Poll: What should become of the demons?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    I don't think their size has ever been truly confirmed. In some artwork they are indeed astral sized. In others barely bigger than the eredar. It seems likely they can manipulate their size depending on their need (or it just hasn't been decided yet)

the chronicle states it.
    sargeras was also described as having volcanoes on his back.
    aman'thul ripping y'shaarj out of azeroth like a bug.

most titan artwork is pretty outdated, and the only 2 pics from vol.1 where a titan isnt portrayed planet sized are the 2 of sargeras' avatar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    What is your source? wowwiki states 20-50 ft heights. They can manipulate their size like Archimonde learned to.
    you dont deserve an answer, just for using that abomination of an outdated wikipage.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-02-18 at 05:42 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    not in the mythic encounter.
    even on mythic the fight ends with the usual cinematic which means he ported himself and everyone else back to draenor and sends guldan through the portal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemay View Post
    even on mythic the fight ends with the usual cinematic which means he ported himself and everyone else back to draenor and sends guldan through the portal
    Archimonde is "dead dead for good."
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Is Archimonde really dead?
    I can tell you our idea behind that. We might change it. This might not be canon. This might be something that we decide we're gonna tinker with. I'll try and explain what the thinking was. The idea was that the demons in the Burning Legion, they're kind of immortal in that they can exist across all the planes, unless they're killed in the actual Twisting Nether itself. So killing Archimonde at the World Tree in Warcraft 3... well, he was killed on Azeroth, but he would re-coalesce in the Twisting Nether and come back to haunt us again. And the idea was if you played in Mythic and defeated Archimonde, you actually defeated him in the Nether and that he'd be dead dead for good. That was the idea that we played with. We tried to explain that and I don't know if... that certainly doesn't come across in-game because it's not necessarily explained in-game. Maybe we'll change that. Maybe we'll change the canon of that. But that was the idea that we were working with... was unless you rip these demons out and take them to the Twisting Nether and kill them there, they'll always keep coming back. But maybe that's not canon. Maybe we'll tinker with that idea. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    The fight takes place ON ARGUS. Abord his ship. Ypu literallly take the portal from avatars room as illidan quotes to follow and destroy the deciever. 7.2 is kiljaedens death. The primary driving antagonist outaide sargeras for the entirw game since wc1
    even in if the fight in the nether it dont mean he will die he is called the deciever
    he will trik us decieve us into a trap so we may retreat and rebuild our army
    it will be stupid to kill the leader of the eredar in 7.2 as we go to argus in 7.3
    he will be the biggest threat in argus before sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Donald Trump.
    no spoilers bro

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    nope he will not he will decieve us and we will fall into a trap he is not called the deciever for nothing we will end up on argus KJ one of the smartest characters in wow
    he will have a plan b and in argus we will fall in a trap and maybe he will catch velen and corrupt him and we and anduin will need to resque velen and cure his corruption
    but I think he will die in argus

- - - Updated - - -

nothing there is saying he will even in the nether he will take the fight on the ship to argus and on argus we will fall on a trap
    he is the deciever you know
    Uh, that's your interpretation. To everyone else, it's clear ad day that he is going to die, seeing as we fight him in the Nether. Death for demons is permanent. They could throw us a curveball, but I highly doubt they will. This expansion has been all about new beginnings and moving forward from the past characters into new realms.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Illidan of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I can tell you our idea behind that. We might change it. This might not be canon. This might be something that we decide we're gonna tinker with. I'll try and explain what the thinking was. The idea was that the demons in the Burning Legion, they're kind of immortal in that they can exist across all the planes, unless they're killed in the actual Twisting Nether itself. So killing Archimonde at the World Tree in Warcraft 3... well, he was killed on Azeroth, but he would re-coalesce in the Twisting Nether and come back to haunt us again. And the idea was if you played in Mythic and defeated Archimonde, you actually defeated him in the Nether and that he'd be dead dead for good. That was the idea that we played with. We tried to explain that and I don't know if... that certainly doesn't come across in-game because it's not necessarily explained in-game. Maybe we'll change that. Maybe we'll change the canon of that. But that was the idea that we were working with... was unless you rip these demons out and take them to the Twisting Nether and kill them there, they'll always keep coming back. But maybe that's not canon. Maybe we'll tinker with that idea. (Source)
    "We might change it. This might not be canon."

"dead dead for good"

Aight.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Uh, that's your interpretation. To everyone else, it's clear ad day that he is going to die, seeing as we fight him in the Nether. Death for demons is permanent. They could throw us a curveball, but I highly doubt they will. This expansion has been all about new beginnings and moving forward from the past characters into new realms.
    we will see

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post

"dead dead for good"

Aight.
    you cant convince them they seen the cinimatic he died in draenor
    its like telling a person its a bull not a cow and the person will still milk it
    there is no hope for them
    and they say blizzard confirm it but there is nothing that confirm he is dead for good

According to the Chronicle, even Sargeras wasn't enough to hold the Legion together. He recruited the eredar to give him a command structure that could keep things in order. In other words, killing Sargeras may not even disrupt the Legion that much. Killing the eredar (wiping out Argus), however, should definitely splinter the Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post

"dead dead for good"

Aight.
    you cant convince them they seen the cinimatic he died in draenor
    its like telling a person its a bull not a cow and the person will still milk it
    there is no hope for them
    and they say blizzard confirm it but there is nothing that confirm he is dead for good
    Uh, huh... They might change it. That means they haven't changed it yet. As it currently stands, Archmonde is dead dead. Kosak even says it didn't come across very well in the game... you know, the in-game cinematic.

Deleted
    Kil’Jaeden is a very smart demon, but him personally attacking us right now seems to be a really really stupid move.
    Just moments before the invasion we (the heroes + Khadgar, Yrel and Grom) were killing his stronger brother Archimonde for good without any deus ex machina. While we had left Yrel and Grom behind, we gained a crapton of powerful artifacts, full orders support, Illidan and the pillars of creation. And he probably knows this if someone ever sent reports.
    In fact I think Kil’Jaeden didn’t have enough screentime yet, we barely had anything to do with him, same for Sargeras.

The whole we are killing Sargeras or finishing the BL in Legion seems very odd, too. He is massive and why would he exactly be on Argus? Also consider the company who kept Bolvar around with “there must always be a lich king” or the mindless undead go on a rampage will just write off the infinite burning legion? There are probably billions more demons in the universe than scourge on Azeroth.
    I also think it’s odd that we are having 2.5 legion themed raids with no proper interim theme breaking tier, I mean in the whole of wow’s lifespan, this hasn’t happened before IIRC.

Deleted
    I really hope there will be some intense deceiving in the mythic cinematic...

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    Kil’Jaeden is a very smart demon, but him personally attacking us right now seems to be a really really stupid move.
    Just moments before the invasion we (the heroes + Khadgar, Yrel and Grom) were killing his stronger brother Archimonde for good without any deus ex machina. While we had left Yrel and Grom behind, we gained a crapton of powerful artifacts, full orders support, Illidan and the pillars of creation. And he probably knows this if someone ever sent reports.
    In fact I think Kil’Jaeden didn’t have enough screentime yet, we barely had anything to do with him, same for Sargeras.

The whole we are killing Sargeras or finishing the BL in Legion seems very odd, too. He is massive and why would he exactly be on Argus? Also consider the company who kept Bolvar around with “there must always be a lich king” or the mindless undead go on a rampage will just write off the infinite burning legion? There are probably billions more demons in the universe than scourge on Azeroth.
    I also think it’s odd that we are having 2.5 legion themed raids with no proper interim theme breaking tier, I mean in the whole of wow’s lifespan, this hasn’t happened before IIRC.
    nothing say that Archimonde is stronger than KJ archimonde is better in battle tactics maybe
    but KJ is the strongest in the arcane out of the 3 rulers as velen said

Deleted
    I'd say they would form tribes and wreak havoc around them, but not move too much if there isn't anything that takes their attention.

So without a leader that would point them towards worlds like Azeroth, they would probably stay in a place, destroy everything then fight among them and end destroying themselves. However, if demons were enough separated, they would ultimately be independent beings who does as they please until someone stronger defeats them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    kosak could've saved up quite some time by simply saying:
    our idea with the mythic phase was to kill him off completely, so he's dead dead.
    however, due to game not really being able to tell what was going on because of the the cinematic etc. we might retcon his death if need be.
    ofc not exact wording, but would've spared us the headache.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-02-19 at 12:12 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    I agree. They kinda sliced through too much important demons too fast...

I personally would've left Kil'Jaeden for 7.3 and made Avatar of Sargeras end boss in ToS. If we assume Sargeras will be end boss on Argus they won't have much imortant demons left for other bosses. I think Malchezaar is not developed enough to take over from Kil'Jaeden as lead antagonist.

Also I hope we get at least some interaction with Sargeras whichever form he has (spirit or titan) and get a glimpse in his mindset because I find him too interesting to just be raid boss with generic threat lines.
    Look at the bosses in ToS. Two of note
    Final raid wont be an issue they have more then enough big names they held back

Magthetidon. All dreadlords cept balnazzar is alive. Ect.

- - - Updated - - -

The demons arent mindless like the undead. Its pretty fucking simple

Also cataclysm didnt break from old god raids start to finish
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-19 at 03:29 AM.

Deleted
    nothing say that Archimonde is stronger than KJ archimonde is better in battle tactics maybe
    but KJ is the strongest in the arcane out of the 3 rulers as velen said
    When they were still uncorrupted. And I actually meant physical strength. Archimonde was tasked with leading the BL to battle after all and was called the Destroyer while KJ was tasked with assimilating races into the BL. Even if he was strongest in both physical and mental skills. We are still having a lot more power than back on Draenor where we finished off Archimonde.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    The demons arent mindless like the undead. Its pretty fucking simple

Also cataclysm didnt break from old god raids start to finish
    And this actually proves my point more than discarding it. Mindless undead have no motivation to organize or attack anything beyond their reach. (pretty much everything except northrend).
    But “demons are immortal beings linked to the twisting nether who feed upon magic and life. Most of them delight in inflicting suffering, spreading corruption and destroying all that is good.”
    Outside of Azeroth there isn’t much left for them to feed upon or giving them delight.
    Why would they all of a sudden stop doing those things just because their leaders die?

When they were still uncorrupted. And I actually meant physical strength. Archimonde was tasked with leading the BL to battle after all and was called the Destroyer while KJ was tasked with assimilating races into the BL. Even if he was strongest in both physical and mental skills. We are still having a lot more power than back on Draenor where we finished off Archimonde.

And this actually proves my point more than discarding it. Mindless undead have no motivation to organize or attack anything beyond their reach. (pretty much everything except northrend).
    But “demons are immortal beings linked to the twisting nether who feed upon magic and life. Most of them delight in inflicting suffering, spreading corruption and destroying all that is good.”
    Outside of Azeroth there isn’t much left for them to feed upon or giving them delight.
    Why would they all of a sudden stop doing those things just because their leaders die?
    Archimonde is called the Defiler and that was just to roles they chose.

Archimonde wanted to destroy and Kil'jaeden orchestrated the events.

and who the fuck cares about Physical. They are EREDAR their power comes from magic and their talent in it which Kil'jaeden was the superior.

Secondly mindless undead are like Locust. CONSUME EVERYTHING

A Lich King can ccontrol them and also prevent OTHERS like Dreadlords from taking the reigns. which is exactly what would of happened because it had happened before when the Forsaken was first formed

They would stop because they will be aware we killed their leaders who are 100X more powerful than they can hope to acheive. They will stop purely out of fear of being destroyed.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-19 at 07:16 AM.

I totally agree with you on the undead and not only that one dreadlord or two by manipulation can conquer planet or destroy them
    and they can control armies of undead like the scourge that's why arthas called illidan to destroy tichondreos and before fel sargeras the demons where casing havoc in the dark beyond

and about archimonde and KJ I think in physical archi is stronger and have more destructive spells
    but KJ is smarter and have spell that can put you into an eternal wrath let say destroy warlock vs a shadowpriest in lore
    archimonde can destroy a city yess with just sand but still KJ destroy the warlock ner'zul and his orc army with a simple spell that can make an army cant move and go to eternal wrath and when he front illidan and his army in the back temple they pissed there pants from the towering KJ that mean he can use change size as archimonde and by the look of KJ he is more transformed nearly as sargeras ,with wings that he can use in flying and gaining high ground and way more ancient than archi archi only got some horns in his cheek KJ is smarter and have more knowledge and he needed us and Kalec and power of the sunwell just to push half of him back to the portal
    I hope they don't destroy his character as they destroyed archimonde in WOD
    but they did destroy his voice
    I hoped they used the same voice from the voiceddrama