Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    On my main character I play a tank so getting Mythic+ runs is really easy.

On my alt I have an 840 hunter, so getting any invite above heroic dungeons and LFR raiding is neigh on impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ukibest View Post
    Because it takes to long time and so boring,100500 tryhard.When u play wow smt like 7-8 years,its rly boring
    No shit Sherlock!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    base Mythic is piss easy. It's the new heroic. Would be no catastrophes at all. 820 groups were running them fine at the start.
    Ive been in plenty of base Mythics where groups in 840+ struggle. I welcome adding them to LFD, but hope they make 830 the requirement for entry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They're literally no different to the LFG dungeons except you have to click a few more buttons and you can choose your team mates (Or get continuously declined if you're DPS and not the group leader. There's not much extra social aspect beyond someone asking for a summon. For a big dungeon like Karazahn having no LFG makes sense, but for the others it's just a LFG queue that's more frustrating and time consuming than the typical one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Ive been in plenty of base Mythics where groups in 840+ struggle. I welcome adding them to LFD, but hope they make 830 the requirement for entry.
    No I disagree with that.

There should be content NOT on the queue and some that is. I think its dumb that they are adding CoS and Arcway to the queue.

This game need MORE exclusive content, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    No I disagree with that.

There should be content NOT on the queue and some that is. I think its dumb that they are adding CoS and Arcway to the queue.

adding base mythic to the queue is just a way to not force every dps that wants to run the dungeons to be declined by over 30 groups(unless you're overgeared in which case the invites usually can't fly out fast enough).

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them. I have a ton of fun in there. I also have a ton of fun in Heroics. It's largely a question of whether I want to focus and put out some effort or pop open a beer and just smash through a few dungeons for the night. I could do with de-emphasizing the timer in favor of emphasizing the experience inside the dungeon like the days of old, though.

- - - Updated - - -

No I disagree with that.

Apparently Mythic-only hasn't had the bang for its buck Blizzard was hoping (much like de-emphasizing LFR for Normal didn't really work out the way they'd hoped in WoD). The fact is there are a lot of players who just don't want to deal with the Group Finder and their evening consisting of "Your application to X has been declined." For the sort of players who stick with Heroic for it's no-fuss jump in/jump out style, creating a group likely comes with implicit responsibilities they aren't cut out for (I certainly wouldn't want someone with no experience trying to coordinate pulls and boss strats).

Ergo, now that the three Mythic-only dungeons have had more than ample time as Mythic-only, they're getting queues (Kara is split into two wings in the LFD tool but one complete dungeon if entered by foot) and the new dungeon is launching with all three difficulties. Again, this suggests Mythic-only isn't as popular as Blizz hoped it would be, which means they had trouble justifying the money put into designing the maps, boss models, and programming the fights. Which means they're putting queues in because the Heroics are where the money's at in dungeon content, which lets them justify big, beautiful maps like Kara and Court of Stars.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

No I disagree with that.

While I think that there should be more content you have to go out with people to do, that does not make it exclusive. There is almost nothing in this game right now that isn't readily available for most players to just go and do. Mythic dungeons are not exclusive and never really have been in their difficulty.

I loved the idea of an interesting and challenging 5 man content.
    The way that blizz chose to implement this idea is if you ask me questionable.
    The fact that the only challenge outside some affix combinations is “can you kill trash fast enough” and “do you have enough mass stuns” is not so fun.
    I am no m+ guru, haven't done anything higher than +17 but still.
    The fact that they made them spammable without any cap is another mistake as I see it. There should've been some kind of a cap.

Still it is a good way to gear up, farm some ap, and do some content.

For me the biggest minuses would be:
    The fact that the system favors some classes more than others.
    The spammability of m+
    The fact that the only challenge is the timer and increasing health pools and damage without additional mechanics.

Still overall it was a good addition to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    People don't like Mythic?

Either I'm disgustingly disconnected with the community, or I missed something from the WoW feed on reddit and twitter.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

They should have kept the timed system to cosmetic-only challenge modes. The rest of the system is brilliant imo, but putting a timer on anything makes for a very toxic pug experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I love the M+ concept. I love how I can farm lower keystones for AP, and actually concentrate and try my best to 3 chest >+12 keys for gear. Hell, even heroics are worth doing, just for blood of sargeras alone.

Say one thing for Legion, say how well it makes almost everything you can do feel worthwhile.
    Last edited by ozusteapot; 2017-02-18 at 03:17 PM.

I hate that they're the same, and most the most part provide better gear than raids due to the stats (though, I guess that's less true with nighthold out now) but along with relying on RNG to upgrade your items, and generally less loot then if you did a dungeon normally?

I think there should be less numbers, every +1 should be like, 50% harder then the base version, stacking of course.

I guess to try and sum up how I feel... I liked raids because it was something you did X amount a week, and that's how you progressed your character. Now, if you do raids, you also NEED to be doing M+ as well, and this is just an expectation of ANY guild that atleast does heroic - if you think not, I strongly disagree. Raids have a weekly lockout, you get loot from X boss that week, that's the only loot you get from that difficulty. Why couldn't M+ dungeons have this same system to try and eleviate this feeling of being forced to do a lot of M+ ---- I also feel like it should be limited to if you do say Maw on M5, your locked out from loot on any M+ version of Maw. Although I could see the argument with only getting locked out on the specific M+ number you did, either way would be an improvement IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgar View Post
    adding base mythic to the queue is just a way to not force every dps that wants to run the dungeons to be declined by over 30 groups(unless you're overgeared in which case the invites usually can't fly out fast enough).
    Whats wrong with starting your own group and selecting the first 4 that apply to it?

Whats wrong with starting your own group and selecting the first 4 that apply to it?
    nothing, but again, if you're a dps its going to take awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    That's why some people in mythic NH still run karazhan, oh and its only going to be more relevant with M+
    majority players are not ocd addict who will run literaly anything for that 0,00000% chance of tiny upgrade.

but more on topic i dont think that people dont liek mythic dungeons - i think most people find them as badly implemented waste of time since they completly miss reward/effort mark.

they were fun in first weeks of expansion before raids opened but after that ? once again blizzard went full "raid or die" retard mode. and 5 mln+ players unsubbed just like in wod because they had no viable way of gearing up outside of raids again.

and in before so meone says mythic + - gl finding spot in high itlv key (8-9+) as 850-860 itlv dps or anyone to join your group to try to get upgrade. so unless you love runing dungeon over and over and overx1000 to roll the dice for titanforge - ye no its waste of time. blizzard simply put in too shitty gear in there to attract playerbase.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-02-18 at 05:09 PM.

Deleted
    Mythic Dungeons are heroic dungeons whom are not queueable for.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    majority players are not ocd addict who will run literaly anything for that 0,00000% chance of tiny upgrade.

but more on topic i dont think that people dont liek mythic dungeons - i think most people find them as badly implemented waste of time since they completly miss reward/effort mark.

they were fun in first weeks of expansion before raids opened but after that ? once again blizzard went full "raid or die" retard mode. and 5 mln+ players unsubbed just like in wod because they had no viable way of gearing up outside of raids again.

and in before so meone says mythic + - gl finding spot in high itlv key (8-9+) as 850-860 itlv dps or anyone to join your group to try to get upgrade. so unless you love runing dungeon over and over and overx1000 to roll the dice for titanforge - ye no its waste of time. blizzard simply put in too shitty gear in there to attract playerbase.
    If time is too valuable for you to use on the grindier parts of the game then focus on the weekly locked parts. Infinitely grindable content is not FOR people who only have enough time (or less) to do weekly things. It's for people who have more available time and want something to do in that time.
    @TobiasX We've got people in our mythic raid team who haven't even done the base mythic versions of over half the dungeons and in one case, 0 mythic+. He's got 896 gear and 45 traits anyway. Unless you're already on star augur + you don't really need 54.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    If time is too valuable for you to use on the grindier parts of the game then focus on the weekly locked parts. Infinitely grindable content is not FOR people who only have enough time (or less) to do weekly things. It's for people who have more available time and want something to do in that time.
    @TobiasX We've got people in our mythic raid team who haven't even done the base mythic versions of over half the dungeons and in one case, 0 mythic+. He's got 896 gear and 45 traits anyway. Unless you're already on star augur + you don't really need 54.
    im talking about completly different demographic though - what i mean is a crowd who finished leveling then do wq/lfr to gear up a bit during first 2 weeks and then hits huge wall between 850-860- to gear up - they either have to do very low mythic + keys - and pray for titanforge , they can do old outdated raid or lfr - and pray for titanforge , they can do wq - and pray for titanforge or ? unsubb and play something else then the wow version of slot machine. because due to once again no decent gear outside of instance content they are locked out of anything remotely new.

bad game design is bad /shrug - the same thing happend in wod - only now due to illusion of content aka mythic + raiders will defend legion till death becasue they have acces both to NH and high levels of mythic + so ofc they have what appear to be infinite farm. players around 860 itlv who dont have guildies to boost them dont have that and their only endgame is constant prayers for titanforge.

for them legion is no different then wod. and its very well visible on activity meters where it dropped to levels as during over year of hfc.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-02-18 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    im talking about completly different demographic though - what i mean is a crowd who finished leveling then do wq/lfr to gear up a bit during first 2 weeks and then hits huge wall between 850-860- to gear up - they either have to do very low mythic + keys - and pray for titanforge , they can do old outdated raid or lfr - and pray for titanforge , they can do wq - and pray for titanforge or ? unsubb and play something else then the wow version of slot machine. because due to once again no decent gear outside of instance content they are locked out of anything remotely new.

bad game design is bad /shrug - the same thing happend in wod - only now due to illusion of content aka mythic + raiders will defend legion till death becasue they have acces both to NH and high levels of mythic + so ofc they have what appear to be infinite farm. players around 860 itlv who dont have guildies to boost them dont have that and their only endgame is constant prayers for titanforge.

for them legion is no different then wod. and its very well visible on activity meters where it dropped to levels as during over year of hfc.
    Guild play having inherent advantages is part of the game, and always has been. The result of unsocial player behavior does not equal bad game design.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Guild play having inherent advantages is part of the game, and always has been. The result of unsocial player behavior does not equal bad game design.
    Guilds are not positive social play. They actually isolate people into small groups. Proper social play is REALM wide. A true in-game community. Catering to guild play is a bad idea.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.