Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I am at my fourth with 7000+ Kill Points.
    My GF on the other hand is on her sixth with 1800.

The world is cruel.
    I just wanted to say that after writing this "complain" I got 2 more legendaries yesterday and they were good ones. Not the best, but so much stronger than the other 4.
    Seems like I need to complain more

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question for you, knowledgeable players. I got two really bad legendaries for my main character in a two weeks span. Will it be easier to level up another character of my class hoping ill get better first two legendaries than to waiting for 3rd legendary to drop on my main toon? I play like 2-3 hours in a day, doing WQs, LFR and heroics/non+ mythics.

Also do LFR bosses and World Bosses give a chance to drop legendary if i kill them more than once in a week? I mean, would it be profitable to do LFR more than once in a week?

Right now, in Patch 7.1.5, your first Legendary has the highest drop chance, the second still has a significant bonus, and then you’ll have the same chances to earn your third Legendary as you will your fourth, fifth, sixth, and so on.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753149009

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Doesn't respect the work of others.

Doesn't understand statistics.

Once a wise sage said: Never go full retarded.

Now imagine 5 thousand posts of this. Worse yet: imagine this person spilling some 2-3 thousand words everyday.
    yeah no, the thing is if it doesent get the average right, it could just be spouting random bullshit... it says on ALL my toons, i should have more/less legendaries then i do, my dk should have 3, has 0, my lock should have 3 has 5

Any idea how things might change with today's post confirming (well, stating), that there are no diminishing returns past your 3rd Legendary ?

Nothing really changes...the only real value of KP was having a semi-accurate way of measuring your effort. The criticisms of KP tracking are applied when trying to use that data to project or guess by what point you'd be expected to have received another legendary. It should never have been expected to be truly accurate for that purpose in the first place.

So...KP is largely unchanged. It's the community's best guess at measuring how much effort you're putting toward the legendary grind, and still cannot actually tell you when you're getting a legendary.

unless theyve been chaning more than they are saying. Doing all raids in all 4 difficulties and all the +0 mythic dungeons every week will still be a very good way to farm legendarys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandrin View Post
    Nothing really changes...the only real value of KP was having a semi-accurate way of measuring your effort. The criticisms of KP tracking are applied when trying to use that data to project or guess by what point you'd be expected to have received another legendary. It should never have been expected to be truly accurate for that purpose in the first place.

So...KP is largely unchanged. It's the community's best guess at measuring how much effort you're putting toward the legendary grind, and still cannot actually tell you when you're getting a legendary.
    Sure it does, the KP breakpoints are probably not as accurate anymore.

KP acquisition remains the same, yes, but the breakpoints probably will need/would be nice to revisit.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The rate at which players acquire Legendary items is a subject that we’ve kept a very close eye on since the launch of Legion. We’ve generally tried to avoid getting into too much technical detail on the system behind your chance to get a Legendary, but we would like to say a bit more on what we’ve done behind-the-scenes up to this point.

As many players have figured out, changes were made to legendary drop rates with patch 7.1 and patch 7.1.5 – when those patches went live, your chance to receive a Legendary increased in pretty much all cases. What you might not have noticed is that we’ve been steadily increasing your chances since then. One of our long-term goals is to allow you to switch specific Legendary items in and out as the situation warrants, and regularly increasing drop chances is one way of ensuring that that happens.

We’ve also made adjustments that leveled off what used to be steady decrease to your chance to get subsequent Legendaries after your first. When Legion launched, every time you earned a Legendary, your starting chance to earn your next one would be lower (and thus, the average time it took you to loot it would be longer). At this stage, however, most players in the Broken Isles are no longer hunting for their first Legendary, and many already have their second. We didn’t want you to feel as though your good fortune in the past equates to harder times in the future, so we normalized drop chances for subsequent Legendaries after your second. Right now, in Patch 7.1.5, your first Legendary has the highest drop chance, the second still has a significant bonus, and then you’ll have the same chances to earn your third Legendary as you will your fourth, fifth, sixth, and so on.

We think it’s important to get this across clearly: it currently takes the same amount of luck/effort to get your third Legendary as it takes to get your eighth. We’ve seen a few players and tools attempting to use historical data to predict their drop chances, but because of how regularly we’ve been increasing Legendary drop rates, that data is extremely outdated – and their conclusions extremely inaccurate. In short, your chance of receiving that next Legendary is probably a lot better than you think.
    /thread?

1st and 2nd Legiondaries have bonuses. 3rd+ is the same chance. The tl,dr is: Play the fucking game and you'll get Legiondaries.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2017-02-17 at 11:56 PM. Reason: dropped the d

Deleted
    brilliant love this hoping its quite accurate

Just got my 5th ledge....unfortunately those shithouse legs that heal you if you stand still. /sadface

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    While true, it also does confirm that previously it WAS the way people were saying - More legendaries = less chance to drop legendaries.

That said, those people were STILL dumb.
    He's referring to when there was a soft cap at 4 legendaries.

This whole thread is dumb and I'm glad it's dead for good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    He's referring to when there was a soft cap at 4 legendaries.

This whole thread is dumb and I'm glad it's dead for good.
    How are you sure blizzard arn't bullshitting? They said the same thing in the past.

"there's no bug with droprates" Lies.

"there's no cap / soft cap" Lies.

Thread is hardly dumb when blizzard lie to us and give us shitty info with no data.

Quote Originally Posted by deztruction View Post
    How are you sure blizzard arn't bullshitting? They said the same thing in the past.

"there's no bug with droprates" Lies.

"there's no cap / soft cap" Lies.

Thread is hardly dumb when blizzard lie to us and give us shitty info with no data.
    Or someone who has made up their mind already will refuse to see anything else.
    Pretty common when someone wants to see a certain result they will dismiss anyone disagreeing with them as either lying or being an "outlier".
    Pretending the exceptions don't exist is not helping prove anything.

Look what happened when we had sub numbers.
    Anyone who didn't want to believe numbers could go up would either dismiss it as lies, or come up with some reason to blame the casuals.
    Even if you have data, if it doesn't support what you want to see then you will find some way to dismiss it.

Typical response of "blizzard don't give me the answer I want, they are lying".
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-02-18 at 12:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

First they make statement that if you "hardcore" farm ap you will be only like 1% stronger that those players who only do emmisaries. And now they basically said that if you do a lot of activities for legendary drops you basically wasting your because chance is just random. And what is BLP then? Because I don't really feeling some bad luck protection when I got several utility legendaries in the row when also I have less legendaries then people who barely do any m+/mythic raids in my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    First they make statement that if you "hardcore" farm ap you will be only like 1% stronger that those players who only do emmisaries. And now they basically said that if you do a lot of activities for legendary drops you basically wasting your because chance is just random. And what is BLP then? Because I don't really feeling some bad luck protection when I got several utility legendaries in the row when also I have less legendaries then people who barely do any m+/mythic raids in my guild.
    RNG is RNG, yo.

The purpose of the post today was for them to share with us that outside of the modifiers for the first and second Legiondary, their drop rate from this point forward is constant. There will always be outliers (as in the examples you provided), but BLP should kick in and give players a linear income of Legiondaries as long as they're playing the game and completing content which is eligible to drop one.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The rate at which players acquire Legendary items is a subject that we’ve kept a very close eye on since the launch of Legion. We’ve generally tried to avoid getting into too much technical detail on the system behind your chance to get a Legendary, but we would like to say a bit more on what we’ve done behind-the-scenes up to this point.

As many players have figured out, changes were made to legendary drop rates with patch 7.1 and patch 7.1.5 – when those patches went live, your chance to receive a Legendary increased in pretty much all cases. What you might not have noticed is that we’ve been steadily increasing your chances since then. One of our long-term goals is to allow you to switch specific Legendary items in and out as the situation warrants, and regularly increasing drop chances is one way of ensuring that that happens.

We’ve also made adjustments that leveled off what used to be steady decrease to your chance to get subsequent Legendaries after your first. When Legion launched, every time you earned a Legendary, your starting chance to earn your next one would be lower (and thus, the average time it took you to loot it would be longer). At this stage, however, most players in the Broken Isles are no longer hunting for their first Legendary, and many already have their second. We didn’t want you to feel as though your good fortune in the past equates to harder times in the future, so we normalized drop chances for subsequent Legendaries after your second. Right now, in Patch 7.1.5, your first Legendary has the highest drop chance, the second still has a significant bonus, and then you’ll have the same chances to earn your third Legendary as you will your fourth, fifth, sixth, and so on.

We think it’s important to get this across clearly: it currently takes the same amount of luck/effort to get your third Legendary as it takes to get your eighth. We’ve seen a few players and tools attempting to use historical data to predict their drop chances, but because of how regularly we’ve been increasing Legendary drop rates, that data is extremely outdated – and their conclusions extremely inaccurate. In short, your chance of receiving that next Legendary is probably a lot better than you think.
    /thread?

1st and 2nd Legiondaries have bonuses. 3rd+ is the same chance. The tl,dr is: Play the fucking game and you'll get Legiondaries.
    I love how they acknowledge the community efforts. This thread in special, and the killpoints site, must have been the main reason behind this post.
    Well done, boys. Well done.

What a load of crap same effort for third as it is 4th,5th etc...
    It has taken me longer each legendary I got... crock or crap

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    What a load of crap same effort for third as it is 4th,5th etc...
    It has taken me longer each legendary I got... crock or crap
    That's what it says too. It worked like you described and now they changed it to take the same amount of time.