Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Why? It's literally another horse among a million that we already have. Warlocks have had everything interesting removed from them this expansion so to have something like this would at least be a step in the right direction.
    i mean, if it were going to be some other kind of demon, i'd like a whole new kind. something that looks more like an animal.

but i like horses, i want the old horses to get a model update too.

I've been waiting for a new Dreadsteed model for a while now. I was hoping they'd update them in 5.1 with the fel flame quest, but that didn't happen, so I'm really happy it's getting an update now. There's one thing I don't like, and that's the eye-cover.

Same for the Death Knight and Demon Hunter mounts. They all have kinda silly eyecovers or headpieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    People have said that constantly and yet Blizzard almost always keeps in what we complain about. I'm not even going to bother because it's yet another lousy horse mount and a skeletal one no less. It literally has nothing to do with warlocks and is by far the most uncreative mount of the bunch.
    So the old mount has nothing to do with warlocks either? They literally come from the same planet, they're both demon horses.
    Dont get me wrong, I dont like it either and I think Blizzard could've been a little bit more creative with the warlock and the paladin mounts, but to say it has nothing to do with warlocks is just false.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    so like, i've only got a few classes at 110. i've done most of the other class mount quests so far on ptr, and i decided to do warlock's today.

this shit, the "if you build it" quest, this is not ok. we'll be the only class so far to have to deal with price gouging AH prices for our class mounts. it's completely fucking stupid. pandemonite is 4k a piece on my server, and you need FIVE of the damn things. demonsteel's 2k for 20, i already wasted gold on that.

this is really stupid, and it really should be changed. not everyone's rich.
    Oh booo-hooo. Then farm the mats yourself or farm the gold to buy it.
    Demon Hunters needed to get the obliterum forge to continue their class campaign, this is just for a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Oh booo-hooo. Then farm the mats yourself or farm the gold to buy it.
    Demon Hunters needed to get the obliterum forge to continue their class campaign, this is just for a mount.
    it was stupid to require the obliterum for the class quest.

two wrongs don't make a right though. they have already acknowledged that it wasn't a good idea to require high cost mats for the quests, and they're changing it.

OMG its just like vanilla why is everyone complaining don't you guys find it fun the grinding and spending gold like the good ol days?

it was stupid to require the obliterum for the class quest.

two wrongs don't make a right though. they have already acknowledged that it wasn't a good idea to require high cost mats for the quests, and they're changing it.
    Yes, but this is for a mount, nothing that you need to have.
    Besides, it doesnt even come close to the prize of the obliterum forge at launch.

Farm the gold now and buy the items or farm for the items yourself.

Yes, but this is for a mount, nothing that you need to have.
    Besides, it doesnt even come close to the prize of the obliterum forge at launch.

Farm the gold now and buy the items or farm for the items yourself.
    like i said, they're changing it. so nobody has to farm the items or gold now.

So the old mount has nothing to do with warlocks either? They literally come from the same planet, they're both demon horses.
    Dont get me wrong, I dont like it either and I think Blizzard could've been a little bit more creative with the warlock and the paladin mounts, but to say it has nothing to do with warlocks is just false.
    Dreadsteeds are not undead or skeletal horses, they are demons. The new class mount is just a skeletal/undead horse with added spikes - its exposed skull and shredded flesh are clearly visible.

This was a design oversight by the artists, using the horde PVP mount as a base.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Dreadsteeds are not undead or skeletal horses, they are demons. The new class mount is just a skeletal/undead horse with added spikes - its exposed skull and shredded flesh are clearly visible.

This was a design oversight by the artists, using the horde PVP mount as a base.
    demons come in horrific and twisted visages. look at the fel saber, it's got exposed bone and torn flesh. felstalkers have torn flesh and exposed bones as well.

this new one is a mutation of the dreadsteeds anyway, made by a person.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemix View Post
    He probably didn't. All the people I've seen complaining about not having gold, haven't played in classic. They have no clue what it was like to be level 40 with 20 spells ranks not yet learned because you can't afford it and it costs like 100 times the silver you have in your bags or 2 months of doing every single daily quest to get that sweet 2k gold for flying in tbc
    Why are people always coming with the Vanilla bullshit? It's 12 damn years ago so please stop it.

Deleted
    Has any of u guys done the warlock class hall mount quest on ptr? I can't enter the ship somehow lol stuck on the fel to the core Q :/ google has not provided any help

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

You don't even know what demons are, so why the hell are you complaining? Demons are from the Twisting Nether - a twisting, astral dimension that is separate from reality and is normally imperceptible to mortals per Blizzard. Demons are not exactly what you think them to be. They may not be undead, but they are definitely not living. Aside from the fact that they're from an astral dimension, they possess the entropic fel energy - energy that Metzen once described as death energy and would, as an entropic force, bring demons to a state of entropic decay and eventual oblivion.

http://wowmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Entropic_horrors
    http://wowmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Fel_Wolves

If anything, actual demons look like these^. Not some fleshy creatures that look no different from mortals with goat-like horns and hooves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    You don't even know what demons are, so why the hell are you complaining? Demons are from the Twisting Nether - a twisting, astral dimension that is separate from reality and is normally imperceptible to mortals per Blizzard. Demons are not exactly what you think them to be. They may not be undead, but they are definitely not living. Aside from the fact that they're from an astral dimension, they possess the entropic fel energy - energy that Metzen once described as death energy and would, as an entropic force, bring demons to a state of entropic decay and eventual oblivion.

If anything, actual demons look like these^. Not some fleshy creatures that look no different from mortals with goat-like horns and hooves.
    The power of Christ compels you!

actual demons are fleshy, too.

pitlords, nathrezim, mo'arg and felhunters are all natural breeds of demon, born in the nether as demons from birth.

aranasi, sayaad, and man'ari are examples of a race corrupted into demonhood by fel infusion.

actual demons are fleshy, too.
    Not if they're from the astral dimension known as the Nether.

pitlords, nathrezim, mo'arg and felhunters are all natural breeds of demon, born in the nether as demons from birth.
    Your pathetic attempts to make demons seem natural is, well, pathetic. Demons are immortals per the Warcraft Encyclopedia and if they're actually living beings that are born and can die, they're no different from mortals who cheat death. And by mortals who cheat death, I mean druids who have their souls bound to the Emerald Dream, warlocks who bind their souls to soulstones, etc.

Also, felhunters - as demons - are not the source of fel magic according to Blizzard's Historian. If he isn't a liar, felhunters were infused with fel magic and were not fel-touched creatures to begin with. And if they were not fel-touched creatures to begin with, they would not be - or are not - immune to being destroyed by their own destructive and entropic fel energies.

aranasi, sayaad, and man'ari are examples of a race corrupted into demonhood by fel infusion.
    If aranasi, sayaad, and man'ari are examples of a race corrupted into demonhood by fel infusion, they would not be - or are not - immune to being destroyed by their destructive and entropic fel energies - energies that can - or does - wither away life force.

Not if they're from the astral dimension known as the Nether.

Your pathetic attempts to make demons seem natural is, well, pathetic. Demons are immortals per the Warcraft Encyclopedia and if they're actually living beings that are born and can die, they're no different from mortals who cheat death. And by mortals who cheat death, I mean druids who have their souls bound to the Emerald Dream, warlocks who bind their souls to soulstones, etc.

Also, felhunters - as demons - are not the source of fel magic according to Blizzard's Historian. If he isn't a liar, felhunters were infused with fel magic and were not fel-touched creatures to begin with. And if they were not fel-touched creatures to begin with, they would not be - or are not - immune to being destroyed by their own destructive and entropic fel energies.

If aranasi, sayaad, and man'ari are examples of a race corrupted into demonhood by fel infusion, they would not be - or are not - immune to being destroyed by their destructive and entropic fel energies - energies that can - or does - wither away life force.
    "The annihilan are one of the demonic species that were naturally born from the chaotic astral realm known as the Twisting Nether."

"The nathrezim were one of the original races of demons born from the chaotic energies of the Twisting Nether."

"Felhounds (also known as fel hounds,[1] felbeasts,[2] hellhounds,[3] and felstalkers) are ugly, red, spined creatures from the depths of the Twisting Nether.[4] Felhounds are demon hounds used by the Pit Lords to sniff out sources of magic wherever they be found."

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and aranasi: "Their origins are not fully understood - scholars who have studied the Burning Legion speculate that they are the remnants of a forgotten race on a world long ago conquered by the armies of Sargeras."

you don't really seem to get how demons work in wow.

"The annihilan are one of the demonic species that were naturally born
    Rofl. Who gave birth to Pit Lords? Your headcanon? You got this from WoWpedia, a website edited by people who disregard the definitions of terms, insert their own interpretation of the lore as fact, and don't even work for Blizzard.

"The nathrezim were one of the original races of demons born
    Who gave birth to Nathrezim? The Old Gods? You got this bs from WoWpedia too.

"Felhounds (also known as fel hounds,[1] felbeasts,[2] hellhounds,[3] and felstalkers) are ugly, red, spined creatures from the depths of the Twisting Nether.[4] Felhounds are demon hounds used by the Pit Lords to sniff out sources of magic wherever they be found."
    ^This doesn't state felhounds are physical or immune to destruction by their own entropic fel energies.

oh, and aranasi: "Their origins are not fully understood - scholars who have studied the Burning Legion speculate that they are the remnants of a forgotten race on a world long ago conquered by the armies of Sargeras."
    Yeah, the origins of demons are not fully understood. Your point is? Demons are fleshy, living beings that can die? Cool, now please explain how they're not mortals who cheat death.

Rofl. Who gave birth to Pit Lords? Your headcanon? You got this from WoWpedia, a website edited by people who disregard the definitions of terms, insert their own interpretation of the lore as fact, and don't even work for Blizzard.

Who gave birth to Nathrezim? The Old Gods? You got this bs from WoWpedia too.

^This doesn't state felhounds are physical or immune to destruction by their own entropic fel energies.

Yeah, the origins of demons are not fully understood. Your point is? Demons are fleshy, living beings that can die? Cool, now please explain how they're not mortals who cheat death.
    the bits about pitlords and nathrezim is from the chronicle.

nobody gave birth to them, they were born like life in the universe was born. life in the universe was born from coalesced light, life in the nether was born from coalesced void and light magics mixing with the chaotic fel magic inherent to the nether.

you're being completely ridiculous, the lore is clear on this. there are natural demons, the ones i've spoke of and more, and then there are races that are demons but were corrupted into demons and weren't naturally born as demons.

do you not stop to wonder why lothraxion looks exactly like a nathrezim even though he's fully light-infused? because he has no other form, he is a nathrezim, it's the only form he can take.

the bits about pitlords and nathrezim is from the chronicle.
    No. The bits about pitlords and nathrezim that you pulled is from WoWpedia's editors, people who insert their own interpetration of what the Chronicle states as fact.

nobody gave birth to them
    Really? So why did you lie by claiming that demons are born?:

"The annihilan are one of the demonic species that were naturally born from the chaotic astral realm known as the Twisting Nether."
    "The nathrezim were one of the original races of demons born from the chaotic energies of the Twisting Nether."
    ^If demons are born, someone had to give birth to them unless, of course, demons are not really born. Stop trying to confuse people with your misnomers and word playing. You're not fooling me so you should just stop. As I've stated before, your pathetic attempt to make demons seem natural is pathetic.

they were born like life in the universe was born.
    No they weren't. And if demons are born, where are the nathrezim cubs and pitlord hatchlings?

life in the universe was born from coalesced light, life in the nether was born from coalesced void and light magics mixing with the chaotic fel magic inherent to the nether
    LOL, you're inserting your own interpretation of the lore as fact. The Chronicle doesn't state demons were born from void and light magics mixing with fel magic. It establishes that demons were formed as a result of the Light and Void energies bleeding together at the borders of the Twisting Nether. Demons were not formed like the creatures that originated from the Great Dark Beyond. Physical matter doesn't even come from the Nether and so demons would not be formed as a result of the spark of life infusing matter.

you're being completely ridiculous
    You've got it entirely backwards. You're claiming that demons are fleshly, living beings, but refusing to explain how they aren't mortals - fleshy, living beings. YOU are being ridiculous and acting as if demons are natural entities that are born. The Warcraft Encyclopedia itself establishes that demons have the requirement to be considered gods and true gods, ms. derp, are not actually born. Sorry

the lore is clear on this
    Clearly it isn't because you're still confused. Demons are not mortals, so stop acting as if they're fleshy, living beings that can die.

natural demons
    Pahahaha, this is an oxymoron.

do you not stop to wonder why lothraxion looks exactly like a nathrezim even though he's fully light-infused? because he has no other form, he is a nathrezim.
    The Chronicle establishes that demons hungered for the destruction of all life in the universe, so if Lothraxion didn't hunger for the destruction of all life in the universe, he never belonged to the group known as demons.

No. The bits about pitlords and nathrezim that you pulled is from WoWpedia's editors, people who insert their own interpetration of what the Chronicle states as fact.

Really? So why did you lie by claiming that demons are born?:

^If demons are born, someone had to give birth to them unless, of course, demons are not really born. Stop trying to confuse people with your misnomers and word playing. You're not fooling me so you should just stop. As I've stated before, your pathetic attempt to make demons seem natural is pathetic.

No they weren't. And if demons are born, where are the nathrezim cubs and pitlord hatchlings?

LOL, you're inserting your own interpretation of the lore as fact. The Chronicle doesn't state demons were born from void and light magics mixing with fel magic. It establishes that demons were formed as a result of the Light and Void energies bleeding together at the borders of the Twisting Nether. Demons were not formed like the creatures that originated from the Great Dark Beyond. Physical matter doesn't even come from the Nether and so demons would not be formed as a result of the spark of life infusing matter.

You've got it entirely backwards. You're claiming that demons are fleshly, living beings, but refusing to explain how they aren't mortals - fleshy, living beings. YOU are being ridiculous and acting as if demons are natural entities that are born. The Warcraft Encyclopedia itself establishes that demons have the requirement to be considered gods and true gods, ms. derp, are not actually born. Sorry

Clearly it isn't because you're still confused. Demons are not mortals, so stop acting as if they're fleshy, living beings that can die.

Pahahaha, this is an oxymoron.

The Chornicle establishes that demons hungered for the destruction of all life in the universe, so if Lothraxion didn't hunger for the destruction of all life in the universe, he never belonged to the group known as demons.
    i'm not going to argue with this level of headcanon. you can read the chronicle for yourself and choose to believe what you want.