Deleted
    He's so shite that; if you play Arsenal in FM, you don't even want him as director of football.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Friday fun talk: Wenger has announced he will 100% manage next season, regardless of whether he is at Arsenal. So my question is, assuming an alternate reality where we finally rid ourselves of Wenger, what club can you picture him managing next season?
    can you imagine him managing real madrid? Or chelsea?

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    can you imagine him managing real madrid? Or chelsea?
    Why would either of those clubs go near him? Unless my time machine idea worked and it's 2006 again.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Why would either of those clubs go near him? Unless my time machine idea worked and it's 2006 again.
    You're sure it's all him, and not something more structural that's behind why he's only ever 'nearly' signing players?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You're sure it's all him, and not something more structural that's behind why he's only ever 'nearly' signing players?
    Wenger used to bring in players because they were desperate to work for him. We'd never have our best ever players like Henry or Vieira if it were another manager. Wenger clearly doesn't have that lure anymore. Even the players we have don't have faith in him. And this isn't even an issue with the signings; the squad on paper was surely good enough to win last years title. At the very least it's good enough to not get bashed at every stadium we go to. And this talk of not spending money is such a fucking meme. We spent over 100m in the summer, 100m two summers ago as well. Losing David Dein was a massive blow to the club but we've still signed good players and we are still capable of winning things. Arsene isn't.

I won't say we don't have problems other than Wenger, clearly we do, but a manager is easier to get rid of than a multi billionaire that visits England once a year if we're lucky and doesn't give a single shit what the fans think of him.
    Last edited by durrtygoodz; 2017-02-18 at 10:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Arsenal need someone like Tony Pulis

A no nonsense manager who will win trophies with a better squad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because playing like Stoke is going to win you the Premier League title. Who's ever heard of a team winning the league by parking the bus at home and etching out 1-0 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Yes, because playing like Stoke is going to win you the Premier League title. Who's ever heard of a team winning the league by parking the bus at home and etching out 1-0 wins.
    Always overachieves with his teams.

Would like to see what he does with a more talented group of players.
    I think people will be surprised.

Deleted
    So you'd of taken Pulis at Chelsea? get out.

I think for a while (around when Emirates was being built and after) it was a valid excuse to blame the board and not Wenger for spending little, but they are spending more money now and so that argument kinda goes out the window. Also it's not always how much money is spent but rather how you spend it. Like Xhaka cost Arsenal more than Kante cost Chelsea, just to name one example. One has been decent (but not made much of an impact), the other has been really great. You could argue that maybe Kante never wanted to go to Arsenal in the first place, but it still shows that Chelsea paid less for what has so far turned out to be a better signing.

Wenger has continued to buy players with weak mentality. You don't necessarily have to buy expensive players to get a winning mentality in the team, you need players who hate losing and will do everything they can to avoid that. Players who will fight for 90 minutes to get the result. But I think the problem runs through the whole club, when you have a board who settles for 4th, a manager who settles for 4th and then you expect the players to want more from the season. You kinda need that "everything else than 1st is failure"-mentality. Sure, 6 top clubs in PL fighting for the title, but if you are OK with 4th going into the season, you're not gonna have that fighting spirit to do much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Always overachieves with his teams.

Would like to see what he does with a more talented group of players.
    I think people will be surprised.
    I was being sarcastic, both United and Chelsea have had seasons where they won it by etching out a series of unconvincing boring 1-0 wins.

Infact it was the basis of the entire invincible season for Arsenal too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if sarcasm? This is how United last won the league, it's how Leicester won last season, and it's how Chelsea did it more than once and why Mou has a rep for it

- - - Updated - - -

I was being sarcastic, both United and Chelsea have had seasons where they won it by etching out a series of unconvincing boring 1-0 wins.

Infact it was the basis of the entire invincible season for Arsenal too.
    Glad you clarified... while I was posting

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    So you'd of taken Pulis at Chelsea? get out.
    Would have given him a chance at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Take a bow Lincoln.
    Hope they get a big pay day in the next round.

Deleted
    Just heard the Burnley result.

GIRFUY Lego man & Joey Barton.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Feel sorry for Zola. He's having a right mare at Birmingham.
    TELL ME ABOUT IT!!

As a Birmingham City fan he has been a complete waste of time we may as well have kept Gary Rowett!

Come on Huddersfield...

Deleted
    Millwall - Leicester fucking up my btts, bastards.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well done by Hudders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lincoln deserve a big name at home for this, brilliant stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Also fucking hell Leicester, things are just going from bad to worse for them.

Deleted
    Score draw as predicted for us.

Drinks on me tonight. What's yer pint?