"6" button on Razer Naga suddenly less sensitive

I've got a 2014 Razer Naga and as of about a week ago, the "6" button on it has become less sensitive than the others. It still works, it just requires a much more firm press in order to activate it.

All the other buttons seem to be perfectly fine, it's just the "6" that is suddenly less sensitive.

Any specific way I should go about fixing this?

Solved: Opened up the mouse and took apart the button setup, ran a little compressed air over it and wiggled the buttons a bit, put it back together and now the "6" button works fine again.

Search YouTube for a guide on opening up the mouse.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-02-20 at 03:56 AM.

Have you tried cleaning the mouse out? gently taping it on it's side or canned air can blow some gunk out

a week, hmm. sounds like a crumb or something got in there. start off trying what smacky said, give it a blast or air see if that helps.

they are actually just as easy to operate on as any other mouse, the extra buttons do not really add any difficulty at all, so if blasting with air doesn't help you can just take it apart and see if there is anything lodged in there, put it back together and give it a whirl.

if it still doesn't work, return it. or skip the operating and return it immediately if you are paranoid about warranty invalidation - though i'm sure i've read hundreds of people having no trouble with that.. guess you could contact them first and ask whether you should just return it or it they care if you try fiddlin~

reminds me it is about time for my annual mouse cleaning, cheers for that!

Yep, as others have said, sounds like something got in there.

Blast it with air, and if that doesn't work, take the outer casing off and go fishing.

I can't imagine it is a software problem. Such a thing would not just effect the 6 button.

Deleted
    From my experience, Razer products are built to last about a warranty period. After that shit starts to randomly break down.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyo View Post
    From my experience, Razer products are built to last about a warranty period. After that shit starts to randomly break down.
    Can confirm. When I had a Naga, after a month it would start to double click whenever i clicked the LMB once. I would never get another.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyo View Post
    Yep, this is actually the 3rd Naga 2014 that I've had. The first one worked flawlessly for about a year then started having issues with the scroll wheel button. RMA'd it and got a refurbished one. That refurbished one also worked for about a year, before having the same exact issue with the scroll wheel button, plus an extra problem with the scrolling itself. RMA'd that one as well and got the one I have now, which is starting to have issues with the "6" button.

If I have to RMA this one as well, I'm going to demand a different model, as it's clear that the 2014 Razer Naga has issues.

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    a week, hmm. sounds like a crumb or something got in there. start off trying what smacky said, give it a blast or air see if that helps.

they are actually just as easy to operate on as any other mouse, the extra buttons do not really add any difficulty at all, so if blasting with air doesn't help you can just take it apart and see if there is anything lodged in there, put it back together and give it a whirl.

if it still doesn't work, return it. or skip the operating and return it immediately if you are paranoid about warranty invalidation - though i'm sure i've read hundreds of people having no trouble with that.. guess you could contact them first and ask whether you should just return it or it they care if you try fiddlin~

reminds me it is about time for my annual mouse cleaning, cheers for that!
    I tried looking up a video of disassembling the 2014 Naga, and it doesn't look like you can clean the backs of the buttons, without really disassembling the inside of it.

Sadly there are no videos about the buttons not working, literally every video is about the scroll wheel or "tracking".

I'll try compressed air, though.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-02-18 at 05:34 PM.

oh i literally just cleaned mine up, would've taken pictures if i read this first D:

** edit: this is for a 2014 razer naga chroma wired mouse - i'm not actually sure if there is a 2014 non-chroma or if you have an epic (wireless) version.. i imagine they would be fairly similar though? apply some common sense and don't yank at stuff if you do venture into disassembly! **

quick guide for getting at the side buttons:

1. remove mouse pads, unscrew the 4 screws
    2. pop the top cover off carefully, there is a cable (3 pin?) you unplug from the mouse-board
    3. carefully pop the left side of the mouse off, flip up the little plastic tab that secures the ribbon cable and slide the ribbon out
    4. unscrew (4?) screws on the left side of the mouse that hold the buttons, remove the lil plastic frame that is holding the buttons in place
    5. lift the lil switch board out and place it somewhere safe
    6. push the buttons out as one unit (they are not going to fall everywhere, i promise), take the little white layer out from behind the buttons

and that's it really.. the buttons (the buttons themselves, not the switches on the board) are kinda like one thing that doesn't come apart. well, it might come apart, but i have tugged at it fairly hard and it doesn't wanna - so i'd treat it as one thing.

i clean mine with a toothbrush and 70% isopropyl alcohol, then a tissue to wipe it off. gave every part of the buttons a scrub, front and back.. but if you are just looking for bits of dirt that might be getting in the way of the buttons hitting the switches, you prob don't need to do that. as i said i was having my annual clean and getting that grime off that likes to hide in the gaps

oh and just in case it isn't obvious

1. put the buttons back in their hole in the left side of the mouse, put the white layer part back in behind them
    2. put the lil switch board back in
    3. put the plastic frame back in (it has one lil bit that hooks into the side of the mouse) and screw it in place
    4. slide the ribbon cable back into its connector, flip the plastic tab down to secure the ribbon, place the left side of the mouse back onto the main body of the mouse
    5. connect the (3 pin?) cable back into the mouse, push the top of the mouse back where it lives - the cable can be a bit annoying and get in the way of the cone where the colour cone is that shoots lights to the razer logo, just poke it until the top sits down nicely
    6. hold the mouse together, flip it over and screw the screws back in
    7. put the little mouse pads back on!
    Last edited by the boar; 2017-02-19 at 06:42 PM.

Yeah, I found a video guide for opening up a 2014 Naga.

I went ahead and did that, and after looking at the inside of the buttons...everything looked fine. Nothing was damaged or worn down, no gunk in there, nothing. I sprayed it with a little compressed air just to be sure, and put everything back together.

The 6 button seems to work fine now, as far as I can tell. I'm pressing it as lightly as I can, and it works.

Well alrighty then.