destroy the heretics vs reprogram them. Choose the latter, and its one point against you for achieving peace with the quarians and geth in ME3.

Another big one is killing or sparing Wrex in ME1. Destroying or saving Maleon's cure in ME2. Both of these have heavy consequences in ME3.

And choosing the wrong one CAN give you unintended consequences much later that can only be rectified by replaying entire games. I want something like that on a smaller scale, within the same game. Where decisions made during the first 5 hours end up delivering consequences (For good or ill) 20 hours later. It gives the game a ton of replayability, rather than make a decision 5 hours into the game, only to have the consequence visible 5 minutes later, in which case I just quick-load the game and choose again. And right there, replayability value, went down.
    But those decisions were more or less obvious. It was clear, for example, that destroying the cure made possible curing of genophage in the future, which is already incredibly hard, nearly impossible - for me the decision was a no-brainer, the reasoning was simply that "Krogan lives matter". Sparing Wrex also wasn't much of a decision: one of the Shepard's core crew, one of the most awesome characters, a guy who demonstrated ability for much more reason than any other Krogan ever and who was the only visible chance at uniting the Krogan under a civil banner one day...

An example of what I hate is the Morinth/Samara choice. While obviously Samara is a better choice lore-wise, Morinth is also quite a character, and it would be nice to choose her in one of the playthroughs to see where it leads. Sadly, it leads to her turning into a random banshee in ME3, without any other interaction with her, while Samara has a whole mission dedicated to her, plus a bit of interaction afterwards.

I'm fine with choices leading to completely different outcomes, but somewhat comparable outcomes. Not with choices in which making the right choice rewards you with a lot of interaction with a rich character, while the wrong choice simply leaves you frustrated at the missed opportunities. In the latter case, I would prefer the choices to matter very soon, so, if I'm unhappy, I could replay the part.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    That would imply that this is Bioware's fault. I certainly wouldn't fault Deso for pirating the game if 199 PLN is extremely expensive, but it isn't really Bioware or EA's fault that the exchange rate between the US Dollar and PLN is crazy.
    Could always do what I did. Back when I lived in an average family in a poor country, and especially being an undergrad, I couldn't afford most games, so I pirated them. Then, after I moved to the US, I bought a lot of the games I'd played, even those I wasn't planning on ever playing them again.

I'm not advocating for piracy, but it is good to also be understanding of people's situations and not always looking at it from the developer's point of view. Bioware doesn't lose anything from people from Venezuela playing their games for free, since they wouldn't be able to purchase them anyway - and, should the economical situation in Venezuela ever improve, they can always cash in on the acquired games' popularity there. Everybody wins, the way I see it.

Again, I'm not advocating for piracy, simply expressing an opinion. Don't ban pls!
    Last edited by May90; 2017-02-19 at 04:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

They updated the character kit images.

https://imgur.com/a/m8eup
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-19 at 09:19 AM.