Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The first time Fox News was actually news.
    Eek, yeah I don't agree... They have a bias, just like the others.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Idk. What I read was PewDiePie claiming to be targeted by the media and complaining how the media never reported his great story and only how much he made. I agree with the media and not with PewDiePie on this.

The fact that people extrapolate the 'targeting' as branding him a Nazi isn't something I could really comment on since it wasn't a part of the discussion I just saw. So again I ask if anyone actually watched the news or do they just come online to bitch?

Anyways I have to cut this here because I'm derailing.
    His sponser who was founded by a racist and a jew hater. ironic eh.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Eek, yeah I don't agree... They have a bias, just like the others.
    Not surprising as Smith demanded the truth...

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    How exactly?
    Agenda pushing, half stories, twisting of stories, bias, complete lack of investigation, pushing crap to try and be "FIRST!" and when the truth comes to light not correcting it.

were hardly ever given the straight news, were given the reporter's own bias wrapped around the news, or we given "news" based off a a random tweet.

this goes for both left and right wing media and its not only an american thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    I agree with the media and not with PewDiePie on this.
    You say this and then

This
    The fact that people extrapolate the 'targeting' as branding him a Nazi isn't something I could really comment on since it wasn't a part of the discussion I just saw. So again I ask if anyone actually watched the news or do they just come online to bitch?
    You don't get to play ignorant and at the sametime say you agree with the media.

Its clear you lack any knowledge of the story at hand. So once again you agreeing with the media is agreeing he is a nazi since the media is the ones who accused him of being one.

You don't get to play both sides of the fence sorry.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I bet they find a way to reconcile their differences once the headlines die down, but I don't think PewDiePie even needs their collaboration anymore.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

Whoever this "PewDiePie" is s/he needs to get over it.
    It was a business decision and there's not a damn thing s/he can do about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Maybe if they would stop lying he would stop calling them out on it?

Incoming facism forever club and news stories fact checked by buzzfeed.
    "The media says things I nor Donald Trump like. It's a lot of inconvenient truths that I'd rather not reach my ears. So Donald Trump absolutely should call the media "lies" even when they are not, to delegitimize them, so I can create a safe space where I do not have to hear information I'm uncomfortable with hearing."
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Are you going to pretend that Disney didn't see any scrutiny over it? Remember Powder?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Its fascist dictator talk. Period.

Mao, Stalin, Hitler, the worst of the worst scum of history, all declared x,y,z groups as enemies of the people.

Now we have Trump doing exactly the same. Its not a coincidence. Thank God for the system of checks and balances, even then it might not be enough.
    This is the part that baffles me. Whether you like the guy or not, if you look at the things Donald Trump is doing and WANTS to do, the things he's saying. They are pound for pound traditional fascist dictator moves.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, how long until some lunatic picks up on what Trump is saying, and attacks a journalist?

Seriously. What the fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Is that what you were doing? Asking the guy with a bunch of examples if he was aware of the problem?

I think you are rather deep in denial to be frank you will ignore reality to reinforce your beliefs...
    Good for you on your Buzzfeed and Pewdiepie example. Let's see a few more. The fact that our "President" is labeling the entirety of Media as "Enemies of the people" should scare you.

Whoever this "PewDiePie" is s/he needs to get over it.
    It was a business decision and there's not a damn thing s/he can do about it.
    Dude, he's like the biggest name on YouTube at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I wish that news outlets stop using yellow jornalism tactics for revenue (like the Pewdiepie issue) and focus on the real problems, with solid hard facts, to become Watchdogs of our society. Clickbait "journalist" boozos should be kicked from the system, let real journalism take back the helm, on an age that we really need it.
    Can someone explain to me what the mainstream media did that some how wronged Pewdiepie?

Everything I've read, including the links so far provided in this thread, related exactly what happened. Pewdiepie made antisementic statements and videos, he claims people are over-reacting and he did it as a joke, Youtube, Disney etc are cutting ties because it's negative publicity.

Is that not what happened? I don't' see any reference in any decent source referring to him as a Nazi or anything else at least not the media calling him such, just a report of the vids he did and the consequences of those videos.

Isn't that the media's job?

Dude, he's like the biggest name on YouTube at the moment.
    Who the fuck cares?

Well, the media is quickly making themselves the story. Despite their attempts at "objectivity".
    No they aren't. They are just reporting what is happening. Trump is making them story based on Bannon's orders.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    This is the part that baffles me. Whether you like the guy or not, if you look at the things Donald Trump is doing and WANTS to do, the things he's saying. They are pound for pound traditional fascist dictator moves.
    Like I said early'er, The reason Trump gets compared to Hitler is because he is doing shit from the same playbook.

The only difference between the two is that Hitler was smart.

- - - Updated - - -

Who the fuck cares?
    50 Million + people give or take.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet they find a way to reconcile their differences once the headlines die down, but I don't think PewDiePie even needs their collaboration anymore.
    They? Why are they the problem, when you are asserting that we need to have controversy over disney's history all the time? Are you suggesting they didn't see any in their history? Are you going to suggest that Disney is somehow not rallied against, when they do shit considered insensitive?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    Agenda pushing, half stories, twisting of stories, bias, complete lack of investigation, pushing crap to try and be "FIRST!" and when the truth comes to light not correcting it.

were hardly ever given the straight news, were given the reporter's own bias wrapped around the news, or we given "news" based off a a random tweet.

this goes for both left and right wing media and its not only an american thing.
    That's all well and good and a whole lot of buzzwords. But give some specifics of the MSM doing these things.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Are you going to pretend that Disney didn't see any scrutiny over it? Remember Powder?
    Considering they sponsered him in the past and knew exactly who he was, getting butthurt over some jokes, as tasteless as they were is beyond stupid.