Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I guess i just wanted to see if people had been in my situation.
    But to answer random questions i do have logs some new. i don't know if my old logs will really do anything.

You're not exactly the category of players progression guilds desire tbh. Gear and AP aside, your absence after 2 weeks of EN is a giant red flag.

Assuming you're a great player and the guild decides to gear u for end game content, what's to say you won't disappear again right after u become geared and the guild is still progressing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by casserole View Post
    You're not exactly the category of players progression guilds desire tbh. Gear and AP aside, your absence after 2 weeks of EN is a giant red flag.

Assuming you're a great player and the guild decides to gear u for end game content, what's to say you won't disappear again right after u become geared and the guild is still progressing?
    I quit just due to Irl issues wasn't anything to with the game. i enjoyed the time i had raiding in those 2 weeks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by casserole View Post
    your absence after 2 weeks of EN is a giant red flag.

lol that's the most stupid thing I heard, I was in the same situation as the OP, grinded like a madman to get atleast to the 35th trait, cleared NH normal then heroic and going to start with mythic now (with the same guild that accepted me when I had shit AP and gear), it's never too late!
    Last edited by Dismembered; 2017-02-18 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymind View Post
    But to answer random questions i do have logs some new. i don't know if my old logs will really do anything.
    keep trying man, many progress guilds, maybe not world first, but server top 5-10 are more interested in the player and his drive instead of the status of his current toon. When you can show your commitment, some logs that your are doing top for your current item level (warcraftlogs is providing those) and are a positive person you could get into raiding in 1 or 2 weeks or so.
    just dont dream to big at the start. Many guild still would want to see atleast 35 traits in your weapon before you qualify for mythic progress. But you if you are a good player, nothing should stop you to get into heroics

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Holymind View Post

Get out of that mindset. If they see you having done well in your old logs and still well in your new logs (in your ilvl bracket) then it shows consistent greatness. Also give multiple new and old logs if possible, there's no reason to only show a few. Better too many than too few in that case.

Best thing you can do is apply and grind in the meantime. There aren't really any secret strats to give for writing an app. Just answer the questions and hope for the best. I also saw from that other thread you have a (few?) realm first(s). Mention that if the guild is low tier mythic. Might impress them if it wasn't on a dead server.

Just don't shoot too high and you'll eventually land a guild. Worst case you have to "work your way up" so to speak in preparation for 7.2. Join a top end heroic guild or super low end mythic guild and grind some M+ with them. As long as your logs are good and you're not an asshole or clueless in your app, your chances are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    lol that's the most stupid thing I heard, I was in the same situation as the OP, grinded like a madman to get atleast to the 35th trait, cleared NH normal then heroic and going to start with mythic now (with the same guild that accepted me when I had shit AP and gear), it's never too late!
    Horrible advice. You got lucky and expect others to get lucky as well. Don't take effort for granted OP, if you put in the time and effort, eventually it will pay off. It always does. Absolute worst case, you can't find a guild you fit in on your server and you transfer.
    Last edited by Teebu; 2017-02-18 at 11:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Horrible advice. You got lucky and expect others to get lucky as well. Don't take effort for granted OP, if you put in the time and effort, eventually it will pay off. It always does. Absolute worst case, you can't find a guild you fit in on your server and you transfer.
    What advice do you mean? I just said what happened to me.

You got lucky and expect others to get lucky as well.
    No i don't expect others to get lucky too.
    Last edited by Dismembered; 2017-02-18 at 11:22 AM.

With exception to players who have exceptional historical logs, no one is getting in to a mythic raiding guild of any note worthy level without 54 artifact traits and probably 1 of their BIS legendaries. Fortunately, you can use heroic guilds and early mythic guilds as stepping stone guilds to gear up and get logs to apply to higher level mythic guilds.

If you do this you should be able to clear NH mythic 10/10 before 7.2 and ToS, so long as you put the effort in.

Try and join a heroic and perhaps mythic guild that will let you sit bench. Keep working on your tune, you can get a pretty high iL from heroic, and then slowly plug away at your artifact. Most guilds won't look at that unless they are hardcore

Yes, definitely. At this point the minimum for mythic raiding is 885-895 ilvl depending on your legendaries, and 45+ wep lvl.

Don't listen to these people. It took me 2 weeks of playing 5 hours a night to get my Demon Hunter 880 geared and ready for mythic raiding in emerald nightmare. That included 3 gold traits but nothing more than that. And to be honest I didn't even remotely felt it was a pain and loved every minute of it. If you like the game, this is easy peasy business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    With exception to players who have exceptional historical logs, no one is getting in to a mythic raiding guild of any note worthy level without 54 artifact traits and probably 1 of their BIS legendaries. Fortunately, you can use heroic guilds and early mythic guilds as stepping stone guilds to gear up and get logs to apply to higher level mythic guilds.

If you do this you should be able to clear NH mythic 10/10 before 7.2 and ToS, so long as you put the effort in.
    What kind of balls out bullshit statement is that? I mean really, what do you even base this on? Anecdotal evidence from your own guild and one of your friends?

If you are a mature player who can compensate with skill for lack of gear, come to EU Sylvanas Alliance. We got what you need right here, and I can mention at least 3 guilds that suits your need, as long as you as a person is made of the right material and aren't a whining sack of wasted space

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of balls out bullshit statement is that? I mean really, what do you even base this on? Anecdotal evidence from your own guild and one of your friends?

If you are a mature player who can compensate with skill for lack of gear, come to EU Sylvanas Alliance. We got what you need right here, and I can mention at least 3 guilds that suits your need, as long as you as a person is made of the right material and aren't a whining sack of wasted space
    I base it off having been in top 50-350 guilds since WoTLK and recruiting for one regularly.

We aren't in EN anymore and 880 gear doesn't cut it. 54 traits is fairly easy to get in ONE weapon, it's not an odd expectation now, especially given some people had 54s back before the New Year. It isn't whining when frankly, there are plenty of players who meet the criteria of raid experience, high artifact traits and 890+ gear.

Not quite sure what part of my statement you're even disagreeing with since you quoted the whole thing and declared it an anecdote.

I base it off having been in top 50-350 guilds since WoTLK and recruiting for one regularly.

We aren't in EN anymore and 880 gear doesn't cut it. 54 traits is fairly easy to get in ONE weapon, it's not an odd expectation now, especially given some people had 54s back before the New Year. It isn't whining when frankly, there are plenty of players who meet the criteria of raid experience, high artifact traits and 890+ gear.

Not quite sure what part of my statement you're even disagreeing with since you quoted the whole thing and declared it an anecdote.
    You can if you are willing to put some serious progress into your character. You'd probably need to get geared decently in heroic first if your artifact is lacking but you can easily find a heroic guild right now esp if you are a RDPS. Can you jump straight into mythic with where you are at right now? No.

I wasn't in your position this expansion, but back in Cataclysm I was. I farmed and bought whatever non-raid gear I could, joined a lower tier guild and stomped all their DPS for a few weeks. Then I applied to every guild I could imagine might take me with the logs I had, and eventually got into a US top 20 guild. That guild died after Dragon Soul, and then I joined Midwinter.

If you are actually really good at the game, and you want to raid at a Mythic level, you'll get into a good guild. Just be smart about it. You might have troubles finding a guild *right now* with AP and stuff, but you should be able to have a capped weapon by the time new content gets released. Even then, I think if your skill is exceptional you can prove it well enough even without capped traits and insane legendaries.
    Last edited by Kennyloggins; 2017-02-18 at 03:43 PM.

Smart guilds invest in players dude. My warlock regularly parsed at 99% for my ilevel even though I didn't have the gear a good guild saw that and recruited me anyways. I wasn't super far off what they wanted but gear and artifact traits aren't all that important unless you are majorly behind the current content. I'd takea somewhat undergeared player over and overgeared player if the undergeared player had significantly better performance. Stupid guilds recruit off numbers alone like lol u need 900 ilevel and 54 trait is all that important. Those guilds are usually rubbish in the long run. If you are trying to join an absolutely top tier guild thats in the world first race then yes you absolutely need those things but for people just trying to get into regular mythic raiding with normal progress those things are not the end all be all.

You can buy boosts if you have the gold/willing to get the gold.

you won't be able to jump straight into Mythic raiding. The best way to catch up is finding a guild that is actively looking for someone of your class and/or role. Make your application sound like you are someone worth investing into.

Some people don't like guild hopping but if you want to raid this tier and you don't have a great wow social network you will just need to hop from heroic to low to high mythic guilds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jumping right into Nighthold Mythic right now is going to be tough for you (pretty impossible for a dps spot) without your traits and legendaries. That said, if you have old logs showing your performance in previous tiers and can convince a guild you are willing to work for it, you might be able to get a spot on a bench for farm fills down the road and put your focus on preparing for Tomb of Sargeras.

The world mythic race is over, but there are still many realms that don't have that mythic Gul'dan yet. Guilds are still fighting for that server 1st position or even top 10, so it'll be a little bit before they are willing to take on an undergeared player. Stick with it though if that's what you really want. There will be nights when a core raider just can't make it and they will fill from the bench. If you've been working the mythic plus grind and pugging NH normals/heroics while you're waiting, you can be decently geared to do mythics in just a couple weeks (with a little RNG luck). Depending on the guild, they will also have farm nights too. See if you can get in on those.

We've had people who came back a couple weeks before 7.1.5 performing suitably with 40+ artifact traits, and they're not super hardcore. We're currently working on krosus mythic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play on a pretty low population server. And even we have guilds, that casually kill the first half of the bosses on mythic in the current tier. If that is what you are looking for, you are never too late. If you want to clear the content within the first 2 months of release, you probably are too late tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.