Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Eh, don't know. As i said, i don't have endgame experience to support my point of view. Would like to delve deeper into this aspect - again i'm not against meta builds, i'm against "some builds will let you clear the atlas in EZ mode while others cannot even start it".
    The design of the game supports the players "breaking it", so to speak. Within reason and at the sole discretion of the GGG, they have said they are cool with these being OP if it requires sufficient knowledge, skill or work. Which most of the meta builds do require as the game scales in the later stages.

Anyone claiming 'ez-pz" mode for their build actually had to do some work to get there or was fortunate in their loot drops. There are precious few builds on the forums or ladder that waltz into the highest content and cleared it 'ez mode'. So few I would bet there are none- because the ladder has rarely reveled such since 2012.

Really, what's the sweet point between balance and customization?
    Balance relative to what? There is no such thing as balance that is symmetrical in predominantly PVE/PVAI design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Here's a fun topic:

They've said they're adding more spells and abilities... What would YOU like to see added?
    Would like to see Elemental Hit converted to a support gem that adds flat random element damage to an attack. This is the EE dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Would like to see Elemental Hit converted to a support gem that adds flat random element damage to an attack. This is the EE dream.
    That could be a lot of fun. I was looking at EH today and it's just a very myeh ability. Doesn't really add enough of anything that I could see someone wanting to use it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Legacy League is almost everything I've wanted in a custom league, though I do wish you could have more than 3 active at a time. That they are drops that can be modded with currency is a nice touch, though not necessarily unexpected (most everything in PoE can be modded with currency). Hopefully these drop at a steady pace, and I'd love to be able to have multiple of the same league active at the same time (since I'm a huge fan of Exiles Everywhere). I just don't know what builds I want to play.
    Think they always drop corrupted, so they can't be modified at all, like talismans or breach rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Think they always drop corrupted, so they can't be modified at all, like talismans or breach rings.
    Good eye. I didn't even notice that in the videos until you said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    That they are drops that can be modded with currency is a nice touch
    They are not though, they are all corrupted so un moddable, also confirmed by a ziggyd video

Ok, finally did the labyrith. I t took 1 hour and i don't know if i just ran everywhere for nothing or it's normal.

Anyway, any tips on which path to pursue with my Scion?
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Ok, finally did the labyrith. I t took 1 hour and i don't know if i just ran everywhere for nothing or it's normal.

Anyway, any tips on which path to pursue with my Scion?
    You ran everywhere for nothing

Reddit has a daily lab layout thread where you can at least see the layout before you start it, so you won't run the wrong way and take the shortest routes

Not sure what they changed about ascendancies for scion, it's been a while since I played one last, but when I did I was playing a crit build and I went for berserker+assassin
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    You ran everywhere for nothing

Reddit has a daily lab layout thread where you can at least see the layout before you start it, so you won't run the wrong way and take the shortest routes

Not sure what they changed about ascendancies for scion, it's been a while since I played one last, but when I did I was playing a crit build and I went for berserker+assassin
    Ok. atm i think i'm running low crit (around the 18% mark) and while i have a cast on crit support gem i don't think it will be that good. On the other side i could go pathfinder for elemntal damage + elementalist if i want to run with a golem (which gives crit chance too). Don't really know what to choose because both options look viable.

Foil unique items. Jeez Louise...

Ok. atm i think i'm running low crit (around the 18% mark) and while i have a cast on crit support gem i don't think it will be that good. On the other side i could go pathfinder for elemntal damage + elementalist if i want to run with a golem (which gives crit chance too). Don't really know what to choose because both options look viable.
    You can respec these ascendancy nodes at 5 regrets/respec points each, so I think the best answer is to give it a try.
    However don't underestimate Assassin - it gives 1% *base* crit. As in if your spell/attack has a 5% base chance to crit before crit modifiers, it now is 6% before modifiers. It's huge and can easily give another 10~20% actual crit %

If you are using frenzy charges, don't overlook raider either!
    My DK

10+ Year Old Account
    Foil unique items. Jeez Louise...
    Not even a tiny bit of a joke, Ive had three uniques drop for me this League.

They were ALL bows.

I'm a SnB Juggernaut :'(

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

The design of the game supports the players "breaking it", so to speak. Within reason and at the sole discretion of the GGG, they have said they are cool with these being OP if it requires sufficient knowledge, skill or work. Which most of the meta builds do require as the game scales in the later stages.

Anyone claiming 'ez-pz" mode for their build actually had to do some work to get there or was fortunate in their loot drops. There are precious few builds on the forums or ladder that waltz into the highest content and cleared it 'ez mode'. So few I would bet there are none- because the ladder has rarely reveled such since 2012.

Balance relative to what? There is no such thing as balance that is symmetrical in predominantly PVE/PVAI design.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I saw a post by Chris even stating there are many "weird" OP item/gem combinations still undiscovered by the player base

I think that is exactly what the strength of this game is. It doesn't have to be perfectly balanced, all they need is that all main skills that people use are capable in some way or another to clear all the content. And I think they are pretty close to that point already. I just think life vs es needs another looking at. I don't even remember last time I ended up playing endgame life based char. I make them for easy gear requirement farming, then usually roll an ES char.

As for luck being required, on that I have to disagree. I'm by no means a lucky person. I've played actively since closed beta and I've seen one decent unique drop since - a shavs last league. I'm mostly a solo player, I dislike trading (to the point that I don't bother selling things at all unless they are worth my time) but every league I set myself a goal, I've made it just doing things that nobody else wants/thinks of

Last league I wanted a headhunter, I told myself I'm going to farm 1 card a day, I got my HH in a week by farming divination boxes on monstrous treasure maps. On Perandus I farmed over 400 oba's cursed trove maps and made over 150ex profit in 2 weeks before I got bored. This league I've just been spamming Hall of the Grandmasters at 3~4 chaos per map... and so on!

Currency in this game is all about doing/selling something that is in demand but people dislike/dont know to farm. Like the oba's cursed trove thing, that was the best profit I've made on any league and it required zero effort. Just buy all the maps at 5 chaos each and vaal the jeweller unique at the end.

Luck in this game just means you gotta seriously farm one thing to get the average results back out of it. This was very noticable on the oba farming, I had days I barely broke even, but also days I made like 15 ex from corrupted jewelry.

edit:
    Also crafting. The amount of GG items I've crafted over time... but that does require some luck or enough investment capability to even out the RNG
    Last edited by falagar112; 2017-02-17 at 02:40 PM.
    My DK

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Not even a tiny bit of a joke, Ive had three uniques drop for me this League.

They were ALL bows.

I'm a SnB Juggernaut :'(
    Not foils. There are new "Foil" unique items coming- as in the foil cards from Magic the Gathering and other TCGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not foils. There are new "Foil" unique items coming- as in the foil cards from Magic the Gathering and other TCGs.
    Haha oh, sorry. In my defense, I'd just woken up!

Also, Got another Unique today.

It was a bow :'(

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    You can respec these ascendancy nodes at 5 regrets/respec points each, so I think the best answer is to give it a try.
    However don't underestimate Assassin - it gives 1% *base* crit. As in if your spell/attack has a 5% base chance to crit before crit modifiers, it now is 6% before modifiers. It's huge and can easily give another 10~20% actual crit %

If you are using frenzy charges, don't overlook raider either!
    I think i've chosen what to do - i'm running with frost golem (cast on dmg taken) so once i find a cool cold spell to couple with CWC i'll take lementalist and then get the witch starting point so i can take all those sexy cold damage/dual wield sexy nodes.

I just hope my HP pool is decent - how can i increse my HP without looking for nodes? I took some but now i'm wondering if i'm going too much offensive.

I think i've chosen what to do - i'm running with frost golem (cast on dmg taken) so once i find a cool cold spell to couple with CWC i'll take lementalist and then get the witch starting point so i can take all those sexy cold damage/dual wield sexy nodes.

I just hope my HP pool is decent - how can i increse my HP without looking for nodes? I took some but now i'm wondering if i'm going too much offensive.
    You can't. Life is from either flat life on gear (and a very few % life on gear) and/or life% passives.
    As for what is "to glasscannon", I wouldn't dare running below ~150% worth of life nodes

A cool cold spell (lol) to couple with CwC? Icestorm! (it's a skill from the weapon "The Whispering Ice" ) it is exactly what I play right now, Elementalist too. I do convert all cold to fire damage though
    My DK

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard lots of good things about PoE from friends etc. But they didin't convicted me yet to try start play PoE. Pls halp? :P

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I heard lots of good things about PoE from friends etc. But they didin't convicted me yet to try start play PoE. Pls halp? :P
    Well...

It is free to play, nothing lost by giving it a shot yourself - all the convincing you'd ever need right?
    My DK

Or if you miss character builds, putting a point every level, meaningfull loot hunt for free go for it. As soon as poe was released i couldn't play it because compared to D3 it felt slow and clunky (the first levels feel like that this day but it's a lot better now) but now i want to play it more often and build different characters because there are a lot of possibilities in this game. Maybe some builds you find on the forums require specific items but there are a lot of viable beginner classes that you will enjoy the game even if you will clear maps at "slower pace" but i actually don't care about clear speed in this game.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I really dig arpgs.

I've tried playing half a dozen to a dozen times, and the game never got it's hooks in me. But each time they added stuff, I'd spend more time before I wandered off. I'm not sure if it's the hype with the new league, or just how the breach league plays, or hype for the new expac, but it's finally got it's grubby little claws into me.

Go find a build that looks cool as shit to you and work toward it. Unlock all the things. And prep yourself for Legacy league, which looks like a fantastic time to start playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Or if you miss character builds, putting a point every level, meaningfull loot hunt for free go for it. As soon as poe was released i couldn't play it because compared to D3 it felt slow and clunky (the first levels feel like that this day but it's a lot better now)
    This so bloody much. The first couple of acts lack any form of personality. Once you get to act 3 it starts picking up both visually and personality.

And then you have that wonderful moment where it dawns on you just how much depth the game has.