Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I'm completely confused as to what blithering propaganda you've been cluing in on, but the Russian military is at it has always been. A massive body of poorly trained, poorly equipped conscripts with minimal actual experience backed by a core of highly competent professional assets, such as the paratroopers. The majority of the well trained assets are located in defensive positions, particularly across from China both on the Russian border and in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan. This presents a large problem, since the unfortunate problem of, say, the special forces paratroopers is that utilizing them without catastrophic losses depends on air superiority, and technology wise the US outstrips them in nearly every demographic (the exception being fighter on fighter dogfights).
    I was wondering the same thing about you. Especially when you see that the number of exercises in the past year or so that were contacted by the Russian armed forces account for more than double of the EU combined. If you think Russian forces are poorly trained, go look at the other countries.

Lastly, Russia in contrast to the USA (which was my subject as well) has fought some real wars, and has been in situations with odds highly unfavorable to them

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    A green marketing company scaring people into renewable energy... how the fuck do you think we got to be world leaders in renewable energy technology? Cute source, though. Much more credit than Eurostat.
    Pretty sure they are using EuroStat data, there aren't many alternative sources as far as EU is concerned.

You're probably looking just at energy generation; cars, trucks, and chemicals can go through different statistics.

Wait, it is actually right there on page you linked:

The origin of EU-28 energy imports has changed somewhat in recent years, although Russia has maintained its position as the main supplier of crude oil and natural gas (despite seeing its share reduced somewhat in recent years) and also emerged as the leading supplier of solid fuels (see Table 3). In 2014, some 29.0 % of the EU-28’s imports of crude oil were from Russia: it became the principal supplier of solid fuels in 2006, overtaking South Africa, having overtaken Australia in 2004 and Colombia in 2002. Russia’s share of EU-28 solid fuels imports rose from 18.0 % in 2004 to 30.0 % by 2009, before falling somewhat to 25.7 % by 2012 and rebounding to 29.0 % in 2014. By contrast, Russia’s share of EU-28 imports of natural gas declined from 43.6 % to 32.1 % between 2004 and 2010, but this development was reversed with increases thereafter leading to a share of 37.5 % in 2014. Throughout the 10 years shown in Table 3, Norway remained the second largest supplier of EU imports of crude oil and natural gas.

The security of the EU’s primary energy supplies may be threatened if a high proportion of imports are concentrated among relatively few partners. More than two thirds (69.1 %) of the EU-28’s imports of natural gas in 2014 came from Russia or Norway— as such there was a greater concentration of imports than in 2010 when the same two countries accounted for 59.6 % of natural gas imports. A similar analysis shows that 43.5 % of EU-28 crude oil imports came from Russia and Norway in 2014 (with Nigeria, Saudi Arabia and Kazakhstan accounting for sizeable shares), while 70.7 % of the EU-28’s imports of solid fuels originated in Russia, Colombia and the United States. There was some evidence of new partner countries emerging between 2004 and 2014. This was notably the case for crude oil imports from Nigeria, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and Iraq, or natural gas imports from Qatar and Libya.

EU-28 dependency on energy imports increased from less than 40 % of gross energy consumption in the 1980s to reach 53.5 % by 2014 (see Figure 3). This latest figure marked a slight decrease in the dependency rate, which had peaked at 54.5 % in 2008. The highest energy dependency rates in 2014 were recorded for crude oil (88.2 %) and for natural gas (67.4 %). In the last decade (between 2004 and 2014), the EU’s dependency on non-member countries for supplies of natural gas grew 13.8 percentage points, faster than the growth in dependency for crude oil (7.5 percentage points) and solid fuels (7.4 percentage points). Since 2004, the EU-28’s net imports of energy have been greater than its primary production; in other words, more than half of the EU-28’s gross inland energy consumption was supplied by net imports.

So... good luck with those SWIFT threats. You'll need a lot of it.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-02-18 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    I was wondering the same thing about you. Especially when you see that the number of exercises in the past year or so that were contacted by the Russian armed forces account for more than double of the EU combined. If you think Russian forces are poorly trained, go look at the other countries.

Lastly, Russia in contrast to the USA (which was my subject as well) has fought some real wars, and has been in situations with odds highly unfavorable to them
    And what highly unfavorable wars would that be exactly in the context of the current military?

And what highly unfavorable wars would that be exactly in the context of the current military?
    What do you mean? What the military of the country that saved a continent from the Nazis, learned during the battle? Are you serious?
    I guess you've never been in the military right?

Also, i love how you took back the propaganda part. You have been spreading Russophobia and propaganda for 2-3 years now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    You're still decades away from not being dependent on Russia, and as time goes it only gets worse.
    You are a funny guy, all your predictions are crazy, you post a articel about how EU plans to reduce its oil consumption, and you write "and as time goes it only gets worse"

- - - Updated - - -

Russian armed forces account for more than double of the EU combined. If you think Russian forces are poorly trained, go look at the other countries.
    can you make up your mind, half the time is Russia under a dire threat, half the time you brag how all powerfull Russia is...

What do you mean? What the military of the country that saved a continent from the Nazis, learned during the battle? Are you serious?

Also, i love how you took back the propaganda part. You have been spreading Russophobia and propaganda for 2-3 years now.
    Well I'm sure NATO will tremble, when they face Russias WW2 tactics /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    can you make up your mind, half the time is Russia under a dire threat, half the time you brag how all powerfull Russia is...
    Why those two have to be exclusive?

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Don't underestimate the tactical advantage of a willing army to enter any bloody meatgrinder that they encounter!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account

Ah. I forgot that the modern Russian military consisted of 80 year old veterans. My bad. Or youre somehow convinced that the military passes things like bravery and strength on? If so, the Civil War of the United States is commonly regarded as among the most brutal wars in all of human history, so we can expect American soldiers to channel the strength of their forebears.

Or youre just espousing delusional propaganda about how World War 2 makes modern Russian soldiers living gods.

I think its adorable that you think I'm spreading propaganda because I'm dismissive of a delusional Greek with a really weird obsession with fabricates Russian superiority

You are a funny guy, all your predictions are crazy, you post a articel about how EU plans to reduce its oil consumption, and you write "and as time goes it only gets worse"
    Did you actually check? Yes, Europe gets more and more dependent on energy imports; it is written right on same page as those "superb reneweable energy growth" graphs.

And Russia provides most of those imports in gas, oil, and solid fuels.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Facepalm as much as you like, mr arm chair warrior. We are still taught tactics from various battles, even ancient ones. But i guess you would knew that if you only had been to the army for a few months,.

Ah. I forgot that the modern Russian military consisted of 80 year old veterans. My bad. Or youre somehow convinced that the military passes things like bravery and strength on? If so, the Civil War of the United States is commonly regarded as among the most brutal wars in all of human history, so we can expect American soldiers to channel the strength of their forebears.

Or youre just espousing delusional propaganda about how World War 2 makes modern Russian soldiers living gods.

I think its adorable that you think I'm spreading propaganda because I'm dismissive of a delusional Greek with a really weird obsession with fabricates Russian superiority
    I think we can make an important distinction between the modern US and Russian armed forces.

The US keeps a ship off the coast of Russia. What does Russia do? As we've had entire 70 page threads about, they engage in dangerous maneuvers involving aircraft or others ship, with the US vessel... be it playing games of chicken or flying tens of feet above it.

Now we have a Russian ship off the coast of the US (Connecticut). And what's happened to it? Not a damn thing. No stunts on our part.

That's because the two armed forces are fundamentally different. The US Military is designed to fight and win expeditionary warfare. The Russian military is designed to illustrate the power of the state to the Russian people. Thus, one does stunts and the other doesn't. It's also why when President Watersports asked the US military if they could have tanks in his Inaugural Parade, they said firmly "No. We don't do that sort of thing. That's what Russia, North Korea, Iran and China do."

Deleted
    Did you actually check? Yes, Europe gets more and more dependent on energy imports; it is written right on same page as those "superb reneweable energy growth" graphs.

And Russia provides most of those imports in gas, oil, and solid fuels.

You se that the oil and gas consumption is decreasing and reneweable energy increases.

No, the military passes things like KNOWLEDGE to be able to create things like STRATEGIES. You know, the courses that are taught to the military personnel in military schools.

Who said WW2 makes Russian living Gods? And at the end of the day it doesn't matter what i or you think. The fact that there needs to be an alliance in order to deal with Russia if it ever comes down to that, speaks by itself.

The fact that you feel the need to use my parents origin, makes me think you're but hurt somehow =)
    You have been tremendously negative since 2 years + now with anything that has to do with Russia.

In fact you opinion is so biased, that it my eyes bleed when i read anything you have to say concerning Russia. You completely dismiss facts like the tremendous military exercises and training of the Russian Armed forces the past 5 years or so. The tremendous success they had in Syria. Do you know that maybe besides USA, no other country can do what Russia did in Syria?

Your opinion is so biased against Russia as a whole that it rarely seems a good thing to waste time reading it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    There we have, realpolitik is finally taking control. Even Trump is being pushed to the anti-Russian camp, as many expected would happen.
    Much fun as it is to watch Trump's crush on Putin squashed, it's considerably more dangerous for world peace to have a "DEATH TO RUSSIA" Trump than "I LOVE YOU PUTIN-SENPAI!" Trump. Luckily, we seem to have a long way to go before we get there.

Facepalm as much as you like, mr arm chair warrior. We are still taught tactics from various battles, even ancient ones. But i guess you would knew that if you only had been to the army for a few months,.
    Yet you're completely ignorant and clueless about anything military related so your superiors should be court martialed

I do love how Ulmita is bashing a russian, who lives in russia, for not being patriotic enough about everything russia, despite he himself being Greek.

Also, you don't NEED to live in or be apart of a country, in order to obtain some weird supernatural ability to become amazing at strategy. They have these things called books. many people all over the world use these amazing things (some say they have been around for hundreds of years) to obtain greater knowledge on many different subjects.
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

Oh well I hope you'll some day be able to apply your superior tactics in trench warfare and making shield walls some day Rambo, god forbid the superior training you've read others recive go to waste.

You se that the oil and gas consumption is decreasing and reneweable energy increases.
    It is "Figure 2: Development of the production of primary energy (by fuel type), EU-28, 2004–14"

Where does it get mentioned?

The growth of primary production from renewable energy sources exceeded that of all the other energy types; this growth was relatively uniform during the period covering 2004–14, with a small dip in production in 2011 (see Figure 2). Over this 10-year period the production of renewables increased by 73.1 %. By contrast, the production levels for the other primary sources of energy generally fell over this period, the largest reductions being recorded for crude oil (-52.0 %), natural gas (-42.9 %) and solid fuels (-25.5 %), with a more modest fall of 13.1 % for nuclear energy.

"Primary energy". And what does "primary energy" actually means?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_energy

Primary energy (PE) is an energy form found in nature that has not been subjected to any conversion or transformation process. It is energy contained in raw fuels, and other forms of energy received as input to a system. Primary energy can be non-renewable or renewable.

It's YOUR OWN EU SOURCES of oil, gas, and everything else going downhill. They are running out.

EU imports of oil didn't actually decrease by 52% - they were 4193891 in 2005, and they are 3825221 in 2015, about 9% decrease (in 1000 bbl by volume).
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-02-18 at 05:29 PM.

You're talking about gas. Article talks about oil.

Oil is our biggest export, gas is distant second.
    Sorry my bad.