Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Just like Mists of Pandaria i am unsurprised that the "i'm not racist, but-" crowd are showing up again to voice how asian culture has no place in fantasy. Its like pottery.
    I think a lot of people forget that the game is Japanese.

>.>

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I do not get this mindset at all. Its like do they know what fantasy means? IT MEANS NOT REAL. Just ugh, fantasy doesn't have to be set in medieval europe you fucknuts.
    Well everyone knows theres never been a real life example of a world where knights, samurai, vikings and so on all exist on.

OH WAIT.

Seriously this stuff was cringe as fuck back in Mists with the typical neckbeards going "i dunt want nuh shits of pandering in muh orc fedoracore experience, pls respond tfw no gf", if asian fantasy was somehow inferior shit like Nioh wouldn't sell and in many cases i'll take a world like Nioh over bland shit like Skyrim. An mmo is a world, it should have different cultures. Shit Garlemald is meant to be the roman empire and uldah is meant to be persia. Nobody complained then but the usual suspects in the "im not racist but" camp only seem to have a problem with asian cultures. Reminds me of a few folks that shit the bed when it went from FF9's western fantasy to FFX's thailand/south east asian themes.

Its a strange one alright. maybe folks are just used to the "one world one culture" design of western fantasy games where anything different is usually -according to the same crowd- "gay elf shit" and thats somehow more palatable.

People are strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Thank god it doesn't have stupid pandas in it! I love the concept though and I am glad Sam turned out to be DPS and not tank!

The real jewel on the other hand, is the underwater city. That's how Blizzard should've done their underwater zone.
    Hoping they choose to do something like that if they try to do an underwater zone again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Thank god it doesn't have stupid pandas in it! I love the concept though and I am glad Sam turned out to be DPS and not tank!

The real jewel on the other hand, is the underwater city. That's how Blizzard should've done their underwater zone.
    Hoping they choose to do something like that if they try to do an underwater zone again.
    I'm quite leery on the underwater zones just because I know i had a hard time with vashj'ir and underwater in guild wars 2. Hopefully I have fun with the underwater stuff in stormblood but I am not looking forward to it at all.

I'm quite leery on the underwater zones just because I know i had a hard time with vashj'ir and underwater in guild wars 2. Hopefully I have fun with the underwater stuff in stormblood but I am not looking forward to it at all.
    get ready for moonfire tanga slutglamours to be at an all time high, it will be summer at 4.0 launch after all

Sorry, judges, but I disagree. THAT FAT CHOCOBO COSPLAY IS THE BEST! Not just most entertaining, it wins grand prize in my heart!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    get ready for moonfire tanga slutglamours to be at an all time high, it will be summer at 4.0 launch after all
    Slut shaming is wrong. They are liberated women!

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Slut shaming is wrong. They are liberated women!
    You can't fool me, i know the vile nature of the potato!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Yeah well I don't have a BLM. I've just seem some footage of it and it just doesn't look that fun with everything they've done about it in Heavensward. Tight timers to me are not fun. Having said that I also don't want them to change it at the same time because as a long time Warlock player nothing pisses me off most than having my class change for the sake of simplicity so more people play it.

Either way hype... so soon ;>.
    You are talking about class design and your preferences, tight timers do not mean clunky, I can play BLM very well and the flow of the rotation and priority order flows very well with the timer to hand and skilled players know when to refresh it when needing to move to upkeep the buff and proper placement of ley lines.

Clunky is when the class can't function well even played by a proper skilled player, such as the rotation simply doesn't fit into the timer due to not being designed well, thats clunky, peoples lack of skill with a class that does function properly is entirely different to this, I simply read feedback from people who aren't very good at the class, and the likely reason will be, they can't get away with basic spamming anymore.

People will not forgive a BLM that does not use fire 4 + leylines, you need to give BLM a lot of attention to keep using fire 4 and to refresh enochain, people don't like this since you know, a lot of players want to be lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll drown you!

Thank god it doesn't have stupid pandas in it!
    We don't know all of the beast tribes yet, so there may well still be "stupid pandas" in it. :P

On a different note, the worst most extreme Jenga game ever!!!

One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

7+ Year Old Account
    No Blue mage,

Kinda on the fence about SAM. I like the concept and think it will work out very well. Art wise though I had hoped they would have gone for a heavy armor type instead similar to FF:Tactics.

We get a turtle beast tribe though!

Deleted
    I hated vash jir and most underwater stuff in games to be honest but the way FFXIV seems to be handling it looks fine. We havent seen any gameplay footage but from the looks of it it seems like the underwater city is surrounded by a globe and I m therefore assuming that you re gonan be swimming to get there but once you re in the zone it ll be normal walking and combat just the theme will be underwater which would be fucking awesome.

hm I was planning to level a dps to 70 to make things easier to fight but now with 2 new dps classes the que times will be crazy for dps. I'll just stick with astrologian.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not excited for SAM but holding final judgement for how it feels. In game animations are pretty bland though IMO.

They have indeed said that there will be no underwater combat and that swimming about would only be fun and games.

10+ Year Old Account
    New housing...................... ahhhhhhhhhhhh. We do have funding for another large house...
    Except it might mean we have to abandon something, hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Hehe, yeah. Think currently only heavy armoured DPS is Dragoon.

[video=youtube;NLCQZxxInr8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLCQZxxInr8[video]
    Lol, ending suggestion has PSO2 wtf, though really reminds me of Braver (which is also a katana user), in a good way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    New housing...................... ahhhhhhhhhhhh. We do have funding for another large house...
    Except it might mean we have to abandon something, hmm...

Lol, ending suggestion has PSO2 wtf, though really reminds me of Braver (which is also a katana user), in a good way.
    I think it was stated that you can move it to the new location, no ? o:

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be angry if I can't move (and upgrade) my house.

So hyped for the new housing area, but if I can't move.. it's very big risk to take.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't watch the stream, no access.... sooooooo /shrug.
    Though currently have a small, medium and large house, so upgrading to a large isn't a terrible thing anyways.